Locked King Of The Skill - 4,100$ prize pool!

KOTS.gif~Come one, come all! The Velheim Team would like to officially introduce you to our largest in-game event yet, King Of The Skill!~

THE FIRST KING OF THE SKILL HAS NOW CONCLUDED!

Where, and when?

This event takes place in-game - you can find the downloads to our varied clients here.

It begins on 18/06/2021 at 8PM server time, and concludes at the same time on 03/07/2021.

How the event works

All users participating must create new accounts with a specified gamemode in order to compete in this event. Similar to RuneScape Leagues, this event will pit you against other players, competing for the highest total level and experience. These accounts will have restricted access to our game; they will not be allowed to interact with accounts that are not participating in the event, meaning you're not allowed any outside help. These accounts have a 5x experience modifier as well as a 0% drop-rate increase. All statistics will be able to be tracked via the use of our official Velheim hiscores.

The event will run for a total of two weeks, but extensions may apply in the event of server issues, at which point the event will be extended subject to the amount of downtime that the server experienced

Event Rules and Regulations

1 - You must follow all of the Velheim rules found here.

2 - You're not allowed to abuse exploits to get further ahead in the event (for example, bugs that you discover.) Those found breaching this rule will have their account removed from the competition and permanently banned.

3 - You will not be able to interact with other players (Ironman restrictions apply).

4 - Mystery Boxes, Squeal of Fortune and Grand Exchange will be disabled.

5 - After the event concludes, your account will be reverted to regular ironmen.

6 - Account sharing is strictly forbidden. If caught, both perpetrators (or however many abuse this) will be permanently banned from the game.

7 - If players gain the maximum amount of experience possible in all skills - the winners will be determined by their prestige levels (and total final EXP in case of same prestige/total levels).

8 - All store purchases (donations) will be disabled to level the playing field for all players. However, bonds (and game perks) will still be available to obtain via in-game methods.

9 - Donation transfers will not be available for the new gamemode accounts. This also includes perk gifting through the game perks interface as well as gifting bonds!

Prizes

(The first three winners will receive an exclusive 'King of the Skill' title in-game as well as the exclusive Treborn pet. These rewards will be put on the winners main account of choice.)

First Place - $2,000 USD or Velheim Coins

Second Place - $1,000 USD or Velheim Coins

Third Place - $500 USD or Velheim Coins

Achievement Rewards

Most Boss Pets - $150 USD or Velheim Coins

Most Skilling Pets - $150 USD or Velheim Coins

Most Unique Items in Collection Log - $150 USD or Velheim Coins

Most Wealth Accumulated - $150 USD or Velheim Coins

Edits:

• The event ends on 3rd of July, 8PM server time (extended due to early server issues)
  • King of the Skill game-mode accounts will be reverted to regular Ironman; from there players will be able to de-iron and choose either Novice or Regular mode if they wish to do so
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
Spoiler

j36pvJj.png
lNpArm5.pngunknown.pngYISNFhw.png

image.png

$2,000 USD?

Now all of china knows you're here.

Yall can knock a 0 off tho.

Also, already seeing issues with 
"Most Unique Items in Collection Log - $150 USD or Velheim Coins"
That'll probably cause arguments, I'd probs just remove that.

Nvm, thinking over it again, you guys probably meant most Individual collected items in collectors logs including clues/boss drops/slayers npcs/etc. rather than "the coolest drop".

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

• Founder
3 minutes ago, Fulltimewife said:

Is the title/pet transferable to your main or locked to the account you won on? 

The unique rewards will be given to the winners account of choice, aka their main account

6 minutes ago, Winter Revel said:

Also, already seeing issues with 
"Most Unique Items in Collection Log - $150 USD or Velheim Coins"
That'll probably cause arguments, I'd probs just remove that.

Everything will be tracked externally by the system, there's no possible way of cheating.

• Like 3
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

1 minute ago, Sandstorm said:

The unique rewards will be given to the winners account of choice, aka their main account

Everything will be tracked externally by the system, there's no possible way of cheating.

Yeah I struck-through my comment. I misinterpreted it the first time I'd read it. I'm forwarding this to some sweaty ppl.

• Like 2

zmPWMz7.gif

mWjTLIp.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

• Sandstorm changed the title to King Of The Skill - 4,100$ prize pool!

This sounds fun. However, will these accounts be able to be donated on for coins to buy perks or to get access to donation zones? I know there is no squeal or mystery boxes, but nothing was stated about velheim coins. Just wanted to check if this will be a truly even playing field or if people will be able to get an advantage by buying perks.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Exis said:

This sounds fun. However, will these accounts be able to be donated on for coins to buy perks or to get access to donation zones? I know there is no squeal or mystery boxes, but nothing was stated about velheim coins. Just wanted to check if this will be a truly even playing field or if people will be able to get an advantage by buying perks.

Apparently under discussion within the Staff team. No matter what I'm positive everything will be very attainable. (Even if its like $5 worth of perks that you may be able to buy, its like getting a $5 lotto ticket for a chance at $2,000 that you can actually influence the outcome of). We'll see what they come up with. They're still fleshing out the greater details. 

• Like 1

zmPWMz7.gif

mWjTLIp.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

• Founder
Just now, Exis said:

Still debating on that one, most likely all purchases will be disabled though. Will update the thread after me and my collegues get to talk about the nuances and whatnot!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif