Locked Rare drop table discussion

Carp Life

Intro;

I have played Rs3 casually for some time and worked on towards increasing my AoE powers just to specifically hunt for a HSR. Because hunting for the rarest item possible is my kind of enjoyment as a goal. After 500k Abyssal demon kc, I managed to obtain only three blurberry drops. I was not demotivated due to the fact that the HSR was such an insane rare item to obtain, but I just fell out of touch with the game itself. In fact the main reason that I left the game was that your dps increase is based on manually using abilities in certain orders and such. As it goes for the rest it became way too time consuming to obtain bis dps perks, prayers, abilities and whatever exists in the game in order to do what I liked doing. People always said that HSR isn't an item to be hunted and camped for and I dont blame them for saying that. As we now know over a large period of time and according to a source since its release the HSR's drop rate might possibly rest somewhere around 1/10.000.000 monster kills which share a "RARE" (1/128) base chance to hit RDT. This would mean an average estimated 8700 RDT rolls to hit the table and receive either a Blurberry special (9/10 chance) or HSR (1/10 chance). This would mean a HSR's rate is 1/78300 RDT rolls. Based on your luck you could either skip a few million npc kills, or have to kill a few million more to receive that HSR.

Lets get on with the topic on Velheim;

I've liked the server since I joined it, and fell even more in love with it once I've seen that it has fully coded Rare drop table. Once I found out about it I immedialy started making cash to buy an AoE weapon, ring of fortune and aggression potions. So once all set I rushed on to kill some mobs. I also knew I had to get a LOTD first which was either by making money or obtaining it myself. So afterall It didn't take that long and I had received a LOTD drop around 560 kc. I was overwhelmed by the drop and was buzzed to move onto next stage. The hunt for the real godly ring.

About 50k kills, 5 blurberries and 2 LOTD's later I came to realize that the HSR table is being hit at around every 1/9.000 or 10.000 monster kills. This seemed just way too common for an iconic item which is being known as one of the rarest items ingame, hence being the reason we've seen HSR's raining all over the chatbox.

As owner/developers realized the downfall of HSR prices they've made them much rarer to obtain. And I too agree its for the better of its economic state as 500M for a HSR was utter garbage and the prices would noticeable even drop down further becoming as cheap as LOTD if nothing was being done about it.

Since the nerf I was really wondering about what the drop rate now would be looking like. So I have made a new account which im hunting the HSR on. At my current spot I manage 1600 kills per hour at npc's which share a base RDT hit chance of 1/128. I do believe I get ~12 RDT rolls per hour. So far its looking horrific on my part with just 1 Blurberry drop in 50K npc kills. This alone confirms a rough estimated rate of 1/500k hsr drop rate aka 320 hours at best spot, 450 hours at a worse spot or 650+ hours while casually training slayer. These numbers could change drastically depending on when I receive the next one or few Blurberry drops. On a last note I would like to believe that with the current nerf state of HSR's drop rate we're on half the droprate of rs3. I personally like it being this rare, giving the HSR a real value and reason to grind as soon as people realize less HSR's are being entered into the game.

Discuss below what you think about the current state of RDT.

• Like 1

I haven't seen many since starting the server, or well atleast as I can remember. It would be a bit nicer to make it a little more rare, but not too rare as I think it is already somewhat rare, but this is just stated in that fact I haven't seen alot of them since starting. But could possibly gotten a few since that time, and in different timezones when I am currently not playing.

• Like 1
Spoiler

MY GUIDES:

How to get to the Travelling Merchant
How to get to the Travelling Merchant - Topic 3269

Chompy Birds Guide
Chompy Birds Guide - Topic 3278

Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments
Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments - Topic 3597

How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly)
How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly) - Topic 3617

Giant Mimic Boss - D&D
Giant Mimic Boss D&D - Topic 3684

Player Owned Ports Guide
Player Owned Ports Guide - Topic 3720

Bork Boss - D&D
Bork Boss D&D - Topic 3785

How to get to the Lost Grove - Slayer Creatures
How to get to the Lost Grove & the Slayer Creatures - Topic 3800

Raptor Key & Chest - Raptor Monsters
Raptor Key, Chest & Raptor Monsters - Topic 3806

Ancient Invention Guide/Overview