Locked Invention Perks

This topic just serves as a pre-ample for a suggestion I will be making later down the line, just for now, I'd like to get peoples thoughts & opinions on it before making it an actual suggestion 

Everything in it is just my thoughts without much structure, so forgive the lack of effort on some stuff (like flanking), I just wanted the logic on paper before doing some research 

Weapon Perks:

Precise: It's fucked, scaling bad Apparently this is potentially false, but I need to re-farm a Precise 6 to check it 
Equilibrium: See above
Flanking: Add this into the game, some dumb shit like 3% more damage per rank if you're behind the target
Aftershock: Update the tooltip, it's wrong :(
Planted Feet: Reduce the wind-up time, 10 seconds is only really useful for afking as opposed to mindful PvM, making E2 more wanted over PF, despite PF being better numerically, but its use case just isn't there, maybe add the ability to retain the buff after swapping off the weapon so you can have a PF swap (kinda sweaty, but yolo)
Caroming: This is like, the biggest problem the game has at the moment with regards of perks, Caroming is just, busted, suggestions:
Caroming for Bows: Reduce the chance from 3% to 1.5%. 12% at rank 4 is disgusting, given how much damage we do at the moment, 12% to fire a 100% arrow, then 12% to fire a 69% damage arrow is really, really powerful
Caroming for Crossbows: Firing a second bolt doesn't really help crossbows as the main selling point is the proc's themselves, so my suggestion would be this:

x% per Rank (unsure about numbers) as an additional chance to proc the bolt itself, so Caroming 4 would have +y% to Proc any bolts fired from the crossbow, (this can stack with seers diary later on) 

Armour Perks:

(Enhanced) Devoted: SS Big, would hurt new players, tread lightly
Invigorating: Please fix :)
Energising: I believe this is broken, double check please :)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fulltimewife said:

Precise: It's fucked, scaling bad Apparently this is potentially false, but I need to re-farm a Precise 6 to check it 

My experience has been, precise functions as intended aside from P6, IDK what the actual % of P6 is but it feels like 1%.

Caroming for Crossbows: Firing a second bolt doesn't really help crossbows as the main selling point is the proc's themselves, so my suggestion would be this:
x% per Rank (unsure about numbers) as an additional chance to proc the bolt itself, so Caroming 4 would have +y% to Proc any bolts fired from the crossbow, (this can stack with seers diary later on) 

Making a perk function different by weapon type might be difficult, I don't know if an example of this exists -- maybe just ensure that the 'extra bolts' have a chance to proc effects, although that might be too big of a buff.

Everything else, I agree with.

Outside of that I think a comprehensive invention suggestion list should include an update to the tips in the invention interface, as they are not correct. Eg, it'll say something like (P2-P5) possible, but give P1. This issue is even worse with ancient invention materials, 9x Historic comps is intended to be an easy P5 or P6.. What you get is a bunch of random perks, with any rank precise being few and far between.

meannn.gif.cdf69de9c2c7d6f57de8f822ac2c9565.gif

17 minutes ago, Mean said:

My experience has been, precise functions as intended aside from P6, IDK what the actual % of P6 is but it feels like 1%.

Your experience has been recent or untested, I have tested precise multiple times in the past & it had always been a +11 min hit increase, after testing today, my min hit is far, far above a +11 with a precise 6.

20 minutes ago, Mean said:

Making a perk function different by weapon type might be difficult, I don't know if an example of this exists -- maybe just ensure that the 'extra bolts' have a chance to proc effects, although that might be too big of a buff.

It is possible, the seers diary allows this exact thing to happen, all he'd had to do is take that exact same logic & put it on a perk rather than a perma unlock from diaries 

20 minutes ago, Mean said:

Outside of that I think a comprehensive invention suggestion list should include an update to the tips in the invention interface, as they are not correct. Eg, it'll say something like (P2-P5) possible, but give P1. This issue is even worse with ancient invention materials, 9x Historic comps is intended to be an easy P5 or P6.. What you get is a bunch of random perks, with any rank precise being few and far between.

