Welcome to Velheim - Community Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Poll] GE vs POS

poll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll GE vs POS (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you rather have Player Owned Shops, or continue using the Grand Exchange.

1. Yes, I would like to see Player Owned Shops (13 votes [65.00%])

Percentage of vote: 65.00%

2. No, the Grand Exchange is fine (7 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

Instead of using multiple shops, would you like to see a shop menu containing all the shops in one interface.

1. Yes, I would like to see all the shops being put into 1 shop (14 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No, I like how the home base is with multiple shops (6 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote

OFFLINE   Ahoy

Ahoy

The Captain of Velheim

• Rubies

• 465 posts
  • Time Online: 13d 19h 20m 59s

Community!

We need your help once again!

Please vote on the two questions we have for you in store in our poll.

,Ahoy

OFFLINE   Gracee

Gracee

White Poster

• Velheimer
  • 41 posts
  • Time Online: 14d 18h 28m 37s

I would LOVE to see pos in game, think it's a wonderful idea!

OFFLINE   Schnauzer

Schnauzer

Dragon Poster

• Banned
  • 108 posts

one giant shop would be way too much.. unless you mean like, theres a list of pages and u just scroll through what type of items you want. Then... maybe?

Player owned shops would be cool, but I think both player owned + the g\e would be super cool... Since you cant leave buy offers in player owned shops, only selling things.. 

OFFLINE   Gracee

Gracee

White Poster

• Velheimer
  • 41 posts
  • Time Online: 14d 18h 28m 37s

one giant shop would be way too much.. unless you mean like, theres a list of pages and u just scroll through what type of items you want. Then... maybe?

Player owned shops would be cool, but I think both player owned + the g\e would be super cool... Since you cant leave buy offers in player owned shops, only selling things.. 

Yeah i was thinking the same about the 'one shop' situation, Maybe there could be one NPC for gear such as ranged gear, mage gear and so on... And then one npc for skilling supplies.... You get the idea. It could be scaled down, but scaling it down to just one NPC/Shop may be a bit to hectic. 

I remember how the shops were before, when they were all in one room and i thought that was a bit better than spacing it out, personal preference though i guess 

Edited by Gracee, 22 April 2018 - 09:10 PM.

OFFLINE   Illuminati

Illuminati

White Poster

• Banned

• 45 posts

I think having both is a good mix! :)

OFFLINE   God

God

White Poster

• Rubies
  • 45 posts
  • Time Online: 7d 1h 15m 17s

Neither. Remove trading from the game!! No wildy! #RS2007

OFFLINE   Ahoy

Ahoy

The Captain of Velheim

• Rubies

• 465 posts
  • Time Online: 13d 19h 20m 59s

Personally I am a fan of having shops spread across the map, giving that good old feeling.

OFFLINE   Fulu

Fulu

Iron Poster

• Velheimer
  • 15 posts
  • Time Online: 7h 10m 30s
POS would be a pretty amazing idea instead of Grand Exchange atleast for now. :)

OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

Community manager

• Velheimer
  • 36 posts
  • Time Online: 13h 26m 47s

My input would simply be, I've seen player owned shops before, and it can be implemented quite nicely.

As for the shops all being in one shop, If it can be made to look ascetically pleasing it could also work very well, if it was just one shop window with every item it would look a mess but if there is a tab system or even just dividers between sections.

OFFLINE   Toy

Toy

Iron Poster

• Velheimer
  • 11 posts
  • Time Online: 1d 14h 8m 34s

For the shops in one place idea, I have seen it where you click on the skill and you have an extra tab for 'Shop' and in there would be the relevant item

E.g. -
weapons for attack
armour for defence
seeds for farming     
secondaries herblore
etc etc

OFFLINE   Crator

Crator

Initiate Poster

• Velheimer
  • 57 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 20h 27m 27s

I think the biggest issue I had is that everything was right there, there was no need for player trading or interacting, For Ironman players it was good, but for the normal player, to many shops make it to easy and makes leveling skills somewhat pointless besides having a level. I feel shops should be spread out, and shouldn't have anything above Adamant quality. I want to fell like I earned my first set of full rune lol. Like in Runescape as that was my first achievement as a noob lol. 

Players make this game great, and having more interaction by making trade needed, will only help the server.