Locked Magic Training Issue... MAJOR issue...

David98

So I got maxed stats in almost all of my combat stats except range and mage and I decided to train mage since it's so useful. I had 1 mage and put on all the starter items obtained in the beginning and went to Lumbridge to train on cows and chickens to start off. With the level 1 mage spells, it's nearly impossible to hit whatever you're trying to train on. Cows are low level as well as chickens and I kept getting 1 or 2 HP off of them per spell cast. I decided to train on men in Lumbridge but I got the same result. Moved onto LEVEL 1 DUCKS and STILL got the same result: no XP gain nor was I able to kill the duck easily like anyone normally would.

I forgot who was with me at the time to help me try to solve this issue, but if you're reading this then please testify that you witnessed this issue. After 50+ level 1 spells cast, I've only been able to achieve level 5 mage. 

Sands... please fix this... 

*I'll try to add in a video of what this looks like so everyone can get an idea of what I'm dealing with*

EDIT:

Also, mage XP is waaay to low for it to be worth getting 99. Maybe a buff on the mage XP earned? 

Hey did you possibly saradomin brew? It puts your magic level at 255/1-99, but it's actually a negative value so you can't hit.

No, I don't have any sara brews in my bank. I just had the normal starting gear and air staff. I made sure to check everything to get a + in my magic bonus. I bought a full mystic set but still, it's very low XP to get to 99. I'm now using a level 53 spell and I'm getting 600-1600 xp drops for high/max hits, and these hits are anywhere from 30-60 hp taken off. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not to necro this, but lots of people have been complaining about low level magic not doing damage. When I did it on my uim, I was doing max 10 damage with any strikes, and when I had full mystic and was using fire blast, my max hit was always sub 100. I started using blood barrage in the abyss when i could, and I never hit more than 250. In the same vein, I was using an elder shortbow and rune arrows at 65ish ranged and getting max hits of 430. Seems like magic currently doesnt have linear scaling of damage, and its more exponential with power armour and high level wands/staves at high levels.