✪ Happy 3 years anniversary to Velheim! ✪ Thanks to everyone for your continued support! ✪ Here is to another 3 years! ✪

Staff & Server feedback - December 2020

Hello Velheimers!

Post your thoughts about the current staff team and server updates in the reply section down below. There'll also be a format you can copy paste!

As a small incentive - the 3 members with most constructive/detailed replies will win 5 x Bonds in-game. We will not be choosing replies with only positive feedback as we'd like to see where and how we need to improve!

This month's feedback thread will end along with the top voters & contributors thread on January, 1st of 2021. Chosen winners will get announced on that thread, and rewarded privately by me.

Format (simply copy and paste this format into the reply box below):

Staff Members

@Sandstorm

Positives:
Negatives:

@Dynasty

Positives:
Negatives:

@Arcadiez

Positives:
Negatives:

@Karamelli

Positives:
Negatives:

@Nhs
Positives:
Negatives:

Server

Changes I liked:

Changes I disliked:

Changes I'd like to see:

Note: You do not have to comment on a staff member if you don't want to or have not seen or interacted with them on Velheim yet. Same goes for the server - if there's nothing you'd like to input on the said point then simply skip it.

qqHQr41.gif

For all inquiries, e-mail us at: administration@velheim.com

Staff Members

@Sandstorm

Positives:
Still going strong
Negatives:
I was on Santa's naughty list :wallbash:

@Dynasty

Positives:
Consistent play. Might not always be online, but usually keeps the same Net hours per week/month/etc.
Negatives: His girlfriend won the 1Bil/$100 Velcredit and I blame him.

@Arcadiez

Positives:
Pretty much the most undervalued staff member by general players. Does lots of work in the background that a lot of players don't see because he's not always helping in-game.
Negatives: Only player perspective. Keep doing what you're doing man :)

@Karamelli

Positives:
One of the better staff members the server has had. Great to have you, and you'll probably be Dynasty 2.0 because once you're admin you'll automatically be better :D huehuehue
Negatives: Probably Got busy for the holidays, but who hasn't. See you a bunch in January :)

@Nhs
Positives:
I originally gave him a recommendation for staff. Was very committed to his own play. I haven't bumped into him recently, but again, holidays got everyones' schedules a bit wonky.
Negatives: None that I'm aware of. Don't let us down brother :wub:

Server

Changes I liked: 
2h Update gave us something fresh to mess with. Great update, that will likely need tweaks here and there. (Probably to specific weapon types, and perhaps the 100% chance reduced)

Changes I disliked:
I disliked that dual wielded weapons had their gizmo amounts reduced. I liked having two as it was unique to the server. I don't think having some things unique is terrible, especially as Jagex has gimped some of the ability to get new content. Even having some of our own invention recipes is cool. Also hoping toxic blowpipe gets its fastest attack speed back as well; heard it got slowed down. (Didn't equip to check because supposedly there was a bug)

Changes I'd like to see: 
Magic spells damage to be tweaked like I posted in a thread a bit back. Would be useful for ironmen/classics mostly.

revel.pnge989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

Staff Members

@Sandstorm

Positives: Became a lot more active in my eyes. Also really does respond quickly recently, goes very quick with the updates and really listens to the community. Keep this up ^^
Negatives: Sometimes I have no clue if your joking or serious :p.

@Dynasty

Positives: A lot of activity and dedication to the server. Has been giving us great content with events and general guidance on the server. Would recommend to keep this up, really love chatting with you. Also is very friendly and does what the community asks him to do.
Negatives: None I can think of at the moment, maybe play more on dyna then your alt >:D

@Arcadiez

Positives: Very active, when asked he does give quick and specific responses. Is really kind and always wants to make the server a better place. Keep up the great work with the guides.
Negatives: I see u afk quite a bit :c.

@Karamelli

Positives: Very friendly, answers quickly and specific and always tries to think about the community. Keep it up man.
Negatives: Might be me but I noticed your activity decreasing?

@Nhs
Positives: Very friendly, quick to respond and is a real happy face on the server. Especially the knowledge and prestige dedication shows the love for the server and the community knows you really well. You hold a great advantage because of that, a good and nice addition to the staff team.
Negatives: None I can think of atm ^^.

