Locked Gambling/Staking Discussion

Slay Kid

Lets have a civil discussion about this topic.

What do you think?

What are the pro's and con's?

And what about Scam-Safe-Gambling or Restrictions?

Just let me know how you guys feel about this, i personally like the idea of some sort of gambling but then again i don't mind it not being currently in-game.

Just wanted to see and hear other people's opinion on this.

• Like 3

Check out this usefull hub for all the awesome guides that has been made for velheim: All Topic Sorted in 1 Place!

47243275ec2cab762b24212ee4066a18.png

Just now, Yggdrasil said:

Gambling is extremely unhealthy to basically every game and won't be added.

I see what you mean, its unhealthy for sure but then again it brings some enjoyment for me and probably for others aswell

After all this is an RSPS not real life so we are talking about virtual currency..

Check out this usefull hub for all the awesome guides that has been made for velheim: All Topic Sorted in 1 Place!

Just now, Slay Kid said:

I see what you mean, its unhealthy for sure but then again it brings some enjoyment for me and probably for others aswell

After all this is an RSPS not real life so we are talking about virtual currency..

Virtual currency that can cost real-life money. It opens avenues to scamming, hacking and real-world trading, and the fact we have no gambling right now is exactly why those three are so scarce on the server.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Spoiler

j36pvJj.png
lNpArm5.pngunknown.pngYISNFhw.png

image.png

3 minutes ago, Ayame said:

What's the point on a discussion of something disallowed by the game rules and is advertised to not be on the server

Because its important to discuss parts of the game that others may like in my opinion, obv what YGG stated its unhealthy but still this is a RSPS, not real-life and most of us are 18+

3 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Virtual currency that can cost real-life money. It opens avenues to scamming, hacking and real-world trading, and the fact we have no gambling right now is exactly why those three are so scarce on the server.

Very good point on that, But then again if you put restrictions on such thing it's sort of a win-win for other players that may like that aspect of rsps.

This topic is just to enlighten myself on how others feel about it and open a discussion.

Am also against. 

Firstly, player run gambling is against the runescape tos you shouldn't be playing flower poker and dice bags were removed so linking it to that is really irrelevant.   *gives spanking for playing flower poker* 

I dislike the spamming that comes with it 'gambling x amount come to whereeveriam'

People deciding they are just going to yolo gamble entire bank and win or loose to decide if they are quitting or not. Adding restrictions wont effect this, it'll just lead to people begging for restricitions to be lifted or bypass it by saying 'trade me after' 

Expanding on above, adds more work for staff to be looking out for

Gambling creates eco hoarders, people who become so rich they are just online to gamble all day and there goal is to clean people or open rivers of tears when people 'run' after winning which as @Yggdrasilsaid, it creates an unhealthy environment.

5 minutes ago, Sondrealt said:

I honestly only see cons and no pros with gambling,

This ^

I honestly see no pros either 

• Thanks 1

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

• Administrator

I don't like the idea of gambling coming into Velheim. However, the duel arena could be a fun addition but a fast way to lose a lot of players. Seen it happen too many times.

17 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Gambling is extremely unhealthy to basically every game.

14 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Virtual currency that can cost real-life money.

^These 100%. I started to play games of chance online because I started to do them on Runescape and different PS, and developed a really bad gambling addition that almost ruined my life.

15 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

It opens avenues to scamming, hacking and real-world trading, and the fact we have no gambling right now is exactly why those three are so scarce on the server.

^Perfectly said!

• Love 2

c6twcLD.gif

Spoiler

ApplicationFrameHost_FkKIz1df3R.png.3134f698053f7de2854f9568dbe1a53d.png

ApplicationFrameHost_myI7I8pkjB.png.23a5361f050197b8a6a8bba056548a76.png

dev.PNG

yess.PNG.894a6e5e24385f04519352276aec6d07.PNG

ApplicationFrameHost_Q9uEFFLSLE.png.93506813b20f7da34b8e95e839cc42fa.png

yeet.PNG.1e6a6fea37426fc247270df14bb36ed9.PNG

image.png

luv.PNG

nhz.PNG

image.png

bunr.PNG.51d72b0c1dcd21e7ef9db91d53648f50.PNG

image.png

I have said this before, but I will say it again.. I have a few friends from RS that gambles their bank, and also see rsps go down, and players quitting due to gambling. It is not healthy, I can literally see no pros with gambling in Velheim, as people are already stinking rich (obviously Velheim is 3 years old, so don't expect anything less). But don't need the gambling part, Velheim is fine as it is, also don't want to see people quitting and doing bad decisions because of it, kudos for making an discussion for people out of this thought.

• Like 3
Spoiler

MY GUIDES:

How to get to the Travelling Merchant
How to get to the Travelling Merchant - Topic 3269

Chompy Birds Guide
Chompy Birds Guide - Topic 3278

Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments
Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments - Topic 3597

How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly)
How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly) - Topic 3617

Giant Mimic Boss - D&D
Giant Mimic Boss D&D - Topic 3684

Player Owned Ports Guide
Player Owned Ports Guide - Topic 3720

Bork Boss - D&D
Bork Boss D&D - Topic 3785

How to get to the Lost Grove - Slayer Creatures
How to get to the Lost Grove & the Slayer Creatures - Topic 3800

Raptor Key & Chest - Raptor Monsters
Raptor Key, Chest & Raptor Monsters - Topic 3806

Ancient Invention Guide/Overview
Ancient Invention Guide/Overview - Topic 3821

Crafting Guide - 1-99+

Crafting Guide - 1-99+ - Topic 3901

PetTheCasket.gif.d9df0fc628039da8b1e0a952ebbe26b1.gif

• Founder

The main reasons I made a rule for 'No gambling' is:

• people betting their banks and then quitting if they loose (or, betting until they loose to have a reason to quit). Whenever this happens half of the time the players then proceed to blame the game, how its setup yada yada. It's never their fault for losing, the customer's always right!
  • toxicity, and/or scamming. When it happens, they call for staff. We deal with it. But.. we wouldn't be here to hold your hand for everything you do. I mean, who has the time to do that? So they end up shaming the server, and/or staff members because of their own incompetence (incompetence because lotsa times nubs fall for scams), ie "Omg, player X scammed me and I get no compensation? Shit staff, shit server"

Just some quick general thoughts from the back of my mind. There's obviously more reasons to why I dislike gambling, like addiction, rwt, eco holders shamelessly taking some players last 10m and so on.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif