Usergroups | General Information and Requirements

Arcadiez

zhR1CNq.png

This thread include information and requirements to apply for certain special usergroups. The information within this thread will be updated as necessary. If you've any questions regarding the information within this thread, contact an Admin for assistance.

sCLahic.png

Spoiler

The Respected Members of Velheim are individuals who has gone beyond the norm to help and assist the community. These members have impacted the community in a positive manner and tried to improve the overall game-play for each individual member. These members are pillars within the community, acting as role models in their own right. This rank is very rarely given out, and serves to recognize the select few who possess it both for their time spent on Velheim and the impact they've had while doing so.

Usergroup Requirements

This usergroup has no distinct requirements, however the following is considered before a user is selected to receive the rank.

• Respected Members must have gone above and beyond in their beneficial contributions to the community.
  • A Respected Member must have a relatively clean history within the Server.
  • Respected Members maintain constant activity on the Server and the Forum.

Becoming A Respected Member

Assuming all of the above requirements have been met and the user has been recognized by the Velheim Staff team as someone worthy of the rank, they will be contacted and awarded the rank. This rank is something that cannot be obtained by members who're actively seeking it as it's something earned over time, with consistency, and a particular mindset that is recognized as such. Any effort made in acquiring the rank by asking to be reviewed will only be detrimental to one's chances of receiving it. Remember, the final determination of who receives this rank is made solely by the Velheim staff.

Current Respected Members

The following members are currently in the Respected Members usergroup.

Spoiler
  • @Throniumclaw
  • Thronium has showed several times that he goes way beyond to help and assist members with questions and problems that may occur. He shows compassion, maturity and is a great role model for Velheim.
  • @Dranbo
  • Dranbo/Dodo has provided an amazing guide and is extremely helpful when asked what's the quickest and best methods to train. He has been an amazing role model for the community, especially for Skillers and new players. Never afraid to help the community grow.
  • @Sprout
  • Sprout has provide amazing guides and when asked for help by any member he's always there to assist. He is never afraid to teach new players the way of the game. He's respectful and a great role model for the community.

Tcioutn.png

Spoiler

The Veterans of Velheim is a usergroup populated by members who've been here since the very beginning. These members are well versed in the development of the server and is still an active supporter/player of the Server. These members have first hand experience of the many changes Velheim had going through; been here for the very highs and lows. It's been a long journey, and these members have experienced every bit of it.

Usergroup Requirements

All of these requirements must be met for a member to have the ability to obtain this rank. Failure to meet one of these requirements will automatically disqualify any possible applicants or will result in removal of the rank from a current member.

• A Veteran Member must been registered in early 2018.
  • A Veteran Member has to be an active player between 2018-present.
  • NEW: A Member who can obtain the 3-years Veteran cape from Hans at Lumbridge. + The below requirement
  • A Veteran Member has to have at least 1 000 total play time on their account; Or split between your accounts.

Becoming A Veteran

If you think you fall within this category, make an application below and a staff member will contact you for further information/confirmation.
There is no voting or nomination process, this usergroup is earned and given to the few those individuals who has been through it all.

Current Veterans

The following members are currently in the Veterans usergroup.

Spoiler
  • @Sun
  • Sun has been around since the middle of May and continued to support Velheim. She is well versed and knowledgeable about everything Velheim has gone through. Soon approaching astonishing 3 000 total hours played. It's been a long journey, thank you for sticking around!
  • @Ahoy
  • Ahoy was one of the few people who has been here since the very beginning. He has assist Sand over the years, taken care of the forum and much more. Ahoy is a well known OG player within in the community, he had to take a break due to irl stuff however he's back and stronger than ever!
  • @Ragnar850
  • Ragnar has been here since Feb 1st 2018, an old soul who has been through all the changes Velheim has offered. He is knowledgeable about the game and never afraid to share his knowledge and memories. Providing a positive feedback to the community. It's been a long journey, thank you for sticking around!
  • @Angel
  • Angel has been around since early June 2018. An experienced and amazing PVMER that have personally taught me many things. He's always intrigued to improve his PVM skills, but also not afraid to help and assist new player on learning their ways around bosses. It's been a one hell of a journey with a lot of laughter, thank you for sticking around!
  • @Zwodo
  • Zwodo has been around since May 2018. A player who kept on going, supporting Sandstorm and Velheim in an attempt to make this the greatest Server of them all. Zwodo has seen the player base go from nothing to one of the leading high revision RSPS out there. Never afraid to help new players wrap their head around all the new content. It has been a long journey my friend and I hope it will continue with greatness, thanks for sticking around!
  • @FunkiiPanda
  • Funkii has been velheimer for 3 whole years! A hardcore ironman who has survived whatever is thrown at him without any issues. A perfect example of a skilled player! If asked by players he's not afraid to share his wisedom and experince from his several years on the server. It has been a long journey my friend and I hope it will continue with greatness, thanks for sticking around!
  • @IZerkOff
  • Izerkoff has been on Velheim for a very long time, been both a member of the community as well as the staff team. Assisted Sand and the Server any many different aspects. When he is active he's always try to help new players find their way around, giving tips or even teach some PVM. The years has passed and the journey has been long, I hope it will continue and you will continue to represent the server. Thanks for all the help and for sticking around.

