Locked A skillers guide to 'combat-skilling'ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ [HCIM/IM Friendly]

Sun

Do not panic! I am not going to tell you how to train attack  :attack:  and all that shabaz.

BUT I am going to teach you how to train Dungeoneering and Slayer as a combat 3 and for it to be safe for [HCIM IM]

Before even thinking about starting any combat related skilling, make sure to turn off your combat XP...

In the skills tab click any of the combat skills:

:constitution: Constitution/Hitpoints
:attack: Attack

:strength: Strength

:defence: Defence

:ranged: Ranged

:prayer: Prayer

:magic: Magic

:summoning: Summoning

Then a menu will pop-up and simply click on 

Experience Lock [currently: Locked]

If it looks like that ! :lol: CONGRATS :lol: ! You will no longer get XP in combat (within reason...) There have been times where this can be override so be careful - such as holiday events, lamps, stars from Squeal of Fortune still adding bonus xp.

:dungeoneering: Dungeoneering  :dungeoneering:

Ironically, Dungoneering is one of the 'easiest' skills to train on a Level 3 just motivation to train this skill. 

Recommended strategy:

Like any skill, perks, lamps, bonus xp stars help greatly, Dungoneering is no exception. The only downside to Dungeoneering is that there are no Dailies for it.

If you can spare $0.50 every now and then for 10,000 dungeoneering tokens you could save yourself a whole host of time since 1 dungeon token = 10xp for $0.50 worth = 100,000xp.

But some of you may not have that kind of money to be spending $1000 to get 200m Dungeoneering. 

A perk I would recommend MORE would be the Dungeon Deamon ($15/1500 Velheim Coins, only 500 votes!) - Allowing you to never pick up a key again and able to complete floors with ease since every door (except challenge/puzzle doors) are open automatically. 

Either way, this perk makes Dungeoneering a landslide easier to the extent you can complete Dung floors with only opening the first door  :wub:

Starting off :cheer: 

Complete the 'tutorial' for Dungeoneering which usually requires completing one of each floor complexity, in none Runescape jargon, one of each floor difficulty Complexity 1-6. 

Since you are combat 3, all the NPCs you fight will be combat 1, easy. 1-hit kills throughout the Dungeon, so if you are a new player and thinking about combat, why not do Dung first and abuse the combat  :D

The main goal for dungeoneering is to head to the boss door, open as many doors as you like until you reach it 

You will get to a stage when you get this message: 

'The next floor is not available at your Dungeoneering level. Consider resetting your progress to gain best ongoing rate of xp'

This is when you should exit the dungeon and reset your prestige...reason for that will be explained below. 

Maximising XP as a skiller :kiss: 

Prestige: When you have gone to the highest floor you can at your level, exit the dungeon you are on. Click the  Ring of Kingship/Party Organiser icon and then there will be a reset button, reset this - this opens up for you to reset your floors back to 1 and allows you to have more xp per floor. 

Binding: As you get higher in Dung level, this allows you to bind (right clicking) items. So when you start a new floor, these items will be saved. 

Items of Choice:

Novite Armor (Platebody and Legs) obtained from C(omplexity)1 floors - best defence stats again all NPCs, plus helps prevent the 1-bat Rangers in the dung  :madpepe:

Novite Dagger (p++) obtained from random NPCs in Dungeoneering (rng based) - useful for some buggy bosses to poison them and kill them easily such as Kal'Ger the Warmonger requiring 113 Dungeoneering, appears within floors 57 through 60

Novite Off-Hand Rapier obtained from Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter - He can be found on the Furnished floors, ranging from floors 18 to 29.

Rushing: Best way to get xp is to rush through the floors, keep the difficulty at C1 and forget all NPCs unless grinding for items and only focus on getting to the boss. This has seemed to be the best way to collect both tokens and points. 

XP Bonus: Since we do not need tokens for chaotics or items since perks are better than dung rewards, I personally used my tokens on XP. Best way to level up especially post 99, is to grind floors until you get enough tokens to boost to the next level. This made it seem less of a grind and rushing more floors quicker. 

E.g. Level 118 - 119 needing 8,148,589 more xp until level. Grind floors which will reduce that anyway then try to aim for 814,590 tokens which becomes really easy as you start smashing floor after floor. When you have enough to level, leave and level up, rinse & repeat. 

:slayer:  Slayer  :slayer:

If you have the balls, patience or just want to aim at getting the slayer pet as a level 3, feel free to keep getting tasks from Taverly and killing Cows/Spiders/Goblins. But, be careful as Ice-fiends is near impossible to complete since there are no safespots and they hit hellllla-high

Overwise the only viable option is...

Recommended strategy :guitar: :

To train Slayer effectively I would suggest use every lamp you can grab from Squeal of Fortune and make it a passive skill to train. Again the downside to slayer, there are no Dailies for it.

If you can spare $1 (5 Spins or $100 for 560 spins) then feel free to grinding 99/120/200m Slayer XP. 

But the downside is knowing your RNG from Squeal of Fortune. 

A perk I would recommend MORE would be the Double Squeal of Fortune Spins Perk ($10/1000 Velheim Coins, only 334 votes!) - Allowing you to double every spin you get. So from voting books double, instead of 2 spins at ;;cst you get 4, same with Dailies, same with ;;ett

Maximising XP as a skiller :headbang: 

Having a high level in MINING (90+)  :mining: is a MUST this means you can quickly teleport to Crashed Star Teleport (;;cst) and try to tag all the rocks form size 1-9 quickly for 1) Some easy Mining XP but.... 2) 2 Free Squeal of Fortune Spins - or 4 with perk! This also provides Astral Rune, Cosmic Runes, Gold Ore and a chunky amount of coins too.

A high WOODCUTTING level (90+)  :woodcutting: and FARMING (42+)  :farming:  [Firemaking 90+  :firemaking: if you want free FM XP] both which will allow you to chop all trees up to Evil Elder at Evil Tree Teleport (;;ett). You MUST chop down the tree and claim the reward in order to getting the free 2 spins - 4 with perk! Plus side this allows for free tree seeds, high level herb seeds, really good for money making too and easy Woodcutting/Farming and Firemaking XP

Doing daily challenges, every day you get a random daily task, from any skilling skills from fishing to smithing, to firemaking, to crafting. DO THEM, no matter the task do it. Some tasks are near impossible to complete, I am looking at you Herblore  :herblore: and Crafting  :crafting:. For me, I try to complete the task first thing before doing anything else on Velheim. 

Then when you complete the challenge hand it in at Burnthorpe (;;home) and you will be reward with a random lamp from small -  huge depending on the difficulty of the challenge. It is recommended to have high stats so it means you will get better challenges, even better if you have 99 in all skills as then you can turn off challenges in certain stats *cough* Herblore  :herblore: and Crafting  :crafting: *cough* 

Otherwise, sadly there is no other great way to train Slayer as a skiller since well it is heavily more for combat. The only over method would be to keep pestering @Sandstorm to finally at Menaphos Scarabs mini-event and get the Slayer XP that way  :wub:

Good luck on the skills and add me ingame for more help and tips  :coolpepe: !!

Will add pictures later <3  :ph34r: 

• Like 5

★·.·´¯`·.·★ get your sᴡᴇᴀᴛ on ★·.·´¯`·.·★

• 52 years later...