Locked Skilling profits

Rn Nick

I think I have pretty valuable input on this as I started less than a month ago and have made most of my money through skilling. The money IS out there, but you can't spam 10,000 luminite ore and expect there to be a market for all of it immediately. You need to utilize the Player Listings function in the Grand Exchange and search! Search for potions, ores, bolts, fish, archaeology materials, anything! If you are still having trouble finding anything you could post on the Marketplace forums letting people know you will skill for them, I'm sure with all the people prestiging and pushing 200m's on here someones bound to want archaeology materials or stuff like rune dart tips. As of the time of writing this, someone is buying over 2,000 red chinchompa's for 35k-37k ea. You can pickpocket Ardougne Knights for 13K each pickpocket and with Sticky Fingers Archaeology relic it can be a pretty afk process. So there is money to be made, you just gotta know how to find it.

All this being said, I think naturally bossing will always be better money, and there is not much you can do about that. It's all about supply and demand, some people want good equipment, ECB's for example, and some people want Luminite ore to train. I can go get 1,000 Luminite real quick but there's no guarantee I could get an ECB today, let alone be geared and prepared enough to do ED3, as not everyone can do this. These RNG mechanics for high tier gear will always be more rewarding than skilling, so if you after lots of money, you'll need to PvM, or PvP(lmao, imagine).

In conclusion, you CAN skill to make  decent money but if you want big bucks you gotta kill some bosses!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jealous said:

I think I have pretty valuable input on this as I started less than a month ago and have made most of my money through skilling. The money IS out there, but you can't spam 10,000 luminite ore and expect there to be a market for all of it immediately. You need to utilize the Player Listings function in the Grand Exchange and search! Search for potions, ores, bolts, fish, archaeology materials, anything! If you are still having trouble finding anything you could post on the Marketplace forums letting people know you will skill for them, I'm sure with all the people prestiging and pushing 200m's on here someones bound to want archaeology materials or stuff like rune dart tips. As of the time of writing this, someone is buying over 2,000 red chinchompa's for 35k-37k ea. You can pickpocket Ardougne Knights for 13K each pickpocket and with Sticky Fingers Archaeology relic it can be a pretty afk process. So there is money to be made, you just gotta know how to find it.

Comment on this, I believe less people are prestige chasing than normally would/should be. The prestige shop since the release of AoD has been lackluster and lacking attention. As far as plans for it, could possibly be in the works. Nonetheless - nobody pushes people to prestige at the moment so they don't really buy skilling supplies on a bigger scale, if that makes sense.

• Like 1
Spoiler

NubTamp.png.924c7b74dab70e77f2a6ef68e0f2e40b.png

christmasyelp.png.83aaa0b32d0a6c3271b4a33fac56bf43.png

FinishOnEm.png.0130e5eca73e61960820dc7a1be8eeb9.png

sterlington.png.068f23a82617bb30b97e78fa7c33c9ca.png

10hpspices.png.89105ca07e417efe74251ff9f51cd29d.png

SterAtMe.png.21c58956d834372faafbbaf03a74248b.png

ScytheSig.PNG.af04697501f899bcda57120eb72ee605.PNG

4 hours ago, foxx said:

To be honest in that picture, it seems like a 'less-than-educated' individual who is new to the scene and hasn't been guided. The friends chat normally points all new people to >skilling< as an income (i.e. divine charges/mining/thieving/slayer etc.) If you really want to make the money, you have to pvm since this is the case and like you said skilling is over farmed. I would love an alternative that hasn't been suggested since those aren't the way to go. I've said it, undercutting is an issue. Aside from that nothing will fix people not buying your loads of items since there's simply not even enough people on the server to go through 20k divine charges... ever. If you only like skilling, then what is it that you're after, if not pvm gear, that costs so much? If you want rares and such, then earn them like most people - vote. Sell vote books, buy more rares, flip as you do.

My suggestion - gen store/g.e auto buy but non-monetary value? We get general store credit essentially and can buy stuff w that credit from the reworked store? Not sure what to add into it or anything, but just a thought.