R9JCrxQ.png

Spoiler

The Designers of Velheim are members who've had both their level of designing proficiency and community contributions recognized by the community and staff members. These members are exceptionally skilled in their design medium of choice and make an active effort in showcasing their works for the community to enjoy. Designers are role models within the designing community of Velheim and have been recognized as such with the rank. Designers are confirmed members who can sell their products to other members. Eg Forum Signatures.

Usergroup Requirements

All of these requirements must be met for a member to have the ability to obtain this rank. Failure to meet one of these requirements will automatically disqualify any possible applicants or will result in removal of the rank from a current member.

• Designers must be active within the community, frequently sharing their own work.
  • A Designer must be able to prove that their work is indeed theirs and not taken from other Designers.
  • Designers must be both knowledgeable and skilled in their respective choice of programs.

Becoming A Designer

Assuming all of the requirements are met and the member has been recognized as someone deserving of the rank, an application can be made below and a member of staff will contact you for further information/confirmation.

Current Designers

The following members are currently in the Designer usergroup.

Spoiler
  • @Arcadiez
  • Made several contributions to the community; Such as Forum badges, ranks, signature, logo, advertisement thread design and more.
  • @Yggdrasil
  • Made several high quality Signature for the community, has proven to be skilled within his area of expertise.

Eee1C1H.png

Spoiler

The Youtubers of Velheim are members who have showed their excellent content creations skills to the community and recognized by the community and staff members. These members have not only provided content to Velheim but they also brought new players to our community and widen the word of Velheim. Youtubers are allowed to share their Youtube channel on here, to obtain new viewers and subscribers. Known RSPS-Youtubers will also receive an exclusive Youtuber rank in-game.

Usergroup Requirements

All of these requirements must be met for a member to have the ability to obtain this rank. Failure to meet these requirements will automatically disqualify any possible applicants or will result in removal of the rank from a current member.

• A Youtuber has to be either a well known RSPS-Youtuber within the RSPS community or a Youtuber recognized by the community and staff members for their contributions to Velheim. Eg: A person who makes several guides/trailers/series etc.
  • Youtuber shall not use our Server for their own agenda. We gladly support people who are attempting to grow their channel, but we do not take kindly to those who expect to receive items and other benefits without being able to give anything in return.
  • A Youtuber has to focus on quality over quantity. We rather see you put some effort into your videos.

Becoming A Designer

Assuming all of the requirements are met and the member has been recognized as someone deserving of the rank, an application can be made below and a member of staff will contact you for further information/confirmation; or the rank will automatically be given.

Current Youtubers

The following members are currently in the Youtubers usergroup.

Spoiler
  • @Noobs Own
  • NoobsownRSPS has provided high quality videos to us several times, he really puts effort into his work/content. He's a respected content creator here at Velheim.
  • @Casalusio
  • Casalusio has provided quality videos to us and is a good content creator.
  • @TwistedRS
  • TwistedRs has provided some great videos for Velheim.
  • @Walkchaos
  • Walkchaos has provided a great series for Velheim.
  • @Wet Wizard
  • Wet Wizard is an amazing content creator who loves what he does. Puts effort and time into his videos.
  • @Mickey
  • Mickey is a new coming Youtuber who has provide some quality videos for Velheim. Hope to see more in the future!
  • @frimb
  • Frimb is a well known RSPS Youtuber.
  • @mattigan v2
  • Mattigan has provide a lot of streams and youtube videos for Velheim, he has passion for his work and is not afraid to die on all of his hardcore ironmans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

yyUGgRX.gif

Spoiler

5fykfZT.png

Vfq9KMH.png Top notch mod response

Dr43bVV.png

HtDQuEI.png

MmmxLIm.png

ImpFutp.png

gsJ07BN.png

SOLD! - Such a cool idea :D

May 11th 2018, as old as it gets ;) - probably older since this was not my first account too

True Vets would remember my alias name; waaaay too long of a play time: 2978 on Sun and again no idea for my other account - so into the 3k

LET'S GOOOOOOO! :D 

• Thanks 1

★·.·´¯`·.·★ get your sᴡᴇᴀᴛ on ★·.·´¯`·.·★

• 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion, I think summoning and prayer should have some leeway for the skillers user group just because some ppl like to level those but not actually engage in combat.

Also for the Veteran user group, how is that to be updated? Will only players who began in the first half of 2018 *ever* be eligible? 

