Locked The GP Nerf.

sterling

You guys had good intentions. I believe that.

But you gotta understand, a lot of gp is not coming into game anymore with these nerfs. Invention, being a huge money sink, is going to effectively eat even more of it, but with less gp injection in the eco, its going to be even harder to do it.

Not to mention, this is going to hurt players. A lot of people did the methods they did so that gp was consistently flowing into the economy. Now?

There's nothing. There's nobody.

Everything will crash. EVERYTHING. And PvM will effectively die out; cause with no flow of gp, prices will go down to make up for it. And suddenly, there's no incentive anymore.

What was so good about the previous gp income was every monster in the game had a purpose. Now that's almost lost strictly to slayer tasks.
Is that the only option? Where's the flexibility now? And if this has to stay, increase the amount of monsters per slayer task! 

Buying or selling, both sides are heavily affected by this, and it's not going to work for much longer. Power to the players is the moral here. We know what's good for the game, and we're noticing the problem already. And some are already thinking of leaving because of this.

There needs to be a change.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, sterling said:

You guys had good intentions. I believe that.

But you gotta understand, a lot of gp is not coming into game anymore with these nerfs. Invention, being a huge money sink, is going to effectively eat even more of it, but with less gp injection in the eco, its going to be even harder to do it.

Not to mention, this is going to hurt players. A lot of people did the methods they did so that gp was consistently flowing into the economy. Now?

There's nothing. There's nobody.

Everything will crash. EVERYTHING. And PvM will effectively die out; cause with no flow of gp, prices will go down to make up for it. And suddenly, there's no incentive anymore.

What was so good about the previous gp income was every monster in the game had a purpose. Now that's almost lost strictly to slayer tasks.
Is that the only option? Where's the flexibility now? And if this has to stay, increase the amount of monsters per slayer task! 

Buying or selling, both sides are heavily affected by this, and it's not going to work for much longer. Power to the players is the moral here. We know what's good for the game, and we're noticing the problem already. And some are already thinking of leaving because of this.

There needs to be a change.

Way too soon to jump to conclusions. Unfortunately, for a change like this, gonna need to wait at least 1 month to even start to see the full impact.
It's better to have less GP overall. No one needs to have 2B spirit shards.

• Like 2

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

I completely agree with everything in this post +1, and reason I say this because its only been 1 day since the gold reduction/removal and since then majority of items already took a loss on top of ancient invention coming out- no gold flow isn't good the economy not only for regular accounts but it effects ironman also.

• Founder

Afking zilyana for hours sure was real good for the economy, people running around with billions of spirit shards.

All monsters having a purpose? No. Nobody did cows for GP, nobody did rock crabs for GP, they did the best methods possible.

You now have to actually pay attention to the game if you want raw gp coming in, or you know, utilise other methods that help with coin income!

And as for 'items crashing', only visually, the item worth remains the same just in lower numbers.

Oh and don't even start with the 'people already thinking of quitting', that bs happens every time something they've been doing over and over, taking advantage of, getting changed. It's just how people are - greedy.

The change NEEDED to be done, better late than never.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

how about new players though? if nothing drops gp how can they get cash flow? there will be little to no cash flow.   no disrespect on your post i get it, but ive never seen anyone complain about the cash drops ever, item drops maybe cash drops negative.  and @winters comments, how can you even say that when you urself have that kind of cash just laying around. also dont bs everyone we all know you do. so we just what take ur money away and what are you left with? give me a break. im all for the longevity of this server i just disagree with the change but what do i know? im  just 1 person of the community. again no disrespect.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, big log dog said:

how about new players though? if nothing drops gp how can they get cash flow? there will be little to no cash flow.   no disrespect on your post i get it, but ive never seen anyone complain about the cash drops ever, item drops maybe cash drops negative.  and @winters comments, how can you even say that when you urself have that kind of cash just laying around. also dont bs everyone we all know you do. so we just what take ur money away and what are you left with? give me a break. im all for the longevity of this server i just disagree with the change but what do i know? im  just 1 person of the community. again no disrespect.

What would you have done to fix the issue, you are offering no alternative. 

Should bosses just keep getting buffed and buffed until new people can no longer effectively get some teir70 gear because it is being over farmed by people in max gear for petty coin drops? I keep seeing Hamderhans saying it was 4m an hour at Sara after rune costs, instance and what ever other costs, I'm taking his word for it because I didn't test it. So y'know, if you wants to say that's wrong you can go ahead and call him a liar. 

There is no longevity of a server that is full of people afking, there was a server that closed down because it was an afkscape and I wont mention the name because it's now relaunched hoping that they have fixed that issue, but it's something that we should learn from, not follow in it's footsteps. If you care about the community come up with some constructive ideas to resolve longer term issues.

I can come up with a few, that took me minimal effort that to think of but can still help with goldflow;

Increasing general store prices to 75% of high alch price (currently 50%).

The addition of slayer caskets/coin bags (as someone already suggestion) for some added bonus coins. 

Lowering of repair costs (when it becomes viable to do so).

Lowering of well of goodwill goal.

