Locked The GP Nerf.

sterling

all im saying is  who complained about gp? prices were at a point where they were high but not unreachable did some take the gold farming to far maybe but i never heard anyone in fc, global, or anyone in my cc about gold having to much or little. that also noted im not much of a forums person so idk about forums talk. also remember this is a rsps not supposed to sit and take weeks, months, to earn stuff if thats the case we all go back to rs3 or osrs.  rsps's are an accelerated way of playing runescape. maybe the coin caskets would be a good idea but thats not rs3 related. sand is sticking to the theme here. also there is no drama in my cc its a friendly cc that is open to all for help  bossing/event/giveaways weakly. #dramafreezone

• Love 1

5 hours ago, big log dog said:

rich will stay the same because somehow alot of the let say (older player base) knew about this update and started dumping there banks weeks before the update coincidence? i think not. 

This sounds like you're questioning the integrity of the staff team and how we run things by misunderstanding that all it takes is a little foresight to see that changes were going to be made because AFK gold farming was becoming more and more of an issue.

I would reply to your statement with a blanket reply, but Sprout has covered pretty much every basis that I would've, so instead I'm going to adapt a different approach: understanding.

I believe, personally, that those who oppose this idea, while allowed to have opinions, aren't giving the update enough time to settle and adjust. Item values will drop because coin value is going to be reduced, meaning, as Sandstorm himself said, the item values are going to remain the same. Money methods are going to adapt and change, yes, but people AFKing for money without putting effort for their reward isn't how we want this game to operate. We've attempted to be as fair and balanced as possible when it came to discussing this update, because we want to create a challenging, engaging experience where your accomplishments actually mean something. And as an example, in my opinion, finishing Masterwork / Earth and Song grind are much, much more personally fulfilling than obtaining your first tier-92 because you actually have to put effort into the creation, which translates into real progress that you can see as it develops. I think that making money should operate the same way.

Like Sandstorm said, this update was necessary. It'll just take time to settle.

• Like 3
Spoiler

j36pvJj.png
lNpArm5.pngunknown.pngYISNFhw.png

image.png

fun numbers for those who care.

zilyana gave me 18m coin drops ea hour

coin drops were halved

zilyana gave me 9m coin drops ea hour

i was using mage which have a upkeep at around 7m pr hour 

so after the first coin nerf i made 2m coins pr hour (not counting repair costs and divine charges

if me making 2m pr hour afking zilyana offended people fair enough stop naming me every where (sprout) 

having big kcs annoy some people? ok i cant rly say much to that lol. 

• Thanks 1

• Founder
7 hours ago, hamderhans said:

f me making 2m pr hour afking zilyana offended people fair enough stop naming me every where (sprout)

It's not about you, it never has been about you. It's about the whole community in general, everyone who has played for at least a week knew the best way to make coins is by afk'ing with either in instances, or aggression potions.

Afking a boss shouldn't net raw gp, it should bring in items, which it currently does. Magic upkeep too much? Switch to a different style.

There's so many alternatives to making money but people got so used to EASY gp that they're now throwing tandrums.

Making compulsive judgements about how everything is/will be bad a few days in the update is not constructive one single bit, we'll only be able to see it in a few weeks once it settles, after which, if needed, I'll make the adjustements to it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

18 hours ago, big log dog said:

how about new players though? if nothing drops gp how can they get cash flow? there will be little to no cash flow.   no disrespect on your post i get it, but ive never seen anyone complain about the cash drops ever, item drops maybe cash drops negative.  and @winters comments, how can you even say that when you urself have that kind of cash just laying around. also dont bs everyone we all know you do. so we just what take ur money away and what are you left with? give me a break. im all for the longevity of this server i just disagree with the change but what do i know? im  just 1 person of the community. again no disrespect.

Dude I don't even have 2b cash lol. Wealth me when I'm online. 

I'm probably the POOREST o.g. player liquid wise. 

I'm pretty transparent when it comes to this stuff. I legit got a rare set, gave away all my duplicates and all my cash & hundreds of bonds lol. 

