Locked NO FLAME: New Generalized FC

I'd hoped that Velheim would've eventually have an endorsed official general Friend's Chat for awhile now.

Currently the Help FC is getting flooded by too many topics, of which many are actually pertaining to helping others.
Unfortunately, now and then we have a controversial matter come up, and not everyone knows how to behave, or what conversations are actually permissible in the Help FC.
Also, I've just first-hand witnessed an occurrence of players not wanting to view a conversation in their chat box and attributing it to rule-breaking. They then falsely reported it to Staff, creating an issue where there was not one.
For this reason, I've started a new FC on the account "No Flame" called.... you guessed it... "No Flame".

In this FC, Rules mostly still apply.

There is only one rule that does not apply and it is this one:

ALL CONVERSATIONS RELATING TO THE ABOVE POINTS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE FRIENDS CHAT; I.E CONVERSATIONS ON ANY RELIGION, POLITICS, RACE, AND DEROGATORY DISCUSSIONS ABOUT OTHER PLAYERS AND STAFF MEMBERS WILL EARN YOU A KICK AND PUNISHMENT BASED ON CONTEXT, WHICH CAN BE VARIED BASED ON MANAGEMENT DISCRETION AND SITUATION(S)

STAFF ARE TRUSTED TO MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON THEIR OWN JUDGEMENT TO WHAT IS AND IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN THE FRIENDS CHAT.

With that stated the FC will have some of its own rules implemented to cover for the above rule not being present.

1. There is a Zero Policy tolerance for flame in the FC. You're not so much allowed to call...
    a) Velheim Players - in & out of FC
    b) Historical Figures(unless they had an intentionally derogative nickname)
    c)  Current Political/Entertainment/Business Figures
   ....so much as even a Banana without getting a kick. No name calling whatsoever. Think before you type, and also make sure you type clearly when talking about something sensitive to avoid issues. EDIT(05/18/2021): This will not include friendly banter. This will specifically be judged on your PERCIEVED relationship with the other player being poked at. If you've historically had bad relations with someone, they're not the people you should be poking at, and you'll receive a kick.

2. You may not discuss other players with the intent to slander, or demean anyone. This includes staff, as they are also people that play the game.

3. Do not be condescending, or patronizing.

4. You may not talk about Race or Religion in derogatory ways. You may talk about socioeconomics and such, but obviously don't just use that as a reason to consistently talk about the same races socioeconomic status day in & out. If you do this without intent to make constructive conversation, you'll just be kicked.

5. Understand that Generalizations and Stereotypes are not Taboo. They can be funny, or not. In the case of generalization, it can be useful. Just because someone may make a stereotype or generalization doesn't mean a person is completely uninformed, racist, ignorant, etc. Think logically about what the person is saying before jumping to conclusions.

6. No bothering Staff about things that are said in the FC unless they're extremely harmful or threatening. If staff wanted a FC of this variety, they would've made it already. That said, if one is made, this FC will be disbanded. 

These rules will be edited or added to as needed, not more than once per week so we don't run into issues of a rule suddenly changing and someone getting kicked.
It will be participants' jobs to check the FC rules if they've not been around for awhile.

FC Moderation

Staff are welcome to moderate the FC as long as they realize they're no longer moderating by Velheim's rules specifically.
Also they must acknowledge that if they express their opinions in the FC, that may generate positive or negative opinions about themselves, which in a Staff position is a bit more important.

'Generals' will be elected to carry out kicking in the FC. It is advised to not engage in any conversation with the kicked party in any case; just refer them to this thread to remind them of the FC rules.
There will not be any formal election process. It will simply be that if I already know you're not going to go on a kicking rampage, I'll probably elect you. Also, if you're one of the main people talking, having tons of conversation, and no other Generals have been around, you'll also probably get elected. 

In any case that there is a dispute about a Kick or you believe a conversation breaks the rules of the fc, you are to post it on this thread, with photographic evidence.
If there is no evidence, the perpetrator slides. That's the rule. Don't like it, don't be here. 

Edit:(05/18/2021): All FC ranks will be Corporal to help deter any brain blips where someone thinks they have increased status over someone else.... no. It's just to permit kicking power to, hopefully, trustworthy individuals.

Other Statements:

It is my hope that we can continue to have a welcoming community, where there is more freedom of speech for the mass. 
That said, I am disappointed that Staff have not yet come to a way to resolve the current issues within the Help FC for non-velheim/runescape conversation.
It is my hope that they'll move towards making the Help FC specifically for Help and information, and creating a general FC so that this one might be disbanded eventually.
It's also a good place to talk if you're not wanting to be clan affiliate. 

Thank you everyone. Happy Scaping. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png