Locked Invention teasers & Extra Information

Sandstorm

• Founder

Hey!

Been a while since our last update, eh? Well.. say neigh to boredom, because Invention's just around the corner!

I've been working on it for quite some time now and I'm confident to say the first FULL (batch 1) Invention update should be done by the next weekend. Though I promised it this weekend, I would like to open up the BETA server this weekend to test it thoroughly before actually putting it in the LIVE game. I'm sure you're all tired of #noupdatescape already, but you must understand how huge of a project this is for just 1 code wizard.

Here's what I have right now:

• The unique EXP thresholds for Invention levels (correct formula from RS3) and the actual skill contributing to player's total level and total exp;
  • EVERY SINGLE ITEM that is disassembleable in RS3 is now disassembleable on Velheim, with correct: material chances, exp, quantities and groups. All current components/parts can be viewed by right-clicking on any Inventor's workbench (custom feature);
  • EVERY SINGLE AUGMENTABLE item that can potentially be augmented with an augmentor (weapons, tools, armour, etc.) can be augmented (read straight from the RS3 cache);
  • EVERY SINGLE DISCOVERY BLUEPRINT can be discovered at X Invention levels with correct EXP and messages. All discoveries can be viewed by right-clicking on any Inventor's workbench (custom feature) (this does not mean every discovery that is made can actually be put into use, yet);
  • EVERY SINGLE DEVICE can be made using any of the Inventor's workbenches; player uses components, parts, levels, items to make them (this does not mean all devices actually function, yet).

I'll be contacting some long-term players to hop on the BETA world this weekend and test out Invention for us. If you'd like to view it, test it out, or even mess around on the BETA world (spawning is enabled), message me and I'll (probably) let you on :)

So without further ado, here's some of the media that has been teased on our Discord:

iPp2Sa2.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

hhAbUCQ.png

Zhuuwua.gif

OYuAlaf.png

yjuOdui.png

AzenOT8.png

isBBH5T.png

BoUV7U7.png

GBflPXl.png

TN3zwO5.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED:

• Noted item disassembly support;
  • Added ALL weapon/armour/tool perks with correct descriptions, max rankings, materials (and their chances (and quantities));
  • Added ALL devices which can be made (same way as skilling outfit pieces, now has an options dialogue for what to make) on any Inventor's workbench with correct component and item requirements, levels, EXP rewards and cycles;
  • All components/parts can now be added to weapon/armour/tool gizmo shells to create gizmo's that will include up to 2 perks inside them that can then be used on augmented items to add perks in any of the gizmo slots inside of them. An item has 2 gizmo slots, each holding up to 2 perks each, so: 4 perks per item is max;
  • All 3 gizmo shells can now be right-clicked to 'Add components', 'Build gizmo' (from the components you have selected) and 'Reset components' to reset all selected components on them (custom feature);
  • Augmented items can be right-click 'Checked' to view it's current EXP, level, EXP until level, charge drain, charges remaining, and both gizmo slots with both perks and their ranks.

StsVTIr.png

--------------------------------------

hAAGsmn.png

NMyKEVQ.png

aMkXeFh.png

3wDCYSr.png

• Like 2
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif