Locked Attack Speed & DPS Comparisons

Winter Revel

25.92 Seconds=(2.4[fastest]*3.6[average]*3[fast]) (Game ticks are in 0.6 Second Intervals, so Fastest is 4 ticks, fast is 5 ticks, average is 6 ticks)
25.92 Seconds is going to be the standard amount of time we will use to understand what is happening across all the attack speeds.
Assume for dual wielded weapons that I've added main-hand + off-hand damage.

Melee T80:

Attuned Crystal Dagger 615 Dmg
25.92S = 6,642 Dmg

Bane Longswords 738 Dmg
25.92S = 6,376.32

Chaotic Maul 591 Dmg
25.92S = 4,255.2

Average Damage between Fastest & Fast Speed Weapon:

Difference between the (Average)Fastest/Fast speed weapon and Average Speed weapon:
41.8488%

Difference between Fastest & Fast Speed weapon:
4.08163%

Range T80:

Chaotic Crossbows Royal bolts 599 DMG:
25.92S = 6,469.2

Zaryte Bow 525 DMG:
25.92S = 4,536

Royal Crossbow Royal Bolts 837 DMG:
25.92S = 6,026.4

Difference between Fastest & Fast Speed Weapon:
35.1325%

Difference between Fastest & Average Speed Weapon:
7.08729%

Melee T90: 

Drygore Maces 666 Dmg:
25.92S = 7,192.8

Drygore Rapiers 795 Dmg:
25.92S = 6,868.8

Noxious Scythe 647 Dmg:
25.92S = 4,658.4

Average Damage between Fastest and Fast Speed Weapon:

Difference between (average)Fastest/Fast Speed weapon & Average:
40.5913%

Difference between Fastest and Fast Speed Weapon:
4.60829%

Melee T92:

T92 Khopeshes 697 Dmg:
25.92S = 7,527.6

T92 Zaros Godsword:
25.92S = 4,831.2

Difference between Fastest & Average Speed Weapon:
43.6353% Difference

Magic testing needs to be done seperately.

Conclusions:
Seems that Average Speed Melee 2h's need a 40% Increase to Damage.
Seems that Fast Speed Bows need a 35% Increase to Damage.
Magic Spells Need to have their Damage stats Equalized as there is a very large variation between the dps of Air-Fire spells, which no longer is the case on RS3.

Discussion:
What do you think should be done about this?
Hit Cap Removal?
Nerf other weapons damage, to effectively buff 2h's?

Disclaimer:
Magic was completely excluded from comparisons because the way the damage is calculated seems to be by the old RS2 Magic Damage % forumla, even though it states "Magic Strength".
  • Like 4

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

Great break down on how dps works on here! Magic is already perfected 2h vs. duals so i don;t think you'll need to test that. Could you do some Masterwork Spear of Annihilation and bring to light how messed up that dps is as zgs does more damage and has the special attack?

Great break down on how dps works on here! Magic is already perfected 2h vs. duals so i don;t think you'll need to test that. Could you do some Masterwork Spear of 

Annihilation and bring to light how messed up that dps is as zgs does more damage and has the special attack?

So the whole reason Masterwork spear does less damage is simply because it doesn't have an "accurate" attack style.

I still believe it should receive special treatment in the form of some type of bleed effect.

PSA, for anyone else reading if you didn't know, Accurate attack style does the most damage on here. I believe the reason is because it's giving a passive +3 level bonus for strength/ranged, but I've never confirmed this with Sandstorm.

Also, even though Magic seems to be balanced within itself, it MAY need DPS adjustments at some point. There is essentially 0 difference between Dual Wield and 2h Magic other than the ability to proc god books & dark magic at a higher rate(and at the cost of lower damage procs)

I'd also like to see dual wield magic being returned to fastest speed. With dual wield magic currently being average attack speed, it feels clunky when switching between attack styles.

