Locked Monthly Event Feedback - vol. 1

Yggdrasil

Hi everybody.

Making this quick post as a way to get more insight on what you as players would like to see hosted more on the server. This'll be coming round once a month, so if you'd like something to be noted, make sure that you catch the post while you can! To participate, please fill out this form:

• What events are you currently interested in us hosting more?

• What type of events do you prefer?

• Is there anything that we could be doing better?

Thank you to those who fill out the form. Your participation will go a long way with helping us improve the day to day running of our server!

• Like 1
Spoiler

j36pvJj.png
lNpArm5.pngunknown.pngYISNFhw.png

image.png

Skill specific events at the notice board? :o ,More useful pvm events that are different to gw2 (nex,, elite dungeon), I want a stealing creation event at least once in my life. 

Decided to expand on 'skill specific events' - For example if a staff member is to set 1 day to turn the skilling events zone into e.g. Archology Anarchy, Mining Madness, Doodoo Divination, Hunters Hell (as you can see where I'm going with fun creative names), for 1 day or half a day giving everyone a chance to go without it being over powered and over camped, even if this is only once a month as I understand that is can be limiting as to which skills you can do. 

I have no preference when it comes to events, if it sounds fun or I'm online at the time (most like online at the time) i'd join them as long as I have the requirements to join of cause. 

Better scheduling and prior notice, there are a lot of spur of the moment events that just happen to happen if you are online (yggdrasils giveaways, spur of the moment boss events), yes I like these spur of the moment events as it gives people whom are lacking motivation or needed a break from what they are doing something to do, but it should be inconjunction with planned events

• Like 1
  • Love 1

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

• I really enjoy skilling events. I like sprouts idea about having event themed events like "Archology Anarchy, Mining Madness, Doodoo Divination." Its nice to have a laid back area to skill with other people in. Another idea is some skilling bingo! The xp would have to different thresholds per different game modes but there could be things like gain "x" xp in different skills, smith a masterwork helm, fletch 1000 bows, etc. 
    • I typically prefer events that you don't have to be online at a specific time. Between work and school my hours to play are limited so bossing events that only last 2 hours are  hard to make. 

• Might be nice if there was an event calendar. Maybe some events could be run monthly, meaning everyone knows that hey last Friday of the month "x" event occurs. 
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I'd have to say the skilling events for sure, however not like the 3x XP event more of a themed skilling event such as Sprout suggested above. I personally also really like little random events and games during these events such as; A Fishing Themed event at the Deep Sea area, first person that find Tavia's rod wins X. 

I think creating an environment where people can skill together would make it so less people get burnt out whilst grinding that one skill, such as maybe a divination area where people of all levels could catch wisps at the same time.

I would personally be interested in a little PKing event.. I know that the server isn't known for pking, and after seeing a few people try and kill in the wilderness, it would be funny to watch. But maybe there's a way you could set up and event zone that you can only go to with 0 gear on and you all get given the same set up?

My Personal favourite are the skilling events w/ its own area as its fun to sit there and see what everyone is up to, as well as hear about how awful Archaeology is.

I like the little PVM events such as boss masses etc, however the only issue is that the newer players that don't have as much gear and therefore miss out during this.
Maybe try to incorporate some events that involve the server working together?

Utilise the mini-games, everyone needs Thaler at some point, why not make it fun and engaging rather than fulling AFK?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Morks 3D Sig 5.gif

I'm going to have to go with @Morkrs on this one; skilling events would be really cool to see hosted a bit more, or on a scheduled basis. I'm always down for a bit of skilling, always going to find yourself doing so on any type of main account so an event based around skilling would help spice things up a little maybe? It could be done either way really using the modes we already have possibly and making it a challenge by limiting the event to be only done on an Ironman account? and only can be apart of it if you've got KOTS (King Of The Skillers )in your name type if thing? or for each time the event is held, there's a new mode for it that could be made KOTS, and can only be played on when the event is on?

Skilling & PvP; I don't mind the off chance of a PvP event which gives the ones who like that sort of thing, a chance to do so as an event. Anything along the lines of a DH, Hybrid/Tribrid fight and all them other types of PvP styles I'm always down for :)

I can't really think of anything that could be done better at the moment; As a Staff team, you guys have everything under control compared to most servers out there at the moment. There's barely any toxicity on here which is great; you might get the off person who's having a bad day & rants but other than that it's pretty tight around here :) I would like to see maybe some more Supports around, maybe to help feed out the new ones asking the same things on a daily basis each time I'm online; maybe some of the ones whom have the play-time are shy to do so? ;) who knows, I might apply once I hit the 300 hour mark not too far off.

• Love 2

5 hours ago, GIM Yak said:

I'm going to have to go with @Morkrs on this one; skilling events would be really cool to see hosted a bit more, or on a scheduled basis. I'm always down for a bit of skilling, always going to find yourself doing so on any type of main account so an event based around skilling would help spice things up a little maybe? It could be done either way really using the modes we already have possibly and making it a challenge by limiting the event to be only done on an Ironman account? and only can be apart of it if you've got KOTS (King Of The Skillers )in your name type if thing? or for each time the event is held, there's a new mode for it that could be made KOTS, and can only be played on when the event is on?

Skilling & PvP; I don't mind the off chance of a PvP event which gives the ones who like that sort of thing, a chance to do so as an event. Anything along the lines of a DH, Hybrid/Tribrid fight and all them other types of PvP styles I'm always down for :)

I can't really think of anything that could be done better at the moment; As a Staff team, you guys have everything under control compared to most servers out there at the moment. There's barely any toxicity on here which is great; you might get the off person who's having a bad day & rants but other than that it's pretty tight around here :) I would like to see maybe some more Supports around, maybe to help feed out the new ones asking the same things on a daily basis each time I'm online; maybe some of the ones whom have the play-time are shy to do so? ;) who knows, I might apply once I hit the 300 hour mark not too far off.

Thanks for your input!

• Like 1
Spoiler

j36pvJj.png
lNpArm5.pngunknown.pngYISNFhw.png

image.png

On 3/12/2021 at 3:36 AM, Yggdrasil said:

Thanks both for the feedback so far. A calender/schedule is something I'm definitely looking to implement soon.

What if the ingame event notice board just had a calender/information board built in? Say there is no event going on, it would at least inform us if any events are planned, and if so, which.

Like most other people I'm a huge fan of the skilling events. And what sprout said sounds like a very nice idea, however It'd be nice if it was specific skills and perhaps not on triple exp. So you'd have the tradeoff. 

I also love just normal skilling events like a bankstanding events, i.e some admin pops over to seers bank and drops down some ports for a few hours and people chill and do bankstanding skills. 

Skilling events are the go2!

Pvm bingo is something I enjoy very much. 

It'd be nice if more events started getting announced via the discord aswell. I know some events go on the forums etc but most of them are just for the minute and announced ingame.

• Love 1

Yipe2.gif.727862c4b0ff45be6665086e49c45174.gif

2Ug2WAw.png

CAu7Tgd.png