Runecrafting Guide 1-99

Sprout

76px-Runecrafting_master_cape_detail.pngHHiukym.png76px-Runecrafting_master_cape_detail.png

Runecrafting.png?03f2fZX72Ysv.pngRunecrafting.png?03f2f

Portable_deposit_box.png?0a330Portable Deposit Box 

The bank deposit box has the ability to note and unnote items when an item is used upon it (much link bank booths), making this an extremely helpful tool when training at altars on velheilm, they will last for 1 hour when placed and can be obtained via a lucky spin of the squeel of fortune, or from the oddments shop (Located in your squeal of fortune tab) for 5,000 oddments. 

Brooch_of_the_Gods.png?eb10aBrooch of the Gods

Brooch of the gods has the ability to store upto 1,000 urns within, saving you that crucial inventory space when using the altar training method. It also has a chance of spawning a divine blessing when training none combat related skills that provide extra invention materials.

Portal_redirection.png?9a708 Portal Redirection

Costing 1,000 Runespan points, this is something to invest in (especially if you are a classic or ironman), as you can change the mid-level runespan portal to a high-level runespan portal, making it easier to take breaks and return without having to travel to the bone ladder each time. 

Unstable_essence.png?23a36Unstable Essence

Costing 500 Runespan points per 200, this is one of the best things to save your points up for if you already have the outfits or do not have the need to get the outfits. This is a stackable essence that takes up 1 Inventory Space, however when using this upon an altar you will only receive xp and no runes in return. 

A majority of this skill is done in runespan, this is because it's all in one place and saves on teleporting and rune/pure essence making it ironman friendly.

You can ctrl+f 'map' to quick find the map of spawns if you don't feel like reading everything.

To get to runespan open the teleports interface (ctrl+t) and teleport to runespan under minigames.

Runecrafting.png?03f2fPgLDXtZ.pngRunecrafting.png?03f2f

Runespan_level_1.png?9df25 1-33 Lower Level Runespan 

Level 1 Map

Spoiler

Runespan_lower_level_map.png?800d3

Runespan_level_2.png?2e115 Level 33-66 Middle Level Runespan (Alternative from 65 available) 

Level 2 Map

Spoiler

Runespan_middle_level_map.png?e5246

Runespan_level_3.png?61bef Level 66-99 High Level Runespan (Requires Bone ladder to access, see middle floor image) (Alternative from 65 also available) 

The following image has been provided by @Dranbo, when you spawn inside high-level runespan you will spawn on island number '1' (see image below).

65+ Spot

At level 65 I'd believe that Island number 3 will be one of your best bets, it's close to the spawning island and has 1 death esswraith, 1 blood esswraith and 2 nodes on the same island making this a prime spot to stay until you hit level 90 or decide to switch to runecrafting altars. 

90+ Spot

At level 90 island 32 will be your go-to island as there are 2 soul esswraiths inhabiting this island, as well as it being close to other islands with node spawns you can easily hop over to for the best xp gains possible. 

If you prefer nodes, the North-Western side of island 20 has 3 nodes soul and blooth wraiths within close distance without having to island hop. 

Level 3 Map

Spoiler

Best Islands for Runespan : runescape

Spoiler

Runespan_upper_level_map.png?7070b

66-99 Alternative Method

From here onwards if you have enough Pure Essence and oddments you'll want to start using altars as you will spend the longest them above this level making it worth while to place deposit boxes, if you are ironman I'd recommended saving all your Pure Essence for blood+ unless you need runes. 

Portable_deposit_box.png?0a330Portable Deposit Box

Death_talisman.png?97b11 65-77 Death Altar/Death Runes:

If you are a regular account with GE access, have an extreme stockpile of pure ess or you are an Ironman in-need of barrage runes, I'd stick with runespan until atleast 77 so you can spend time on saving for a deposit box. 

Death Talisman drop sources; 

Dark Beast

Blood_talisman.png?674ca77-90 Blood Altar/Blood Runes:

Blood runes are very worth while doing especially if you are now at the point that runespan is becoming boring to you, or if you just have oddments spare for portable deposit boxes for quick unnoting of items. 

Blood Talisman drop sources;

Werewolf - Werewolfs that drop the blood talisman in Velheim are located within the city of Canifis.

