Locked Ninja Log 04/01/2021 - Easter

Sandstorm

• Founder

Distractions and Diversions

• Guthixian Cache will now run every hour on the hour (same as in RuneScape);
  • Warbands will now run on the same exact times as in RuneScape. You can now use this: https://runescape.wiki/w/Wilderness_Warbands#Timing to keep track of when the next one will start;

Easter Event

• As Easter's just around the corner (I completely forgot!), I've reused last years event;
  • Egg Thief's will spawn randomly around every player and drop their stolen eggs;
  • Pick the eggs up obtain Pilfered Easter Eggs that will automatically be put into your backpacks;
  • The Egg's can then be used at the Easter Bunny who's located at ::home;
  • Logging in during the Event will automatically unlock all Easter-themed emotes and music tracks;

Miscellaneous

• Lots and lots of server improvement work. This relates from small object cleaning tasks for GC, to server game threads that handle everything. Velheim is growing, there's no doubt about it, so I'll be improving how the game runs on a daily basis now;
  • Added a teleport option for the Invention Guild under Miscellaneous section;
  • A lot of Lucy's Untradeable items have had their quest level requirements added;

Fixes

• Miasmic burst/barrage spells can now hit multiple targets;
  • The Elite Dungeon chest will now auto-convert noted item drops into un-noted versions when added inside;
  • Legendary Pets will no longer be able to pick-up items that it cannot reach, it will now also no longer pick-up items that YOU dropped;
  • Celestial Handwraps can now only be received when on Slayer task (Celestial dragon, Dragon cluster-task);
  • Elite Dungeon instances will no longer destroy if they're not empty (player(s) inside still), this means you will not be able to start a new Elite Dungeon instance if the last one you joined is still going.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

2 hours ago, Sandstorm said:

Miscellaneous

• Lots and lots of server improvement work. This relates from small object cleaning tasks for GC, to server game threads that handle everything. Velheim is growing, there's no doubt about it, so I'll be improving how the game runs on a daily basis now;

This is actually really big in my eyes, serves you extra credits for thinking about this and actually doing this.
Even small indy companies underestimated this before in the past (and big stonk companies still do).

• Like 1

18.pngCap'n Ahoy #6
22.pngUltimate Ironman Stephanoski #6
17.png Silver #25