I think blaming "the 1%" is kind of silly, that's like saying richer people in RS Maingame are turds because they were there before you and already have good gear. It's all a process to get to where they are I think. They hoard the items because they get lowballed pms for a measly 20m short of an already 50m discounted offer (no offense). Some people work for the items and want what they want for it. If you don't want to pay, find elsewhere or earn it yourself, simple as that. They don't want your extra items they don't need just because you can't sell them, nor are they obligated to and shouldn't be shamed for denying the offer. :/

edit: Also, 30 hours to make money is nothing starting off. We don't join the server to be end game instantly. There SHOULD be that progression to make lower tier gear have value. If I joined and already made a decent range setup in the first day, I'd say that's pretty good to start and make more money with? That's the whole purpose of adding the dexes to the loyalty shop. If you want to have good gear, it takes a little bit more than a couple hours to get it. There is no "get rich quick schemes" like gambling because you lose a sense of accomplishment/interest once you get what you want, or become toxic and never stop taking until you're a different person behind the monitor.

tldr oversaturated, need bigger item sink still  Well Idea Pt.2?

Respect your response 100%. You’re about the only one under my thread who has had a genuine reply and didn’t try to change the topic away from the original post. Most people under here didn’t have anything to say so they took my gambling suggestion I @‘ed the owner with and they used that as their reply lol. Which I shouldn’t have even put that suggestion under this topic because it’s irrelevant for the actual reasoning I made this post. And you’re right. A huge problem in this server right now is people undercutting prices. That’s a whole other problem, and honestly may even be bigger than the topic on which I made this thread for! For some reason my comments under this thread is starting to look a lot like @ryandunn’s comments under his thread where he addressed the economy. Everyone gets defensive and sensitive over the discussion about these problems. Why? Because they’re a part of the reason this problem even exists and if things were to be put in place (an example: undercutting prices being illegal, not saying this would happen also not suggesting it and also not saying I’d be against it either) it would hurt that player’s pockets. There’s problems right now that everyone wants to ignore and I promise it’s gonna come back and bite the server in the ass in the future if it’s not addressed and fixed. At this point it doesn’t even seem like you can have a discussion about things on here because people are toxic as hell. The crazy thing about this server is it’s no doubt the best RSPS I’ve ever played. The best. I’ve played hundreds. But It might also have the worst player base of any of those hundreds of RSPS I’ve played. Everyone on here has egos. It’d be nice to be able to have a discussion about things with friendly agree/disagreements instead of a bunch of 25 year old grown men having an ego over a RSPS.

For that, I do respect your reply. Probably the only one who gave an actual reasoning to his response, and in a friendly manner.

• Love 1

10hp loser.png

22 hours ago, Rn Nick said:

and just in your defense. this just happened like 2 minutes ago

this is legit the reason the eco is fucked.

smfh.png

You should ping me the next time you decide to make me (and 10hp) look bad. 

Yes, the SGB story is true. They immediately rebounded back up to 1.4B the following day. but due to the incredibly high supply and less demand because of said supply, they went to 800m extremely temporarily.

No, I'm not actively encouraging him to 'destroy' a market- and even if I was, that is what player controlled economy can lead to.

Back to the main point, not sure why posting an out- of -context satirical  picture gives your post any sense of legitimacy. These are just words with nothing backing it up.

19 hours ago, Rn Nick said:

julian.png.d854f18197eb4773cd1dbcd432a3d6a3.png

Why is this even included? This act of generosity could've been naturally done but you insisted on screenshotting this interaction and showing it to the public 

19 hours ago, Rn Nick said:

Look. right after i made this post i came across this guy at home who made less than 50m from skilling in a day. he said most of that cash came from selling vote books. you don't think that's a problem? everyone is ignoring the facts and turning the attention to the fact a gambling suggestion was made, which had nothing to do with the problem made under this thread, so shouldn't have been included in the thread, but yeah.

No, I don't think it's a problem because he HAS SO MANY more options after that, and just isn't being told. A lot of the gp making methods in this game are from skilling itself. Did you suggest any other things to him to try? There is gp to be made everywhere in this game one way or another.

Edited by sterling
typos
  • Like 4
  • Pog Dance 1

3 hours ago, sterling said:

You should ping me the next time you decide to make me (and 10hp) look bad. 

Yes, the SGB story is true. They immediately rebounded back up to 1.4B the following day. but due to the incredibly high supply and less demand because of said supply, they went to 800m extremely temporarily.

No, I'm not actively encouraging him to 'destroy' a market- and even if I was, that is what player controlled economy can lead to.