Soul_talisman.png?0eae3 90-99 Soul Altar/Soul Runes: 

Soul runes are the fastest method from here on out, it's also wise to save up your oddments for a portable deposit box to unnote your pure essence on or wait for another player to host a deposit box and join in. 

Soul Talisman drop sources; 
Feline Akh
Imperial Mage Akh
Imperial Ranger Akh
Imperial Warrior Akh

(Please note 117 slayer is required to obtain a soul talisman, if you do not have the requirements you will need to finish your adventure either in the runespan or at the blood altar) 

Runecrafting.png?03f2fVXEktP9.pngRunecrafting.png?03f2f

Spoiler

Air_rune.png?8953d Air Rune - Level Requirement: 1

Mind_rune.png?b532f Mine Rune- Level Requirement: 1

Water_rune.png?5fc3d Water Rune - Level Requirement: 5

Earth_rune.png?e9db6 Earth Rune- Level Requirement: 9

Fire_rune.png?473ec Fire Rune- Level Requirement: 14

Body_rune.png?9307f Body Rune- Level Requirement: 20

Cosmic_rune.png?62d07 Cosmic Rune- Level Requirement: 27

Chaos_rune.png?c39e1 Chaos Rune- Level Requirement: 35

Astral_rune.png?6437a Astral Rune- Level Requirement: 40

Nature_rune.png?01318 Nature Rune- Level Requirement: 44

Law_rune.png?83109 Law Rune- Level Requirement: 54

Death_rune.png?4080e Death Rune- Level Requirement: 65

Armadyl_rune.png?21237 Armadyl Rune- Level Requirement: 72

Blood_rune.png?8daab Blood Rune- Level Requirement: 77

Soul_rune.png?2cbc2 Soul Rune- Level Requirement: 90

Runecrafting.png?03f2fjh4bmlM.pngRunecrafting.png?03f2f

9klBkuL.png

Master_runecrafter_robe.png?efd50  Master RuneCrafting Outfit: 1% Xp boost per piece

Advanced_pulse_core.png?3eb39 Pulse Cores: 10% core bonus xp for 10min (Stacks upto 60mins), 50% bonus is also applied when equipping the pulse core.

Abyssal_titan_pouch.png?52d88Abyssal Titan: Stores 20 Pure/Rune Essence

Book_of_knowledge_%28Elemental_Workshop_ Vote Books: 50% increased xp for 15min/book

Massive_pouch.png?c3385 Rune Pouches: Stores Between 3-18 Pure/Rune Essence depending on the pouch

Decorated_runecrafting_urn.png?73899 RuneCrafting Urns: When filled, provides additonal xp when teleporting urn (Can be filled in runespan)

Wicked_hood.png?6ac56 Wicked Set: Hood Grants the ability to withdraw 250 noted Pure essence from the hood and the ability to teleport to the Wizards Tower

Infinity_ethereal_body.png?a45ff  Ethereal Outfit;

7% chance to double runes while siphoning in runespan

12 Rune/Pure Essence can be stored in the Body

Move between Platforms in runespan without any rune costs (level is still required)

Using the Master Runecrafting xp boost (if master runecrafting is owned)

Uses Wicked outfit effects (if wicked set is owned).

Well_of_Goodwill.png.fda443532d990986afebc59c57d321f4.png

Don't forget about the well of goodwill and/or double xp weekends for even more xp gains!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

Amazing detailed breakdown of Runecrafting! Keep up the great work on these guides!

A couple of suggestions to add:

1. Velheim's advanced pulse core buff goes directly to 10% instead of 2% increments. Also equipping the pulse core will apply a 50% xp bonus.

2. I would add Brooch of the Gods as a RC training tool. Equipping brooch while you use the box or titan method saves 1 extra space in your inventory, meaning you get a 1/25 or 4% bonus to your xp rate.

3. Could you add a more explicit explanation for the box method at the beginning of that section? I know you briefly mention unnoting the essence in the soul altar section, many people don't realize that the box method involves unnoting essence and ask about it in FC so I think it would help to make it more explicit.  

4. The island directly east from the high level Runespan entry position (Island 12) has 3 node spawn close to each other while allowing you to see 2 spawns on neighboring islands. I personally recommend this spot since it gives you a choice between 5 node spawns with the least amount of traveling between the islands.

