Obtaining runes on an ironman

Dear beloved players of velheim.

After playing an ironman account on velheim for over 500 hours it came to my attention that runes are quite hard to come by, therefore i have some suggestions to make it more bareable.

-Increase the daily cap in the magic stores/make them restock faster (could increase the cost to balance it out?)

-Increase the amount or droprate from monsters that drop pure essence / runes.

-make the perk that saves runes better.

What do you guys think? any other suggestions?

Personally I dont like having more of them in the shops. However I do agree on runes/pess being very annoying to get..

Adding Pess to endgame/midgame bosses/npcs that don't have pure essence in their droptable as of now would be great. Not sure how Sand feels about that as most other drops are rs3 authentic. I,e Telos/kk/moss golems etc etc

Could even have it in the travelers merchant shop if that's added?

Yipe2.gif.727862c4b0ff45be6665086e49c45174.gif

2Ug2WAw.png

CAu7Tgd.png

2 hours ago, Yipe said:

How do you feel about what I said in my comment?

Adding pure ess to some other boss droptables, or that a no go bossman? :ph34r:

The essence mines ;)

Also, ehh, if RS added them as drops in the past 1 year or so (from the time I dumped all NPC drop-tables off the wiki) then sure I'll do the same, but if not then no

qqHQr41.gif

Spoiler

QuGthxB.png

Ul7FPvW.png

UsHaQgl.png

XtmU6bj.png

I9S2ZsN.png

s6sTFR4.png

Pure essence mining is probably the best bet. I killed 120 moles hoping to get essence but only got ~3k of them and she is one of the better sources for them according to the wiki. K'ril Tsutsaroth is another boss that should drop them often in good quantities but I'm unlucky there so I don't consider it very reliable, 2 drops every 50 kills. Desert strykes are the best source but these days they are crowded for the focus sight or other irons going for pure essence and abyssal demons are the same situation but with worse pure essence drop rates. This leaves pure essence mines and frankly it is good even without charges in your Grace of the Elves, can store a whole inventory in your pure essence pouches and another in your abyssal titan or just right click the deposit boxes 5 steps away and deposit all and it was fixed so those who tried before can now attempt again with better results.

Screenshot from 2021-04-06 09-14-07.png

i DEFINITELY think something needs to change. 

As it stands, we use a shit ton of runes in combat on Velheim. The shops that have runes in them also have very low amounts of them too. It doesnt make sense to have a mixture of both osrs and rs3 in the sense that rs3 has limited stock on their shops and on osrs you use alot of runes in combat. on rs3, you dont use that many runes because abilties dont use them so in all reality those runes go much farther in terms of time in combat compared to on here. something definitely needs to be done, magic perk being changed, maybe even have barrows drop more runes. Could maybe even have a new magic perk that acts like herbivore, where you have a chance of getting a box filled with runes and pure essence whenever you kill a mob + a higher chance to save runes or a chance to not use your inventory of essence when crafting at an altar... SOMETHING. its just incredibly tedious and it really needs to be changed imo. 

37 minutes ago, Fe Iron said:

As it stands, we use a shit ton of runes in combat on Velheim. The shops that have runes in them also have very low amounts of them too. It doesnt make sense to have a mixture of both osrs and rs3 in the sense that rs3 has limited stock on their shops and on osrs you use alot of runes in combat. on rs3, you dont use that many runes because abilties dont use them so in all reality those runes go much farther in terms of time in combat compared to on here. something definitely needs to be done, magic perk being changed, maybe even have barrows drop more runes. Could maybe even have a new magic perk that acts like herbivore, where you have a chance of getting a box filled with runes and pure essence whenever you kill a mob + a higher chance to save runes or a chance to not use your inventory of essence when crafting at an altar... SOMETHING. its just incredibly tedious and it really needs to be changed imo. 

This is actually a very good point, about the ability usage. That said legacy mode still does eat through runes like crazy. 

Maybe ironmen can ALL recieve a Ironman perk of using runes 1/2 the time, or only 2/3rds of the time, stacking with staff effects. 

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

On 4/14/2021 at 1:20 PM, Fe Iron said:

That is a very good point, the pure essence rates are based on eoc barely touching the stacks. I peeked at old school and corporeal beast drops 2.5k at a time commonly where the highest we have is "uncommon" from hard mode Giant Mole at 900 a time which as I mentioned with normal mode at 300-600 a time was terrible. I think drawing from old school would be a good option as that is where the spells are balanced from.

Also I tested the pure essence method and only ended up with 2700 per hour without porters, only 3100 an hour with porters which was a huge loss of materials.

I agree, Way too hard to get runes on here. On RS3, you barely consume any runes using EOC, which we do not have here, So I do not believe it should be as difficult on here to receive runes, unless you do something about the rune usage as mentioned. I think adding more ways to get essence or agree with adding a perk for essence, maybe something with triple essence chance, and chance to automatically bank those essence. Also a Ironman only perk for rune usage decrease seems fair.