Back to the main point, not sure why posting an out- of -context satirical  picture gives your post any sense of legitimacy. These are just words with nothing backing it up.

Why is this even included? This act of generosity could've been naturally done but you insisted on screenshotting this interaction and showing it to the public 

No, I don't think it's a problem because he HAS SO MANY more options after that, and just isn't being told. A lot of the gp making methods in this game are from skilling itself. Did you suggest any other things to him to try? There is gp to be made everywhere in this game one way or another.

The funny thing is had I not included a screenshot you were in you wouldn’t even be under this topic rn. And for the record, you’re acting like you were just targeted. You weren’t. A lot of other people like to undercut prices and fuck the eco up just like that, you literally just happened to become an example because you admitted to it in public chat right after my post was made. So yes, I used it as an example to the other guy who replied to my topic first. He was talking about people doing the exact same shit you admitted to doing in public so you were used to prove a point. Don’t get butthurt about a screenshot, nobody was trying to make you look bad :lol: I don’t even know who you are dog.

That screenshot with the new guy was meant for the top portion of the screenshot but I cbf trimming because it’s simply not worth my time. Again, stop trying to shift this away from what this thread was made for.

10hp loser.png

23 hours ago, slim178 said:

what do you mean there's  no way to make money skilling? is there no such thing as divine charges? or food or what?  you're  trying to  address a problem that  doesn't  exist lmao. why you gotta be a karen for?

i mean considering the fact all the skilling methods die in a day because people use a million clients with a bunch of alts to take advantage of said method and then the price goes down 800k in a day because a a bunch of the shit is brought into the game and there's little need for it after that, yeah. certain thing's should have an auto sell price like divination charges auto sell on g,e for xxxx so they'll never drop below that price. we need more consistency. you do realize skillers exist right my guy? there's people that join to be a skiller and stay level 3, so i don't want to hear any of the "then boss" bullshit excuses to my post. there should be a fair and equal way for everyone to play whether you want to boss or just be a level 3 skiller and make money that way and right now skilling profits are ass for 2 reasons.. 1. being theres like 15 different people who have 2-3 clients up doing that same skilling method (divinations as an example) and 2. people undercutting prices. also, nobody is being a karen, just asking for consistency for people who want to make money via skilling. as i said above, this post was made for friendly discussion, not egotistic fools coming under the thread to start shit. if you want that, pm me in-game. otherwise get off the post with the name calling and flame baiting.

10hp loser.png

4 hours ago, Rn Nick said:

i mean considering the fact all the skilling methods die in a day because people use a million clients with a bunch of alts to take advantage of said method and then the price goes down 800k in a day because a a bunch of the shit is brought into the game and there's little need for it after that, yeah. certain thing's should have an auto sell price like divination charges auto sell on g,e for xxxx so they'll never drop below that price. we need more consistency. you do realize skillers exist right my guy? there's people that join to be a skiller and stay level 3, so i don't want to hear any of the "then boss" bullshit excuses to my post. there should be a fair and equal way for everyone to play whether you want to boss or just be a level 3 skiller and make money that way and right now skilling profits are ass for 2 reasons.. 1. being theres like 15 different people who have 2-3 clients up doing that same skilling method (divinations as an example) and 2. people undercutting prices. also, nobody is being a karen, just asking for consistency for people who want to make money via skilling. as i said above, this post was made for friendly discussion, not egotistic fools coming under the thread to start shit. if you want that, pm me in-game. otherwise get off the post with the name calling and flame baiting.

People shouldn't be able to gain as much money skilling as people do PvMing. PvMing requires infinitely more amounts of concentration and skill, skilling requires you to click once and wait a little bit.

• Pog Dance 1
Spoiler

j36pvJj.png
lNpArm5.pngunknown.pngYISNFhw.png

image.png

There's a few things I have to say about this and I'm going to try my best to be constructive without being insulting. 

Firstly, lots of people had plenty good to say, you just didn't like or agree with them. 

Secondly, undercutting has been an issue on here for a very very long time and while it is an issue, it's not the death of an entire economy. 

Third, most of the people replying to this aren't the ones undercutting.  A perfect example to that is @foxx who can't stand undercutting and the way the GE works. 