Island 32 is the closest island to the entrance with 2 soul esswraith spawns and allows you to stock up on ess, meaning you can afk for way longer if you are planning on longer stay in Runespan

5. Add portal redirection information. It allows you to swap the mid-level Runespan teleport to the high level one and saves you a ton of time. Many people have asked about this in the FC.

6. If players have a ton of spare Runespan points. Unstable ess is a nice break from Runespan and extremely AFK.

7. Wicked hood does not have the ability to withdraw essence in Velheim. It was just a small bug so I never really flagged it down.

8. Velheim RC pouches never degrade! It makes standard RC with the abyssal titan an attractive option when your fingers are tired or don't have any portable boxes.

• Like 6

E1O7mVF.gifE1O7mVF.gifE1O7mVF.gif

7 hours ago, Dranbo said:

Amazing detailed breakdown of Runecrafting! Keep up the great work on these guides!

A couple of suggestions to add:

1. Velheim's advanced pulse core buff goes directly to 10% instead of 2% increments. Also equipping the pulse core will apply a 50% xp bonus.

2. I would add Brooch of the Gods as a RC training tool. Equipping brooch while you use the box or titan method saves 1 extra space in your inventory, meaning you get a 1/25 or 4% bonus to your xp rate.

3. Could you add a more explicit explanation for the box method at the beginning of that section? I know you briefly mention unnoting the essence in the soul altar section, many people don't realize that the box method involves unnoting essence and ask about it in FC so I think it would help to make it more explicit.  

4. The island directly east from the high level Runespan entry position (Island 12) has 3 node spawn close to each other while allowing you to see 2 spawns on neighboring islands. I personally recommend this spot since it gives you a choice between 5 node spawns with the least amount of traveling between the islands.

Island 32 is the closest island to the entrance with 2 soul esswraith spawns and allows you to stock up on ess, meaning you can afk for way longer if you are planning on longer stay in Runespan

5. Add portal redirection information. It allows you to swap the mid-level Runespan teleport to the high level one and saves you a ton of time. Many people have asked about this in the FC.

6. If players have a ton of spare Runespan points. Unstable ess is a nice break from Runespan and extremely AFK.

7. Wicked hood does not have the ability to withdraw essence in Velheim. It was just a small bug so I never really flagged it down.

8. Velheim RC pouches never degrade! It makes standard RC with the abyssal titan an attractive option when your fingers are tired or don't have any portable boxes.

1. Fixed.

2. Good point, totally forgot about this when using urns T.T (Added the tips before starting to the top)

3. Same as above, added the tips section back.

4. After doing runespan for the most part of 3 days I decided not to add specific spots because as I was exploring I noticed people seems to like 'private' spots and decided not to add and specific areas, however if this is what people want to see it shall be added.

5.  Added into tips 

6.  Added into tips

7. This works, I have withdrew the essence myself before adding it into the boosts to make sure (it gives you 250 every 24 hours). https://prnt.sc/10sfpon

8.  Oof, I died in abyss (With skull) and they degraded when I went back to get them so I assume they had the full degrade system, nether the less removed this bonus from the set info.

I'd also like to thank you for the feedback, I was struggling for additional information to add and I make the guides as I do train the skill(s) (Unless there is already one provided) and was almost not going to make this guide as I was struggling find enough substantial information to have it worthwhile, I now believe it defiantly is! (: 

• Like 2

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

• Arcadiez pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Really good and detailed guide, this has helped me alot getting my Runecrafting level up. Good putting in the runespan and the "normal" way of training the runecrafting skill.

• Like 1
Spoiler

MY GUIDES:

How to get to the Travelling Merchant
How to get to the Travelling Merchant - Topic 3269

Chompy Birds Guide
Chompy Birds Guide - Topic 3278

Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments
Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments - Topic 3597

How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly)
How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly) - Topic 3617

Giant Mimic Boss - D&D
Giant Mimic Boss D&D - Topic 3684

Player Owned Ports Guide
Player Owned Ports Guide - Topic 3720

Bork Boss - D&D
Bork Boss D&D - Topic 3785

How to get to the Lost Grove - Slayer Creatures
How to get to the Lost Grove & the Slayer Creatures - Topic 3800

Raptor Key & Chest - Raptor Monsters
Raptor Key, Chest & Raptor Monsters - Topic 3806

Ancient Invention Guide/Overview