Note: Sand made the change because people were complaining about magic being overpowered originally. 

zmPWMz7.gif

mWjTLIp.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

So this was what were doing :D I personally hate to see 2h ranged & melee weapons being in this bad of a spot. I would love to use my SGB to slay my foes but the dps on it just isn't worth it compared to dual wielding CCBs. I hate seeing it being used as a spec only weapon considering its a T92 weapon and being somewhat difficult to obtain. The nox scythe is pretty good when you need to attack multiple enemies at once so it has its uses so it is in a pretty good spot right now. But the Nox bow isn't just desirable to even go for other than dyeing it having it look cool in bank. The dps meta on dual-wielding is currently far superior to 2-handers, which is why i would love to see them get some work done on them so they would be atleast somewhat useful instead of being used as cosmetics. I would absolutely love to smack some good dps efficiently with a Noxious Longbow or a Seren Godbow against bosses and feeling good about using them.

DOVdqrT.png

bd9c44355ab606827241c523a17f172c.png

This is a really nice post. I don't know the best way to fix it. I'd say probably remove hit cap if possible and buff 2handers more. I just hope it changes because it's super frustrating having these nice t92s and them being basically trash compared to gear lower level.

If it's such a big issue for 2h's and mh/oh weapons why not just increase the speed of 2h's? If they hit just as fast as a rapier for example I feel as if it could fix the issue. Instead of nerfing off-hands which are used more frequently. Keep the increased damage with 2h's just make their attacks slightly faster, yes there's already that compensation for the 2h's doing more damage but why not test out making them faster as well? They'd be more viable as a main weapon but at the cost of not being able to use anything in the off-hand slot. (Not saying do exactly this but this is just kind of an example of what could be done)

If it's such a big issue for 2h's and mh/oh weapons why not just increase the speed of 2h's? If they hit just as fast as a rapier for example I feel as if it could fix the issue. Instead of nerfing off-hands which are used more frequently. Keep the increased damage with 2h's just make their attacks slightly faster, yes there's already that compensation for the 2h's doing more damage but why not test out making them faster as well? They'd be more viable as a main weapon but at the cost of not being able to use anything in the off-hand slot. (Not saying do exactly this but this is just kind of an example of what could be done)

Technically speaking, if you were to increase the speed of Melee 2h's to Fastest weapon speed, they'd get slightly less DPS than dual wield, so even though this looks like an Option... I don't know how much anyone would consider it honestly. It would #1 make halberds completely busted... and #2 also velheim would stop resembling legacy mode for RS3.

zmPWMz7.gif

mWjTLIp.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

Technically speaking, if you were to increase the speed of Melee 2h's to Fastest weapon speed, they'd get slightly less DPS than dual wield, so even though this looks like an Option... I don't know how much anyone would consider it honestly. It would #1 make halberds completely busted... and #2 also velheim would stop resembling legacy mode for RS3.

Hence why I said that it was just an example of what could be done with a lot more thought put into it. I came up with this on the spot and of course not all 2h's have to have the same speed, it could be for the ones that are actually harder to obtain.

Now the damage buff seems to be a little much, I could see increasing the attack speed as a better option than buffing their damage.

I don't think attack speed would cause much of an issue to where as hitting 2000's in one hit could, it really depends on how much each buff would be. Attack speed or damage buff, honestly either one would be plausible but as long as it's not completely busted. 

Hence why I said that it was just an example of what could be done with a lot more thought put into it. I came up with this on the spot and of course not all 2h's have to have the same speed, it could be for the ones that are actually harder to obtain.

Now the damage buff seems to be a little much, I could see increasing the attack speed as a better option than buffing their damage.

I don't think attack speed would cause much of an issue to where as hitting 2000's in one hit could, it really depends on how much each buff would be. Attack speed or damage buff, honestly either one would be plausible but as long as it's not completely busted. 

I have another idea of how to fix it, just waiting on sand to let me know if it's possible.

zmPWMz7.gif

mWjTLIp.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png