Locked Data pruning

Sandstorm

• Founder

Howdy!

As a little reminder for those who may have forgotten or are not yet aware; I'll be pruning (deleting) all hiscores data on 1st of January. For your name to re-appear on the page, simply login in-game and your name will be there!

Also.. I'd like to announce that I'll be deleting character files that have not been active for the past 6 months. Why? Because there are A LOT of character names that are taken but not being used. Newer people might make good use of them :)

And on an ending note..  I would like to wish you a happy new year, and for all your desires and goals to come true! I truly believe 2019 will be a good year.

The Staff Team

• Like 3
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

I'd login to save my name but my account is MAC-protected and seeing as I'm on a different computer in a completely different location as I was living it's impossible. Should consider a way to remove MAC protection somehow.

One possible way could include a discord command from the account that's linked to the in-game account. Or a one-time recovery code of numbers/letters that's given when you MAC protect your account and you enter that combination on the Discord. (Example: ;;macunlock johndoe 8h7yf41p9) A new code is generated next time the account is MAC protected.

Also, what steps are being taken for those players whose accounts are being pruned? Account login information shouldn't be pruned. Just reintroduce display name changes and free up the username. Make people whose names were removed be able to pick a new name so in some situation they do decide to come back, all their progress will still be there.

Edited by Effy

I'd login to save my name but my account is MAC-protected and seeing as I'm on a different computer in a completely different location as I was living it's impossible. Should consider a way to remove MAC protection somehow.

One possible way could include a discord command from the account that's linked to the in-game account. Or a one-time recovery code of numbers/letters that's given when you MAC protect your account and you enter that combination on the Discord. (Example: ;;macunlock johndoe 8h7yf41p9) A new code is generated next time the account is MAC protected.

Also, what steps are being taken for those players whose accounts are being pruned? Account login information shouldn't be pruned. Just reintroduce display name changes and free up the username. Make people whose names were removed be able to pick a new name so in some situation they do decide to come back, all their progress will still be there.

I 100% do not support this if people really cared they would have stayed and not just got up in left without saying anything to anyone. The fact is players and even you did what was just stated so in my honest opinion I don't support this idea.

I 100% do not support this if people really cared they would have stayed and not just got up in left without saying anything to anyone. The fact is players and even you did what was just stated so in my honest opinion I don't support this idea.

Are you saying I shouldn't of had to move because of a hurricane and sell my belongings just to find a place to live?

We understand your frustration, but putting it out here..? Out of all people, you should know better.

My post was relevant to the topic. Inactive accounts are being deleted and removed from hiscore. I cannot log into mine for reasons previously known to the community (It was posted on the forum mid October). Is that the response I should've gotten from someone when I bring up an issue that you could improve upon? Basically "Hey you up and left don't come back" when that was hardly the case.