Locked Ask Sandstorm

Sandstorm

• Founder

Hello all,

Figured I'd try something different and open up a thread for everyone to ask direct questions to me. It may be anything, from what my favourite dishes are to what's in store for Velheim. Don't be shy, I'll try and reply to each question as honestly as possible.

Hopefully this thread gives a better understanding of who I am and what I'm planning!

• Like 2
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

Forum and In-game rank are not directly connected. I have upgraded you to Rubies, thanks for your contribution.

You can find further info on the link below.

https://velheim.com/forums/index.php/topic/1113-if-requesting-a-forum-rank-read-this-first/

It was supposed to be a joke c; but thank you for upgrading my rank. twice <3

Also, seeing as you are apparentally awaiting a bby (grats!)

What are you two going to name it?

Do you know if its a boy or a girl?

...Have you considered naming it Darude?(even if its a girl)

• Like 1

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, right?

Best question for you here, Sand

Why am I still Emerald on the forum even though i'm Ruby ingame? ;-;

big ree

Forum and In-game rank are not directly connected. I have upgraded you to Rubies, thanks for your contribution.

You can find further info on the link below.

https://velheim.com/forums/index.php/topic/1113-if-requesting-a-forum-rank-read-this-first/

yyUGgRX.gif

Spoiler

5fykfZT.png

Vfq9KMH.png Top notch mod response

Dr43bVV.png

HtDQuEI.png

MmmxLIm.png

ImpFutp.png

gsJ07BN.png

When will you lift our curse and let us make CuStOm-FiT tRiMmEd SpIkEd AuGmEnTeD mAsTeRwOrK aRmOr?(Or just augmented trimmed T_T)

Also does Trimmed Masterwork currently reduce damage taken before it calculates the bleed?

Can you make a woodcutting perk for success-rate/chopping speed? IF not that, buff bloodwood cutting speed(its significantly slower than RS currently!)?

What are you planning for Velheim's Anniversary next year & which exact date is that?

What is your favorite past meme?

What was your favorite thing that you've coded on velheim so far? If not a favorite, what are you the most proud of?

Edited by Winter Revel

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

• Founder

What are you planning to do with your slave who’s called angel

Honestly just keep a lowkey with him. Always was a nub, always will be :(

sandstorm any new boss comming to game soon then jw

Next boss "types" I'd like to finish (and work on) are all 3 Elite dungeons. They're quite a massive content piece to work on, but I think I'll be able to finish all of them by the end of the year.

EDIT: I'd also like to add Nex:Angel of Death sometime this year, but that's a vague plan.

• Like 1
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

Why and when did you start Velheim? Do you have any past experience with RSPS development?

Why and when did you start Velheim? Do you have any past experience with RSPS development?

• Like 1

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

AdorableMeaslyFulmar-max-1mb.gif

• Founder

Why I started Velheim is simply because I've always had passion for Runescape ever since I was a toddler (which was 16 years ago (yes, I've been playing RS for 16 years now)). This exact protocol (era of RS) was by far my favourite, and combining it with RS3 content makes my pp hard if I'm totally honest.

"Velheim" as a whole started back in December, 2017, but the source itself was already in my hands and developed on since around 2015.

I've been in the RSPS scene since around 2009, and started messing about with private servers around 2011. My first ever server I hosted was called "Z508", a 508 protocol Spawn-PvP based, with spawning using coins, and its own little economy.

Menaphos' Scarabs for slayer :)

Menaphos content will be coming whenever I decide on working on the whole region. The region's focused around mid-tier levels, so It's not really in a big demand.

If the money wasn’t a motivator to investing so much time towards this project, what do you think you’d be doing different instead of Veheim or just private servers in general?

Honestly, I don't know. I've spent so much time developing on a lot of different RSPS projects that I can't see myself doing anything else. I've participated in a couple Minecraft projects a couple years back, but that didn't last long as I didn't quite enjoy it as much as I enjoy working on RS-related stuff.

However, ever since my parents hooked me up with a computer, my programming spark has been there. I attended an IT school, and would probably be working as a programmer in some company.

When will you lift our curse and let us make CuStOm-FiT tRiMmEd SpIkEd AuGmEnTeD mAsTeRwOrK aRmOr?(Or just augmented trimmed T_T)

Sadly, augmented masterwork doesn't share the same 'cache values' as any other degradable augmentable item (since nothing's hard-coded on Velheim) and has to be added in a custom way (hard-coded way). I'll add it sometime later, can't put a date on it tho.

Also does Trimmed Masterwork currently reduce damage taken before it calculates the bleed?

It actually did not, but it does now (next restart).

Can you make a woodcutting perk for success-rate/chopping speed? IF not that, buff bloodwood cutting speed(its significantly slower than RS currently!)?

You know I can. Drop it in the suggestions :)

What are you planning for Velheim's Anniversary next year & which exact date is that?

Haven't really thought about it yet seeing as there's another 4 months up ahead. You can check this thread for more detailed information: Velheim's 1 Year Anniversary.

What is your favorite past meme?

Without a doubt the Ugandan Knuckles. There's this 1 scene I remember from VRChat, where someone made an avatar of Knuckles riding in an USSR tank with the National Russian Anthem playing.

What was your favorite thing that you've coded on velheim so far? If not a favorite, what are you the most proud of?

Don't have any particular favourites, but most things I'm proud are the Balthazaars Raffle, M&S Rework and an almost identical combat system to RS3's legacy mode (with auto item bonus building upon server start-ups, no hard-coding and manual balancing yay). Combat is still an on-going process, but I can proudly say we're the only server with as an identical combat system as RS3. Also, we're always up-to-date with the RS3's cache, which is currently at revision 907.

What do you do on your spare time? Not velheim related.

On my spare time I like to bully @Dynasty. Play horror games. Play Dead by Daylight, I'm a huge DBD fan, currently over a thousand hours on it. I also moderate & administrate a couple other private servers of completely different genres, nothing big though, great collections of people though. Outside of online-related stuff; I like to go on car rides with friends and spend time with my family. I don't really have any "real" hobbies outside of Velheim.

• Like 4
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif