Ironman Dailies guide +tips/tricks

Parlay

Seeing as there's not really an ironman dailies guide and it could be quite daunting at first. I'll put together a list of things that I recommend you do daily/hourly and some tips and tricks to make early game as much of a breeze as possible for you. I'm by no means any good at making guides so it'll basically be a simple list for you to follow. I do not claim that these are the meta methods to advancing your iron but this is what I did and I'm doing decent. 

Daily Runes run

Spoiler

Runes; Rune dailies are the ones I consider the most important to do. You will eventually be hardstuck and have to grind barrows at one point or another. However, if you do this daily up until you start using mage more. It'll benefit you very much in the longrun. Note; If you can afford it I recommend buying every single rune, if you can't. Stick to Chaos/deaths/bloods and souls. 

Shop 1; Magic guild Yanille.

TZI7gGe.png

Shop 2; Ali-Morrisane al-kharid just north of the lodestone.

KG8Vl8V.png

Shop 3; Baba yaga's magic shop lunar isle. North of the lunar isle lodestone

dazxNmT.png

Shop 4; Lundail's Arena-side Rune shop (Pvp teleport > magebank) It's a safe teleport.

Aoq8vKW.png

Shop 5; Zamorak wizard runes shop (North of edgeville)

SloG81h.png

If you buy runes from all shops this is what you'll end up with in about 5 minutes. May not seem like a lot but thats 18k deathrunes in 10 days doing this once per day. Highly recommended

KaSOkPV.png

Daily Misc shops.

Spoiler

These are some Daily misc shops that I recommend everyone going through. Especially the Saplings one.

Shop 1; Coeden's seed store in priff. Obv requires you to have priff unlocked, this shop can be found over at Farming tele > priff herb patch

What you're after in this shop is mainly the Saplings, buying them every single day whilst doing your treerun will net you with a lot of free farming exp.

T9l3oXq.png

Shop 2; Hefin cathedral (shop)

EK5kZps.png

You're after the cleansing crystals here, this is especially good for hcim who don't have gilded altar unlocked.

This shop is found just north of Hefin district up on the mountain. 
dR3TBBM.png

Shop 3; Bandit duty free shop. Can be found via Pvp teleports > Bandit camp. Just inside the camp (be aware this is in wilderness)

What you're after here is the bloodweed seeds. They're quite hard to come by but do make the Aggression potion Which will be very useful later on.

iVOnkP5.png

Numerous daily activities you should do.

Spoiler

Mining Priff crystal sandstone

- The basic idea here isnt that you want as much crystal flasks as possible. It's that you want to get the juices flowing with that crafting exp.

- This requires 81 mining to mine it, the amount of Crystal you can mine per day scales with your donator rank. Currently at diamond donor I can mine about 300 per day, which nets me 900k crafting exp on DXP. This is huge for early game irons trying to get 99 crafting for hydrix. Keep in mind you do need 89 crafting to be able to make the crystal flasks. But that doesn't stop you from stacking up the exp until you hit 89.

It's very very simple, what you do is mine the rock. Use the glass on the robust machine > bank and repeat.

4NLbDfK.png

This can be found in the ithell district.

BScIiXl.png

Daily Bork kills;

Can be found under boss teles > bork.

Should do this every single day to stack up on charms and uncut gems for 99 sum and that 89 crafting.

StjELZm.png

Evil Tree; the sooner you start doing your daily ;;ett the better. The main thing we're after from ett isn't actually the spins. It's the fellstalk seeds and the morchella mushroom spores. These will come in very handy once you reach high level farming/herblore as they combined make the Prayer renewal  potion. Which is extremely handy once you start pvming. A must have really. The sooner you get on this the better.

Warbands ;;wbt ; Is also something you want to get onto asap. I'd not recommend this for hcim as there are sometimes pkers running about, if it's a low level one like 9-11 I suppose you could go for it. I believe it appears about every 5-7 hours? Early game I'd recommend you using it on herblore as it can net you up to 900k herblore exp (on dxp) at higher levels

Daily divine locations

- Not extremely important but can speed up your process if you're not a huge fan of doing farmruns.

I'd only recommend making the following Divine locations;

harvesting these will give you herbs based on your farming level and which divine you create.

Divine herb patch I ; 12 Divination, 10 Clean guam, 5 flickering energy

xUTt9Js.png

Divine herb patch II ; 51 Divination, 20 Clean irit, 20 Gleaming energy.

ojrI6j5.png

Divine herb patch III ; 82 Divination, 5 Clean cadantine, 10 Brilliant energy.