I don't care for UI all too much, so long as it works, so I won't really make a suggestion/thread on it, so long as I can put my components in, eh, I don't ask for anything past that, I can use my topic as a median to store someone elses suggestion, but I won't make it myself

• Like 1

As I mentioned to ya on Discord,

I don't think anything should be changed yet, till we have a full Sales pitch for rebalancing of Damage at its most basic levels. Doing any changes before that point is just taking away from the Fun people are having right now for... nothing really. Everyone is pretty much Ironman mode. 

Things that will need to be looked at:

2h V.S. Dual Wield; I have multiple methods to really give people a reason to use both btw, but not revealing at the moment. No it's not this server's previous '4taa' which was actually not intended and was just wonky. 
Multipliers on Invention perks, and God books. Also will need to anticipate the arival of Grimoire from Solak. 
Bringing down damage overall. Would be nice as well if the damage we were doing in PvM was more translatable to PvP(read as transparency).  This would also help to future proof future PvP updates - which more than likely could/would happen down the line, as the desire for a Legacy Mode PvP server is actually present, even though it's under the radar. Ultimately getting the server PvP ready would be best from a Profit perspective for Sand(He didn't say this; I'm saying it.), although its not currently a priority. 

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

12 hours ago, Winter Revel said:

I don't think anything should be changed yet, till we have a full Sales pitch for rebalancing of Damage at its most basic levels. Doing any changes before that point is just taking away from the Fun people are having right now for... nothing really. Everyone is pretty much Ironman mode. 

The problem is, in its current format, we do way, way too much damage  & too many sources of having additional chances to hit that max cape without much effort, the current "1,500" hitcap vs bosses is so pitifully easy to hit, even without really trying you can obtain a max far above that, and a min only a couple hundred away which just translates to every pvm scenario just being SS & AFK, you kill stuff before they kill you and you heal up any minor damage you take which leads to, very boring & stale pvm at the moment.

Further on that, I believe the existence of the ECB & the current Caroming perk, if Caroming is ported to crossbows, 12% to fire an additional bolt, on both bolts, is stupid powerful given how much damage a bolt proc can do, which will just be another source of hitcap, which leads to even quicker kills & less dangerous pvm because you quite literally, cannot die.

Sure, we may get a combat rework, but when? 6 months from now? when we get solak? or aod? where we'd actually need prayers & not just ooga booga soulsplit.

But what about until then? just play the current stale pvm meta of SS & afk? 

6 hours ago, Fulltimewife said:

The problem is, in its current format, we do way, way too much damage  & too many sources of having additional chances to hit that max cape without much effort, the current "1,500" hitcap vs bosses is so pitifully easy to hit, even without really trying you can obtain a max far above that, and a min only a couple hundred away which just translates to every pvm scenario just being SS & AFK, you kill stuff before they kill you and you heal up any minor damage you take which leads to, very boring & stale pvm at the moment.

Further on that, I believe the existence of the ECB & the current Caroming perk, if Caroming is ported to crossbows, 12% to fire an additional bolt, on both bolts, is stupid powerful given how much damage a bolt proc can do, which will just be another source of hitcap, which leads to even quicker kills & less dangerous pvm because you quite literally, cannot die.

Sure, we may get a combat rework, but when? 6 months from now? when we get solak? or aod? where we'd actually need prayers & not just ooga booga soulsplit.

But what about until then? just play the current stale pvm meta of SS & afk? 

Yes, do that until then. Caroming won't be ported to crossbows anyway. The entire point was for it to be specifically for bows. 
Pretty clearly no one else is gonna do it other than myself so will have to just wait lol. 

Sand might bandaid more stuff so ppl can stop Q.Qing for a week, but what would be the point really. That's why I'm just trying to knock everything out at once. Gonna take a ton of time tho.

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png