Locked How to improve a future KoTS

Ymir

I personally feel that if a skilling event is done in the future it should:

1. Be over the period of a month;
  2. Each account limited in playtime. 72 hours as an example.
  3. Well & Vote XP disabled completely for the game mode. As well as being affected by pulse cores.

A future event would definitely be more appealing to newcomers and regulars alike if someone who say, doesn't have as much time to play could have just as much chance at winning over the course of a month until all playtime is used as someone who decides to grind 3 days straight no-sleep and make a new account to try and push further. 

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by Ymir
  • Like 3

Hey, I don't have hundreds of hours to do well in this competition either.

The set amount of played hours might be fun - but either way people with more spare time have an advantage, nothing will make up for that. These 'eSport'~esque competitions aren't really geared towards casual players.

What would be a good reason to turn off vote XP? Voting is a pretty level playing field. If your aim is to remove all exp related benefits, than you would have to disable vote book use entirely as well as loyalty points -- disincentive of voting on an event that draws players? 

Also no real reason to turn off the well bonus as it effects everyone, no one person is at an advantage due to well buff. -- why go through the trouble of coding it?

What is the purpose behind your suggestions?

This post just reads as general things that one might think would give them a shot, in reality you'd still lose to the guy who has nothing else to do. If you want a better skilling event or changes to a future KOTS your recommendations should be a bit more fleshed out than this. -if you want it to be taken seriously-

meannn.gif.cdf69de9c2c7d6f57de8f822ac2c9565.gif

6 hours ago, Mean said:

Hey, I don't have hundreds of hours to do well in this competition either.

The set amount of played hours might be fun - but either way people with more spare time have an advantage, nothing will make up for that. These 'eSport'~esque competitions aren't really geared towards casual players.

What would be a good reason to turn off vote XP? Voting is a pretty level playing field. If your aim is to remove all exp related benefits, than you would have to disable vote book use entirely as well as loyalty points -- disincentive of voting on an event that draws players? 

Also no real reason to turn off the well bonus as it effects everyone, no one person is at an advantage due to well buff. -- why go through the trouble of coding it?

What is the purpose behind your suggestions?

This post just reads as general things that one might think would give them a shot, in reality you'd still lose to the guy who has nothing else to do. If you want a better skilling event or changes to a future KOTS your recommendations should be a bit more fleshed out than this. -if you want it to be taken seriously-

Def a reason to turn off well bonus - it doesn't have 100% uptime. They also shouldn't be eligible for the weekend exp buff either.

Only thing I disagree on is the Vote exp. 

Also I wouldn't mind seeing a time capped account like that - but I'd like to see the account linked to a main account in a way such that the exp gets converted to bonus exp for the other account when that account expires relative to game mode. Would be a decent incentive.

• Like 2

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

Playtime capped is 100% a solid idea. Don’t even know how people think its bad lmao.

I would probably have played if it was timecapped to X hours playtime and not unlimited over the course of 2 weeks.

- Efficiency becomes meta.

People need to plan their skills and what/how they will train. Now u just hop on, nerd out and the guy who plays 20 hours a day wins. 

Better to cap it and let the person with the most efficiency and best planning win. As it should be.

• Like 1

Yipe2.gif.727862c4b0ff45be6665086e49c45174.gif

2Ug2WAw.png

CAu7Tgd.png