I got no business trying to be the richest player or anything similar.

It's just not me. 

O other than top donator I'll keep that until someone usurps me :3

• Love 1

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

I'm genuinely curious about the numbers of the actual gold income from a certain npc prior to the nerf. If anything thieving stall was an issue, Bruce Wayne himself just said he made 2b in 2 days of thieving. I can tell you i did not make more than 20m pure gold/hr pvming.

https://i.imgur.com/y6Gx5xS.png

context: i mentioned bruce wayne making 2b in 1 week of thieving then he corrected me to 2 days.

Next point; there was already a gp nerf prior to this complete nerf. that nerf didn't even last like 7 days, yet we can't take conclusions about this nerf like couple days after it happened?

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 7:08 AM, Yggdrasil said:

This sounds like you're questioning the integrity of the staff team and how we run things by misunderstanding that all it takes is a little foresight to see that changes were going to be made because AFK gold farming was becoming more and more of an issue.

I would reply to your statement with a blanket reply, but Sprout has covered pretty much every basis that I would've, so instead I'm going to adapt a different approach: understanding.

I believe, personally, that those who oppose this idea, while allowed to have opinions, aren't giving the update enough time to settle and adjust. Item values will drop because coin value is going to be reduced, meaning, as Sandstorm himself said, the item values are going to remain the same. Money methods are going to adapt and change, yes, but people AFKing for money without putting effort for their reward isn't how we want this game to operate. We've attempted to be as fair and balanced as possible when it came to discussing this update, because we want to create a challenging, engaging experience where your accomplishments actually mean something. And as an example, in my opinion, finishing Masterwork / Earth and Song grind are much, much more personally fulfilling than obtaining your first tier-92 because you actually have to put effort into the creation, which translates into real progress that you can see as it develops. I think that making money should operate the same way.

Like Sandstorm said, this update was necessary. It'll just take time to settle.

"I believe, personally, that those who oppose this idea, while allowed to have opinions, aren't giving the update enough time to settle and adjust." The prior nerf, where gp income from stuff like GWD was nerfed, was like 2 weeks prior. I'm not attacking anyone but, if 2 weeks time is enough to see an eco settle and adjust, i'm surprised.

More than anything thieving is still meta gp/hr. prior and after nerf. The issue was never pvm or people afking. People just complained about it because they saw insanely high KCs, which I believe is not a fair assumption. To this day I still hear people using the argument that zily was the issue, whilst most of them have <100 kc in zily.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 5/17/2021 at 11:28 PM, big log dog said:

no disrespect on your post i get it, but ive never seen anyone complain about the cash drops ever

You're either the most forgetful person alive, or you're just lying to further whatever agenda that benefits you the most. Just a few days ago, you, me and others discussed it in another thread. Don't say you've never heard people complaining when you were just arguing in a thread that was complaining about it.

On 5/17/2021 at 10:36 PM, hamderhans said:

Coin drops wasnt a problem before, but removing it added a massive problem support

Yes it was, and you know it. Its been one of the most discussed topics, which you've even taken part in. 

On 5/18/2021 at 4:52 AM, big log dog said:

also remember this is a rsps not supposed to sit and take weeks, months, to earn stuff

Ofc you should need to work/grind for certain things. Just because its an rsps doesnt mean you should be able to get everything you want with minimal effort. I currently have over 400 hours on the server and I keep playing on it because grinding for something and finally reaching my goal feels rewarding, also, I can't think of a single thing that takes more than a week to get anyways, other than "get x amount of exp" ofc.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:40 AM, hamderhans said:

zilyana gave me 18m coin drops ea hour

18m times two, for two accounts, is 36m. Lets say you kill her with melee, to avoid rune cost and subtract the upkeep cost, you end up with ca 30m/hr.

Being able to just collect 30m/h with no work every hour is a huge problem and a big part of why this nerf happened.

This is also ignoring the drops, which would easily double how much you earn per hour. 

4 hours ago, F F S said:

I'm genuinely curious about the numbers of the actual gold income from a certain npc prior to the nerf. If anything thieving stall was an issue, Bruce Wayne himself just said he made 2b in 2 days of thieving. I can tell you i did not make more than 20m pure gold/hr pvming.

If you're bossing then you'll make a lot more than 20m/hr.

Lets say that what Bruce said is true, 2b in 2 days. That would take him 40 hours of intense playing without messing up/taking a break, assuming it was 50m/h for thieving. 20 hours if he played on two accounts, which would require even more effort and attention, or 13,3 hours, if he played on 3 accounts at the same time, which I doubt. I dont believe he made 2B in two days. I atleast wouldnt bother to put that much effort into it, but lets say he did. 

Imo, making 30-40m/hr afking on one account with no input/effort is worse for the game than being able to make 50m/h if you're actively playing nonstop.

PS: Sorry in advance for all the spelling/grammatical errors in this post. Learned from the past that putting more than the minimal effort needed into responding to certain people just isnt worth it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lets say that what Bruce said is true, 2b in 2 days. That would take him 40 hours of intense playing without messing up/taking a break, assuming it was 50m/h for thieving. 20 hours if he played on two accounts, which would require even more effort and attention, or 13,3 hours, if he played on 3 accounts at the same time, which I doubt. I dont believe he made 2B in two days. I atleast wouldnt bother to put that much effort into it, but lets say he did. 

Imo, making 30-40m/hr afking on one account with no input/effort is worse for the game than being able to make 50m/h if you're actively playing nonstop.

PS: Sorry in advance for all the spelling/grammatical errors in this post. Learned from the past that putting more than the minimal effort needed into responding to certain people just isnt worth it.

like f f s said the numbers ur hanging on to was allrdy nerfed before this post and the numbers ur naming aint the profit its the drops so i will help you 

we compare 80-100m theiving pr hour on 2 accounts or 4m profit afking a boss for a hour on 2 coounts 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sondrealt said:

You're either the most forgetful person alive, or you're just lying to further whatever agenda that benefits you the most. Just a few days ago, you, me and others discussed it in another thread. Don't say you've never heard people complaining when you were just arguing in a thread that was complaining about it.

Yes it was, and you know it. Its been one of the most discussed topics, which you've even taken part in. 

Ofc you should need to work/grind for certain things. Just because its an rsps doesnt mean you should be able to get everything you want with minimal effort. I currently have over 400 hours on the server and I keep playing on it because grinding for something and finally reaching my goal feels rewarding, also, I can't think of a single thing that takes more than a week to get anyways, other than "get x amount of exp" ofc.

18m times two, for two accounts, is 36m. Lets say you kill her with melee, to avoid rune cost and subtract the upkeep cost, you end up with ca 30m/hr.

Being able to just collect 30m/h with no work every hour is a huge problem and a big part of why this nerf happened.

This is also ignoring the drops, which would easily double how much you earn per hour. 

19 hours ago, Sondrealt said:

I don't know why you're taking in account items when this thread is specifically about gold income.

second of all, if you think thieving was effort, I can guarantee you there were autoclickers that never have been caught. Which is probably also one of the reasons why the anti-macro is ingame now.

Thieving was and is the biggest issue and now it is even more than it's been before if you know where to thieve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F F S said:

I don't know why you're taking in account items when this thread is specifically about gold income.

Not really doing that though. As I said, I was ignoring item drops, but just quickly mentioned that it would double overall profits at the end.

1 hour ago, F F S said:

second of all, if you think thieving was effort, I can guarantee you there were autoclickers that never have been caught. Which is probably also one of the reasons why the anti-macro is ingame now.

Effort as in you would need to be activiely playing the entire time. Active play should always give higher rewards than afking. Also, the whole autoclicker thing is completely different issue that should be addressed seperately. Not saying you said this, but just because another problem might be bigger, doesnt mean this one should be ignored.

Havent played too much the last few days, but hasnt thieving also received a huge nerf (like 80% nerf in gp) just like the coin drops? 

• Like 1