We've had a few price hikes over the last 8 months to try and combat cash flow into the eco and create bigger money sinks, it'd be nice to see them lowered once again once stability is assured. 

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

but again sprout as u said urself you cant put any input into  post at all since you, yourself have not tested it. zily to op? ok nerf it. dont nerf coin drops as a whole. and why would someone want  general  shops to be 75 instead of 50 we have auto alchers for that now. also stalls got nerfed now aswell but for  raw cash itself are now the number 1 for money to come into this game. since nothing  drops gp . slayer task?? nah 30% cash drops ive tested it along with a fair few ppl. hell you lose money from instance now. also if there is no gp what are you going to sell? rich will stay the same because somehow alot of the let say (older player base) knew about this update and started dumping there banks weeks before the update coincidence? i think not.  also at sprout im not sure what server you are talking about nor do i care but regardless of afk anything afk  always exists you, me no one can stop it.  hell even rs3 itself bases alot of its content around afkness of somethings, concusion did a few things need to get nerfed? sure  everything as  of coin wise i dont think so. but in good time yall will see how it effects the eco/ the player base/ cashflow/ peoples attitudes. its bound to come.

1 hour ago, big log dog said:

but again sprout as u said urself you cant put any input into  post at all since you, yourself have not tested it. zily to op? ok nerf it. dont nerf coin drops as a whole. and why would someone want  general  shops to be 75 instead of 50 we have auto alchers for that now. also stalls got nerfed now aswell but for  raw cash itself are now the number 1 for money to come into this game. since nothing  drops gp . slayer task?? nah 30% cash drops ive tested it along with a fair few ppl. hell you lose money from instance now. also if there is no gp what are you going to sell? rich will stay the same because somehow alot of the let say (older player base) knew about this update and started dumping there banks weeks before the update coincidence? i think not.  also at sprout im not sure what server you are talking about nor do i care but regardless of afk anything afk  always exists you, me no one can stop it.  hell even rs3 itself bases alot of its content around afkness of somethings, concusion did a few things need to get nerfed? sure  everything as  of coin wise i dont think so. but in good time yall will see how it effects the eco/ the player base/ cashflow/ peoples attitudes. its bound to come.

I never said it was op, not once so please don't put words in my mouth. I'm just going off information that has been publicly provided. If you have better information on how much people were getting then do post, and I'll be more than happy to take it into account, just telling me I have no idea when I am getting the information with the person with the top amount of kills is how statistics work, stop using the fact that I didn't afk so have no idea as an excuse, either provide me with the correct information if it's wrong or shut the hell up in regards to it, it's becoming quite annoying and childish, you clearly have no other counter argument other that attempting to bully or intimidate people who are trying to have a genuine debate, if you just want to chat shit and have a one sided debate go back into your clan chat, if not continue reading. 

I don't believe the problem is coins at all, I've said it for a while that a longer term solution would have to be found rather than nerfing 1 npc at a time. The problem lays with how easy it was to gain coins via use of the coin collector, if that thing never existed people wouldn't be getting any cash because who would be picking up 20k cash piles after every kill, right? Multiple times the topic has come up in-game, discord and the forums in-regards to this, people had the chance to offer suggestions but it was always met with drama (most recent drama) and again, nerfing one boss or buffing it's damage had no effect in the past, people just move to a new spot. The server that had the similar issue was the one in this link, they are the closest server type to Velheim and had the same issue, they ended up closing down, resetting the eco and making a whole ton of changes to avoid being afk-scape again(not sure if they still have the post up saying why they closed but if it is, it's worth a read. It's basically exactly what's happening here), I'm sure people from there just came here and did the same thing which is about the same time all these afk nonsense kicked off, I don't want the future of Velheim to be anything like that where in a years time those 50k boss kills become 500k boss kills, this should not just an idle game that you leave running in the background and check once an hour. 

All that has been displayed here is that the previous attempts in order to halt the afking had no effect, no one cared. This has stirred up a storm, which means it's finally had a direct impact on the said community it was intended to. It should be monitored over the next coming weeks to see if adjustments, as for my suggestions for alternative gold supplies. As for Auto alching I did forget this was added but at the cost of using charges, runes and them only alching 600 items a day, they have never appealed to me, unless you intend on being away on rs3 for an extended period of item I never use them, it'll be the same on Velheim. So I was just throwing out some alternatives that would work faster, perhaps increasing the gold amount from the Alchemiser may be an option so you can sell the low gp goods to general store and use the slightly higher end alchables in your Alchemiser for extra profit that would also balance out the cost of the divine charge usage, but again I'm just spit-balling it here, I'll come up with some real viable suggestions that I take the time to research to make sure they don't conflict with other things and throw them into a suggestion thread at some point.

1 hour ago, big log dog said:

rich will stay the same because somehow alot of the let say (older player base) knew about this update and started dumping there banks weeks before the update coincidence? 

As for that part, I'd be lying if I said I have not noticed this is the past also (mainly when spin promotions are incoming and vote books are bought out early). Where ever they get there information from, I want in ._. 

• Like 3

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png