Fourth, skilling profits are not something you can ever expect to be as stable as PvM profits.  You barely work at all while making cannonballs and the demand for them come and go.  Whereas the demand for decent weapons/armor are ALWAYS constant. 

Fifth, You absolutely can make plenty of cash through skilling, but you cannot expect that cash to be made instantly.  As I said above, the demand for skilling products are ever shifting and that's not a Velheim issue, that's a reality that has existed in RuneScape ever since it began.

Sixth, people do in fact have egos, that's a reality of humanism.  Some people absolutely will go as far as they can to defend their actions or the things they love/enjoy, which includes you.  There are plenty of people who have had valid arguments to what you're saying but you only agree with a few.  Sometimes it could seem like it's you against the world but just because those people are being a bit over the top doesn't mean what they are saying isn't true.  Yesterday you went off in the friends chat and I read many valid arguments to what you're saying by multiple people.  @NubonmyPC, @shiny shinx, @foxx All these people had great arguments to what you are saying but you chose to take them as ego driven insults.  Which Is on you, not them.

Finally, this is a small, but decent community, and you will learn that people are allowed an opportunity to voice their opinion.  But if you happen to voice that opinion in a channel that 100 people are able to see at one moment in time, there is going to be some arguments.  There are going to be people who disagree with you.  That's not Velheim, that's every rsps to ever exist.  Ever.  @ryandunn learned this the hard way and that's why he made the post he did.  He realized complaining in an nonconstructive manner in the friends chat wasn't going to change anything, it was just going to annoy people.  (No offense Ryan I still love ya)   You've been here for barely a month and a half and are arguing with people who have been here from 1-3 years.   Of course they are going to have strong opinions about it.  That's a reality of life.  No game is 100% absolutely amazingly perfect and no game ever will be.  You take the good with the bad and you roll with it.  You do your best to make that game better without shooting yourself in the foot.  Which from what I've seen, is just what you've done.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Iron Agnes said:

There's a few things I have to say about this and I'm going to try my best to be constructive without being insulting. 

Firstly, lots of people had plenty good to say, you just didn't like or agree with them. 

Secondly, undercutting has been an issue on here for a very very long time and while it is an issue, it's not the death of an entire economy. 

Third, most of the people replying to this aren't the ones undercutting.  A perfect example to that is @foxx who can't stand undercutting and the way the GE works. 

Fourth, skilling profits are not something you can ever expect to be as stable as PvM profits.  You barely work at all while making cannonballs and the demand for them come and go.  Whereas the demand for decent weapons/armor are ALWAYS constant. 

Fifth, You absolutely can make plenty of cash through skilling, but you cannot expect that cash to be made instantly.  As I said above, the demand for skilling products are ever shifting and that's not a Velheim issue, that's a reality that has existed in RuneScape ever since it began.

Sixth, people do in fact have egos, that's a reality of humanism.  Some people absolutely will go as far as they can to defend their actions or the things they love/enjoy, which includes you.  There are plenty of people who have had valid arguments to what you're saying but you only agree with a few.  Sometimes it could seem like it's you against the world but just because those people are being a bit over the top doesn't mean what they are saying isn't true.  Yesterday you went off in the friends chat and I read many valid arguments to what you're saying by multiple people.  @NubonmyPC, @shiny shinx, @foxx All these people had great arguments to what you are saying but you chose to take them as ego driven insults.  Which Is on you, not them.

Finally, this is a small, but decent community, and you will learn that people are allowed an opportunity to voice their opinion.  But if you happen to voice that opinion in a channel that 100 people are able to see at one moment in time, there is going to be some arguments.  There are going to be people who disagree with you.  That's not Velheim, that's every rsps to ever exist.  Ever.  @ryandunn learned this the hard way and that's why he made the post he did.  He realized complaining in an nonconstructive manner in the friends chat wasn't going to change anything, it was just going to annoy people.  (No offense Ryan I still love ya)   You've been here for barely a month and a half and are arguing with people who have been here from 1-3 years.   Of course they are going to have strong opinions about it.  That's a reality of life.  No game is 100% absolutely amazingly perfect and no game ever will be.  You take the good with the bad and you roll with it.  You do your best to make that game better without shooting yourself in the foot.  Which from what I've seen, is just what you've done.

5102EEA0-B95C-4BF7-BE57-688E774F0886.jpeg@Iron Agnes