Server

Changes I liked: The changed with the drop rates, activity of staff and the events. I always love the way you all try to get more close to the community, you really listen to the feedback and respond quickly.

Changes I disliked: Had my doubts about the x-mas event at first because of the massive drops. But as stated above it was fixed quickly. Awesome job!

Changes I'd like to see: Maybe try to get more support on the server, it has been growing quite a bit and I think with more supports there will be more involvement with the player base.

oULsKBV.thumb.png.538c3818a7e6b0bd88bea9ce668e9345.pngSand_daddy_lynx1.png.b49f83747e08e8a6a5d405e759575642.png

Staff Members

@Sandstorm

Positives: Amazing job coding new content, while always managing QoL and bug fixes
Negatives:

@Dynasty

Positives: Helps out people in need.

Christmas event zone was a nice little event!

Negatives:

@Arcadiez

Positives: Does a lot of work out of the game that isn't always noticed for what it's worth.

Still does an amazing job whenever he is online

Negatives: Sometimes feels like the only active thing he does is being a vote party announcer?

@Karamelli

Positives: -Haven't seen Kara online during holiday period-
Negatives: -Haven't seen Kara online during holiday period-

@Nhs
Positives: Friendly and super active in FC, goes out of his way to help new guys. All around good working man
Negatives:

Server

Changes I liked: The 2h update is amazing, having a blast with 2h's!

Changes I disliked: Liked the dual gizmo's on dual wielded weapons, would love to see it come back again.

Changes I'd like to see:

Edited by TheDarkTurm

TessDrop.png.1ab7db6472355ccc0d345098dd6cce3c.png

Staff Members

@Sandstorm

Positives: I've tried a few other RSPS and Velheim just seems like it's the most polished server with a constant stream of updates (at least since I joined). I've personally seen him rescue people from inside walls and he seems like a very personable guy from his FC conversations. It's incredible to think that one person does most of the maintenance and updates on this server. His changelogs are well written and easy to follow. There is a level of transparency behind server updates that's pretty refreshing. Also Darude - Sandstorm is my go to karaoke song.
Negatives: It's the holiday season so haven't seen him on that much? 

@Dynasty

Positives: Haven't seen him around this week, but during the holiday event he was helpful to everyone who asked questions.

Negatives: Also haven't seen him recently, but it's the holidays. 

@Arcadiez

Positives: Graphic designs for this game are sleek and the general aesthetic across the board is well maintained. He has personally helped me with some bugs I've filed so he's probably the member of staff that has given me the best impression. At least recently, he's the member of staff that's been most consistently online. Also has some great guides and helpful forum posts.

Negatives: Nothing bad to say about this dude.

@Karamelli

Positives: I've only seen him online one time and he gave out a free bond in hide and seek. Has some really great skilling guides on the forums.
Negatives: Not enough interactions to say anything meaningful.

@Nhs
Positives: Nhs has such a deep knowledge of the game and he is constantly explaining skills and offering tips in the help fc. He may be new and is busy right now, but he's super helpful whenever he's on.
Negatives: He has more prestige levels than me and I'm jealous.

Server

Changes I liked: Absolutely love all the perks, would love to see more perks added soon! As a skiller, the prestige system has been so fun! It allows me to keep grinding at my own pace, while giving PVM a shot every once in a while - it's the main reason why I enjoy playing on this server so much. The unique place that the current state of mining and smithing rework sits strikes a great balance between the old and new systems. It's almost like this system was designed by devs who have actually tried smithing before. I also can't believe how complete the archaeology skill is on this server. I know it's still missing a few things, but amazing work so far. Finally, the Christmas skilling event was so fun! 

Changes I disliked: The Christmas event went away T_T. Increase to repair costs (jk I understand the reason for it and I don't PVM much anyways)

Changes I'd like to see: For me, just lots of skilling related things like crystal tools and tool gizmos. The hammertron or pyromatic can't be augmented and crystal tinderbox and hammer are missing from the singing bowl. Next, potentially a new FC for trading - I really enjoy helping new players in the 'help' FC, but it's a little frustrating sometimes when someone starts spamming 'buying x for x @ ge' while the FC is trying to help beginners. Would also like a wider variety of trivia. I feel like I've seen all the questions already. I'm one of those people that really gets in to the lore of a game so if needed, I would gladly provide new sets of trivia questions for the server. Finally, would be cool to see more Player Owned Ports and Arc content, but definitely not a priority for me - so much to do already. Also, could we have more bank space please - I'm selfishly asking because I bought too many bank boosters.

