Locked Moss Golem Area in Lost Grove.

Hello, I just wanted to bring this up as I am quite sure it hasn't been looked into. The moss golem zone in the lost grove is being controlled by two people on this server. There is not a moment in the day where I can go to the zone and kill moss golems as it always seems to be taken by either Hamderbob, or Big Log Dog or his alt. If you attempt to attack monsters they bring a second account to take them all, now i think that would be considered using two accounts to gain an advantage over another.. Either way I was hoping that somebody could please consider making that zone into a PVP zone so that players cannot claim the zone for themself, or make it an instanced zone so that everybody can enjoy the server just as much as other people. There are quite a few resolutions , such as making it a timed zone, or not allowing aggression potions..make it task only, e.g that I could think of to get rid of this problem, please take this into consideration, thank you! 

by the way both people are hoarding over 50 pairs of cinderbane gloves.. give other people a chance

hamderbob

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, daltball420 said:

Either way I was hoping that somebody could please consider making that zone into a PVP zone

mTAsKkc.png

Farmers are going to keep farming until Sand nerfs the gold drop/overall drops for that npc, they'll then move on.. Until then you can only wait, or ask them if you can do your slayer task, I managed to do all mine without much issue just by asking. 

• Like 2

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

I don't like that it is impossible to go kill certain monsters, but yeah unless they do something about the drops, etc.. They are still going to kill those monsters..

• Like 4
Spoiler

MY GUIDES:

How to get to the Travelling Merchant
How to get to the Travelling Merchant - Topic 3269

Chompy Birds Guide
Chompy Birds Guide - Topic 3278

Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments
Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments - Topic 3597

How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly)
How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly) - Topic 3617

Giant Mimic Boss - D&D
Giant Mimic Boss D&D - Topic 3684

Player Owned Ports Guide
Player Owned Ports Guide - Topic 3720

Bork Boss - D&D
Bork Boss D&D - Topic 3785

How to get to the Lost Grove - Slayer Creatures
How to get to the Lost Grove & the Slayer Creatures - Topic 3800

Raptor Key & Chest - Raptor Monsters
Raptor Key, Chest & Raptor Monsters - Topic 3806

Ancient Invention Guide/Overview
Ancient Invention Guide/Overview - Topic 3821

Crafting Guide - 1-99+

Crafting Guide - 1-99+ - Topic 3901

PetTheCasket.gif.d9df0fc628039da8b1e0a952ebbe26b1.gif

I'm under the opinion that afk farming mobs/bosses on alts shouldn't be possible/allowed since it just negatively impacts the game in so many different ways.

I don't like the idea that someone can get rich by just clicking a couple of times every 15 mins on ea account, and it also just stops other people from killing the same mob as stated above.

I believe I'm in the minority on this, but its just my opinion.

So if it wasn't clear, I agree something should be done <3

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Can't you still get kills if you too use an Agro pot or attack them when they spawn? Shouldn't some of the golems agro onto you when they spawn and if you attack them, stay on you?

I feel like It would still be possible to get a few kills in even with someone camping there using agro.

Not when they have better gear in general, and go to the extent of bringing another account to kill them. Point is they are also making that item basically obsolete by owning that many, they could very well ruin the economy.

so hold up here because this is not the whole story???? i was  sitting there afking while i did clues on a main so maybe an hour  this dude @poster of thread and starts  threatening me and calling me names which i also have screens of... not one time did u ask me to do ur task or anything u were then warmed by a mod to stop with ur language and threatening ppl. also i did bring my main there to make u stop which i warned u before hand i would be done soon. you left then brought ur clan to grief me and you were warned a second time to stop. ever since this one time u have been bitching about this one  thing  and talking shit in the friends chat about  ppl and mods.  i also can speak for ham that if you were to ask ham to do  your task he would be happy  to let you do them because i have  asked him on a few  occasions  to do so.  (life lesson) fact is if your nice about it and not a complete monkey/jerk to people they would most likely be happy and cooperate  with dang near close to anyone. (but) since you have made a bad name for yourself now most likely not.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

"There's no instancing for moss golems in RS3" - Sterling

^Because there are hundreds of worlds to do them on..

-----------------

Sure adding an instance would resolve the issue of players not being able to kill any, however as many said they bring in a lot of gold into the economy. Meaning if you have instances for what is basically a Venezuelan bot farm the economy would just get plastered with cash - then we have the issue where prices go to infinity and beyond. Now you have newer players joining and seeing the item values and instantly saying "NOPE" because the item values will appear unreachable by them.

(Assuming Sand nerfs drops after instanced golems ruins the economy now you just have seriously buffed item values and not such a great money maker in game making certain gear goals now unthinkable for newer players resulting in them leaving quicker than it took them just to download the game cache.)

If golems get instanced zones their drops need to be nerfed at the same time.

• Like 2

Let's try to ignore the petty drama and instead focus on the point of the thread. All sides acted badly so let's just move away from casting blame.

7 hours ago, daltball420 said:

Point is they are also making that item basically obsolete by owning that many, they could very well ruin the economy.

The prices on cinderbanes have already crashed and arent worth anything anymore purely based on the sheer amount of them ingame atm.

13 minutes ago, Xaris said:

"There's no instancing for moss golems in RS3" - Sterling

^Because there are hundreds of worlds to do them on..

The argument that something shouldn't be on the server simply becasue it doesn't exist in runescape is silly. Runescape isn't perfect and not everything in it is good for the game.

I just want to make clear that this is just my opinion!

I believe something needs to be done about the meta of afk farming gold/mats/uniques on alt accounts while playing normally on the main, or who knows, afk on that one too lol.

There's no reason to blame the players for farming it. As long as its allowed and easy to do, why wouldnt you want to place a couple of alts somewhere to just "generate" wealth for you without having to to anything?

This problem of overcrowding is just going to get worse and worse the more the server grows.

I ofc don't know what the perfect solution would be, but it could be anything from either;

• Making it instanced
  • Making it slayer only
  • Spreading them out
  • Making the rules stricter about farming on alts or just alts in general

These are just examples.

Bigger problem however is if something gets changed to just the golems, people would simply move over to other mobs and camp those instead and we would end up with the same issue again.

This is just my two cents about this matter. Thanks for listening my Ted talk! ;)

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, hamderhans said:

he kinda did claiming people farming them is a problem when thats the exact thing he want to do himself

We both know there's a difference in going on your main and killing them to get a pair of gloves for yourself, and putting an alt there to just afk farm all day for money.

• Like 1

and he never got a pair of gloves as a drop before? or are we asuming this to make it a pretty story?

9 minutes ago, Sondrealt said:

We both know there's a difference in going on your main and killing them to get a pair of gloves for yourself, and putting an alt there to just afk farm all day for money.