Locked New Content

Sandstorm

Another poll... Great!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Dwarf Multicannon introduced? (Reply to this topic down below for ways of obtaining the cannon)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Neutral.
  2. 2. Should Velheim have another normal game-mode? Low EXP

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Neutral.
  3. 3. If the new mode is added, what would the EXP rate for it be?

• Base multiplier of x1 (original RS rate)
    • Base multiplier of x2
    • Base multiplier of x3
    • Base multiplier of x4
    • Base multiplier of x5
    • Base multiplier of x10
    • Base multiplier of x15
    • Base multiplier of x20
  4. 4. If the new mode is added, should it have a slight drop-rate boost?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Neutral.
  5. 5. If the new mode is added, should players have a special chat icon infront of their names?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Neutral.

New normal gamemode with lower XP would be sweet. Also cannon for tasks? Sure why not. 

Icon seems a bit strange. Rather than an icon you should just be able to click your gamemode and it types it for everyone to see.

"Damo is playing gamemode: Legend" or whatever it's gonna be called.

I like the idea of a game mode that has decreased xp rates in exchange for increased drop rates, while still being able to trade. As far as the cannon goes, if it was just the normal vendor I think it would be fair, although maybe have a minimum ranged level to obtain it would be better.

2 things I would like to add, I wouldn't want adding a new game mode to be a higher priority than new content. Also it would be nice if there is an increased drop rate to have a one time option to switch, in exchange for a reset to all skill xp. The reason for this is I would like to keep donator status without spending $250 on a new account, as well as keeping my items I've already obtained (mostly because of untradeable items). If this had been an option when I joined I'm sure I would have taken increased drop rate over increased xp to 99.

I think people just wanted to feel like Ironmen, but still that little too boneidle to no have to worry about gathering their own items. 

Still though, a good idea :) 

x2 xp would be a real challenge for people, be like Darkscape xp without the worry of the PK side of things; I would sooner see the addition to invention, 'cos new skills ;) 

The problem is that people get bored post 99, hence why they want lower xp, but as mentioned, the real challenge is 200m - people just enjoy leveling 

For me it would be nice to potentially see some rewarding factors of gaining that extra xp post 99, even if it means better chance of getting ALL elite outfits. New items to help with skilling e.g. inferno adze. Maybe even a boost of V.Coins to help buy a perk, something that give people wanting to push to gaining max xp...

Otherwise people mainly want it as a rush to be the first to grab a 99, rather than a reason to want to 'MAX' their accounts.

I am looking forward to the new con capes in RS3 and hopefully see them implemented here

TL;DR, yeah lower is cannot harm, but sooner see other things. 

★·.·´¯`·.·★ get your sᴡᴇᴀᴛ on ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Multi cannon why not i already have 3k balls

A new game mode with lower xp yes please.

Im voting for x5 because x10 is already a thing with iron and anything past 99.

Drop rate boost would be nice if its only slightly but if its added does that mean iron gets a boost too?

And for the special icon idc either way but viewing stats and when you first make an account are enough for me.

x10 option sounds rather dull for a new mode since regular mode is 10x after 99 and iron modes are 10x.

x2 would be cool I suppose but I dislike the idea everyone wants a higher drop rate for it, but hey this is why we vote/what the majority wants right?

Edit: a fail rate like pickpocketing for thieving would be cool for every skill, say per x-levels the fail rate drops with 99 being normal.

Fail chance rate for skilling/combat (dmg);

1-9 10%

10-19 9%

20-29 8%

30-39 7%

40-49 6%

50-59 5%

60-69 4%

70-79 3%

80-89 2%

90-98 1%

With a message like "you have tried to cut a log, but it was only a scratch", "you tried to hit the monster but you have failed to deal damage".

18.png Cap'n Ahoy #6
22.png Ultimate Ironman Stephanoski #7
17.png Silver #24
Ah0y #4 kots '24

I'd like to also suggest an option to reset account stats if that would be possible for those who want to keep their names and use the new mode if it comes out.

A check if gear is equipped and any boosting effects could be done to ensure people don't have on gear they shouldn't have on during reset process.

Ahoy has a good point about 10x rate. It's already pretty standard for ironmen and normal players post-99 and with double experience nearly always being active because of the Well of Goodwill It wouldn't even be fun to try out in my opinion if 10x rate came out with it.

Archived