Staff Members

@Sandstorm

Positives: Very active, consistent updates, listens to what players want and is really easy to catch on discord or in game. 
Negatives: I'm still a little salty that nothing came from the bug where several players (not just myself) lost several valuable weapons due to a server bug which wasn't our fault, only one person got refunded and the rest suffered which i don't think is quite fair.

@Dynasty

Positives: Way more active than last month, feel quite bad for being harsh on last months staff feedback :P. Absolutely loved the Christmas event you put together this year, it was neat. Whenever you're online you're never AFK and a question never goes unanswered. You also seem like a super nice and genuine person. 10/10
Negatives: N/A

@Arcadiez

Positives: Same applies with Arcadiez, i've seen you around way more this month than last month in game! Really appreciate all the work you do that isn't as obvious in game, such as on forums/graphics - The forum is looking super snazzy now :)
Negatives: N/A

@Karamelli

Positives: Really good moderator, does everything which you'd expect and more. Goes out of the way to help people and doesn't afk. Always keeps it professional but is also super friendly.
Negatives: Haven't really seen him around this month much, perhaps because of the holidays.

@Nhs
Positives: Nhs is super active. Always helps out in game with questions and his knowledge is great. Really think you'll be a good addition  to the staff team. Nhs also seems to be super active on the forums and will let everyone know when he may be absent for a couple of days.
Negatives: Hasn't been part of the staff team long enough for me to criticise. 

Server

Changes I liked:

1) ED1 completion.

2) 2h buff - Finally has given 2h's a use again.

3) The fixing of some perks perks - giving a lot more use to some perks that previously did nothing.

4) Increasing the amount of GP for the well as i feel it was too low as it was constantly active and will now act as a better money sink.

5) The pet override rework - allowing me to override my familiars with pets - probably my favourite update this month.

6) Christmas event - Once again, massive props to Dynasty.

7) The addition of NHS to the staff team - Well deserved and seems that he will be a great addition to the staff team.

Changes I disliked:

1) Increasing the amount of money needed to fix items - probably only subjective to me as i only really use trimmed masterwork for bossing - pre this buff trimmed masterwork already cost me a ton to fix.

Changes I'd like to see: 

1) More teasers for future updates - I know Sand isn't a massive fan of this but it really helps give players an idea of what to expect.

2) An increase in drop quantity to ED1's ancient scales from the bosses - it's way too low atm.

3) More staff members to the team as theres long periods of time without any staff present in game at the moment.

4) Bring back the suggestions channel in discord pls? <3

5) More unique cosmetics added in game and in the donation store. 

Staff Members

@Sandstorm

Positives: Bestests man of Velheim, not but really without you putting in so much effort and time we would not have such a fun server to play on.
Negatives: Still no custom Sandy pet, willing to donate for it.

@Dynasty

Positives: Fun and smart guy, great talker and problem solver.
Negatives: -

@Arcadiez

Positives: Not afraid to ask for help and willing to co-op with things, great addition to the team!
Negatives: Maybe less online as I expected he would be, could be timezones and irl stuff though.

@Karamelli

Positives: Fun and goofy person, good vibe giver as staff should give sometimes, great addition to the team!
Negatives: Maybe try to be a bit more active on the forum, the more staff are active on the forum the more it grows.

@Nhs
Positives: Great game knowledge.
Negatives: Seems quiet in the CC when online, so I would suggest to interact a bit more in the CC.

Server

Changes I liked:

2H buff, QoL updates, well increase, the advent calender thingy and the xmas event req increase and ofc everything you fix what was broken.

Changes I disliked:
Nothing really, I understand some updates get priority like Elite Dungeons since people want that kind of content (even if I would prefer other priorities it is not up to me, all I should do is wait and smile for QoL stuff).

Changes I'd like to see:

My QoL suggestion obviously and some love to HiScores, maybe some new ones like bosses, clues etc.

Not the best feedback since I am not that active as I used to be, but at least I hope they all get

• Sandstorm unpinned, locked and unfeatured this topic