SPU4HcC.png

My 2 cents on farmruns

Spoiler

My 2 cents on farmruns is that you should always do herbruns whenever your 40 minute timer is up, and treeruns atleast once a day.

First of all I'd recommend heading over to master farmers to get you started on some herb seeds, then depending on what route you take you'll get a lot of them through slayer. Save your vote points for a magic secateurs, it's a life savior. Remember those bloodweed seeds you hopefully have 10s of now? They can only be planted in the wildy herb patch and net fairly low amount of herbs without secateurs.

Tips and tricks for farmruns;

- Once you've hit 59 farming I recommend you head over to master farmers and get yourself around 10 whiteberry seeds. During your farmrun head over to every bush patch in the game and shove these in the dirt. Keep replanting them until they all live, Don't clear the patch! These 5 bush patches will be your best friends for the herblore grind. Picking the berries of these bushes every time you do a farmrun will net you 20 whiteberries each farmrun. And as you'll notice a heap of monsters drop Cadantine seeds, which together make super defence. The best part? The bushes will have regrown with 20 new fresh berries for your next farmrun. 

But yipe? 20 whiteberries is not much for 1 farmrun. No but you'll likely be doing 100s of herbruns, then it will add up to huge amounts.

That's pretty much it for herbruns other than do them every god damn 40 minutes. You'll regret it if you dont.

Spending Proteans and oddments.

Spoiler

Spending proteans is completely and utterly up to oneself and which skill you love/hate.

However, hear me out on this one. If you're looking to get max total on your iron. I'd definitely prioritize using protean planks as cons is by far the shittiest skills for irons.

Priority;

1. Protean planks
  2. Protean hides (from 80-89 craft)
  3. Hunter (who tf wants to place manual traps)

Spending oddments I'd definitely shove them on silverhawk feathers. Doing your ingame dailies + voting you can easily get 99 agility via silverhawk boots before maxing the other skills. You can also afk thalers at CW while you diss items

Other Noteable shops; 

Spoiler

Shop 1; Scavvo's rune store (In champions guild upstairs)

Sells your rune gear aswell as rune hatchet/pickaxe.

qxAa5g9.png

Shop 2; Valaine's Shop of champions

9NIjJfm.png

Shop 3; White knight mastery armoury  (This is solely for gear to dismantle at an early stage). Can be found in falador castle.

WXaNWf7.png

Thanks for reading my ted talk, I've probably forgotten a load of things but these combined are the main things you should continue doing. 

Later on I'll shove up an aoe/trash run ed1 guide so yall can get your easy junk/components for invention.

• Like 4
  • Love 6
  • Love 1

Yipe2.gif.727862c4b0ff45be6665086e49c45174.gif

2Ug2WAw.png

CAu7Tgd.png

Great guide! I've been playing ironman for about a month now. 

I would include a steel platebody run into the rune run.
Its fairly simple
Varrock at the armor shop you get 10 
Ardy at the armor shop (South of marketplace) another 10.

It might not look like much but once you hit 99 summoning you mostlikly have loads of crimsons and not alot of steel platebodys. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have only been making a few crystal flasks, farm runs, and daily rune runs. I got lazy, but haven't been in any need of alot of crystal flaks yet. But definitely worth getting for later, also usually I do the barrows brothers for some runes like blood, chaos, etc. Great guide for ironmans, will be using this time to time, and hopefully stop bring too lazy. Since it is really worth it in the end. Thanks alot!

Spoiler

MY GUIDES:

How to get to the Travelling Merchant
How to get to the Travelling Merchant - Topic 3269

Chompy Birds Guide
Chompy Birds Guide - Topic 3278

Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments
Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments - Topic 3597

How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly)
How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly) - Topic 3617

Giant Mimic Boss - D&D
Giant Mimic Boss D&D - Topic 3684

Player Owned Ports Guide
Player Owned Ports Guide - Topic 3720

Bork Boss - D&D
Bork Boss D&D - Topic 3785

How to get to the Lost Grove - Slayer Creatures
How to get to the Lost Grove & the Slayer Creatures - Topic 3800

Raptor Key & Chest - Raptor Monsters
Raptor Key, Chest & Raptor Monsters - Topic 3806

Ancient Invention Guide/Overview