• Like 1

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

I'd like to apply for the veteran usergroup.
Overall good requirements so people need to put in some effort in order to get into an usergroup and that they need to maintain it, so if they slack like say Youtubers for example they would lose it.

Love your forum work lately Arc!

• Like 1

18.png Cap'n Ahoy #6
22.png Ultimate Ironman Stephanoski #7
17.png Silver #24
Ah0y #4 kots '24

I like the idea of the usergroups but a lot of the requirements seem to be more subjective over objective. I'd like to see them personally be more black on white rather than gray requirements. Stuff like "must be a well known skiller" shouldn't be a requirement. That's more of a gray requirement like I am mentioning. It's not concrete. Just my opinion. :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Winter Revel said:

Just a suggestion, I think summoning and prayer should have some leeway for the skillers user group just because some ppl like to level those but not actually engage in combat.

Also for the Veteran user group, how is that to be updated? Will only players who began in the first half of 2018 *ever* be eligible? 

Yeah i didn't really want to add the skiller group as it doesn't fit the concept of the other ones, so may get removed(was asked to be added). As the rest have high requirements behind them, but as you've seen they have their own animated icons, background etc

Vaguely speaking Veterans have to be here since the beginning. Those who joined in the early days and have continued to play over the years, so not joined 3 years ago and haven't touched the game. This will probably change over time to fit the 3 year cape requirement.  But since we just approached it, I'm waiting to see how it turns out.

yyUGgRX.gif

Spoiler

5fykfZT.png

Dr43bVV.png

HtDQuEI.png

MmmxLIm.png

ImpFutp.png

gsJ07BN.png

6 hours ago, Nty said:

I like the idea of the usergroups but a lot of the requirements seem to be more subjective over objective. I'd like to see them personally be more black on white rather than gray requirements. Stuff like "must be a well known skiller" shouldn't be a requirement. That's more of a gray requirement like I am mentioning. It's not concrete. Just my opinion. :)

Yeah the Skiller one wasn't really ment to be there tbh. It was added upon request, may remove it. The rest have some high requirements behind them as they're specific quality user-group that the norm doesn't obtain. That's why they have such high requirements behind them, not only shall you meet the requirements but you have to actually earn it. For say veteran, just because you joined 3 years ago doesn't qualify you for it. You have to been an active member since the start. I will not be adding a user group for each game mode as i already have that made. Joining for say a month ago and expect to obtain respected member is not the point. Have to be a known player within the community and made an impression on the staff team as the information clearly describes.

These user-groups have their exclusive own animated icon, privilege, background etc. To awards those members. They should be rare and given/awarded to those few who are worthy. It's a prestigeful achievement. 

It's difficult for me to keep track of em all thus why i want some ppl to apply so I can go further into detail and confirm it. Again this is not something an average player will have the opportunity to achieve these are exclusive user-groups. The skiller once will most likely get removed when i have some spare time.

yyUGgRX.gif

Spoiler

5fykfZT.png

Dr43bVV.png

HtDQuEI.png

MmmxLIm.png

ImpFutp.png

gsJ07BN.png

33 minutes ago, Frozenbolt said:

I want to apply for the veteran please =)

Started in 17th of August 2018

Almost 805 hours on frozenbolt 154 on frozenboltx and 96 on beebear

As of the current state you do not fulfill the requirements

"A Veteran Member must been registered in early 2018." August is in the late 2018.

In the near future this will include people whom have achieved the 3 year Veteran Cape. But i want to wait a bit before adding this. 

yyUGgRX.gif

Spoiler

5fykfZT.png

Dr43bVV.png

HtDQuEI.png

MmmxLIm.png

ImpFutp.png

gsJ07BN.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just randomly came across this thread trying to search for Awards instead. I would love a veteran badge. I've been signed up since May 23rd, 2018. Not sure if it cuts it but it just might :) Either way I'll be snagging that 3Y cape (I actually have it already, apparently it was given out for 3 months back then?) next month :D I have 1500 hours on my main alone and probably another 1000 across alts.

11 hours ago, Zwodo said:

Hey, I just randomly came across this thread trying to search for Awards instead. I would love a veteran badge. I've been signed up since May 23rd, 2018. Not sure if it cuts it but it just might :) Either way I'll be snagging that 3Y cape (I actually have it already, apparently it was given out for 3 months back then?) next month :D I have 1500 hours on my main alone and probably another 1000 across alts.

Same here, but since I joined back on October 30, 2019 I think I miss out on that "Veteran Rank" - Or does my account still class as being able to achieve this rank once I get that 3 Year Veteran Cape? I've apparently been around for 2 years, but the forums/in-game doesn't count that, says I've been around for 1 Year(s). I can claim the 1 Year cape soon, and also the 2 Year cape shortly, so I assume after the 3 Years one I can come back and apply for the Veteran rank? Been around for nearly 600 days, but only got near 500 hours play-time in total.