Locked Revenant Spirit changes v2

Twenty Weeks

Good part of your day,

I understand this is a tired argument from me, but it is something I'm passionate about and I'd love to see changed.

After making my return to Velheim, slapping Zuk, Kerry and an overgrown popsicle around I've quietly returned to the Forinthry Dungeon to do some extended ghost hunting. Having killed over 17000 revenants for the Chaos Elemental collection log, I only ever saw 2 Revenant Spirit drops.

2iwH6Da.pnglvZXDDM.png

(I get the log says 3, that's a bug. I got that verified)

How the Revenant Spirit works on RS3

Spoiler

To prevent making this an overly lengthy post, I'll only briefly explain the Rev Spirit or Rev Pet mechanics as they are on the main game:

The revenant spirit is a rare drop that can drop from any revenant. Once picked up and unlocked, you'll unlock the next tier of the revenant pet. There's 14 tiers in total, and each tier becomes progressively more rare to drop until you're hitting a roughly 1/4166 rare for the final upgrade killing exclusively the highest level revenant (dragon).

People that only ever kill the dragon for the Rev pet can get a maxed out pet in as low as around 15000 kc, while people that do full sweeps can easily get over 100000 revenant kc before getting that coveted final drop. 

Source for more info on the pet here.

And to prove I'm not just talking out of my ass, my retail RS3 account has the Hobgoblin, or tier 5 of the pet at less than 1/3 of the KC that my Velheim account is at on tier 2. Provided, this was mostly killing the dragon while Velheim Twenty did more full sweeps for the c-log. Having said that, Velheim's revenants also have a more static rare drop table (which I think is a good thing) while RS3 revs are exponentially harder to get drops from the lower you go.

2GYqKNe.png

How the Revenant Spirit works on Velheim

Spoiler

The Revenant Spirit on Velheim is a flat drop rate from any revenant respective to their rare drop table. For the dragon, my account has a 1.734% chance of hitting the RDT, or a 1/57.67 chance per dragon killed, this obviously will vary depending on game mode and other factors like potions, prestige etc. Each revenant has access to the exact same rare drops, with there being a total of 63 drops on this table. Assuming they all have the same chance to drop, and I have no reason to see why they wouldn't, each revenant spirit for me is around a 1/3633.21 drop chance from revenant dragons. This would mean that to gain all 14 pets with average luck, I'd need to kill 43,598 more dragons from my current point considering I have 2 tiers of the pet.

This makes the pet effectively about rare as the Revenant Ork (T11) to Revenant Dark Beast (T12) pet upgrade on RS3, which sits at around 1/3571 from the dragon.

Proposed Changes

Spoiler

I have a few ideas that I thought up. I have no clue how hard any of these are to code, so with that said Sand, I hope you read this with the knowledge I respect you a lot and this is just the thoughts of a pleb who can't even point out Java on a map.

- Add an extra ''ultra rare'' table to Revenants and move the spirit there. I'd imagine this would be around 10x rarer than hitting the very rare table, so 1/570 for me. Even something lower like 1/1000 would mean there's a lot less frustration when it comes to rolling duplicate collection log items when there's nothing left at revs but the pet hunt. After all, they don't serve a real purpose as a moneymaker nor training spot, and it'd lower a still lengthy grind to be much more feasible.

- Make the pet automatically upgrade at certain Revenant KC's after the initial drop is obtained, retroactively. This could either be exponential or a static amount per upgrade.

- Make an approach similar to RS3's where the pet becomes much easier to obtain early on and only reaches droprates similar to what it is now for the final few tiers. 

Bonus: On Rs3, you get this cool interface that allows you to swap between pet appearances. If that could be implemented too, I'd die a happy man

HrKK1WC.png

Extra suggestion for coll log hunters

Spoiler

This is a bonus for the mad few that want to go for the Wilderness/Chaos Ely log. On RS3, you can get both the regular version of an ancient warrior's piece or the corrupted version, both count for the collection log slot. I don't stand to gain anything if this were to be implemented because pulling my hair out over Vesta's Plateskirt once was quite enough, but I do think it'd be cool since this would potentially pull more people to the Rev caves, which in turn could also make them more active for PVP.

Thanks for reading, and have a great rest of your day!

~ Weeksyboo

• Like 2
  • +1 2

To do what I've preached.

Founding member of Bandits

• 2 months later...