Locked Tamed Animals Should Work Differently

AngelDawn

Hi, so this game is one of my favorites.
However, I have to cry after my tamed animals every day.

The tamed wolves are not very smart. One of our wolves ran off and we can't find it in the meadows so we assume it's dead. Would be nice to get a notification when a tamed animal dies. 

Another one of our wolves was found super far from where i left it and I don't understand how it makes sense for them to run all the way to other biomes when i make them stay. Why can't we see them on map like we do other players? I think tamed animals need more work put into them. The way they react to things around them just makes it really hard to keep them alive.

My second tamed wolf got killed by bowman skeletons it couldn't get to. The wolf was just standing there getting shot at and died. I didn't even have time to take it to my base and it was dead. Why don't they run off or hide for a bit when facing enemies that are for sure gonna kill them? It makes no sense for us to be unable to set them to passive mode where they wouldn't attack enemies or would run off when facing them. 

In addition to how the wolves act the boars are impossible to keep alive. I have tamed boars 4 times now. The second I get to a good number of around 6 baby boars they get killed by raids. Which always go for the boars first! Before I can even get there all my boars are dead. And they attack the enemy also even when it's dragurs they have no way of defeating. Why don't boars run away from enemies? 

I've had my boars in a pen this whole time. I first had a weak fence then upgraded to a stakewall. Suddenly I had swamp raids spawning in INSIDE my boar pen. I'm not even kidding. I had three draugrs spawn in there and kill the boars. Even if i start attacking the raiders the boars run right into the attackers and get one-shot killed. 

I tried to read online how to find my tamed wolf and I've seen many others have faced this same problem. I think tamed animals are such an important part of the game but it doesn't feel immersive when it's a 24 hour job to try and keep them alive for just 4 hours before they get murdered again. 

I'd also love if my animals would follow me through portals (since trolls kill my wolves on my way home) but I understand why that's not a feature. 

What I would love to see in the game: 
-Tamed wolves to show on map
-Tamed animals to not go all the way to the other side of island when you make them stay
-For us to be able to put tamed animals in passive mode so they only attack when we tell them to

I know more things are coming to the game and it's being made better and better. I looove the hearth and home update! But this is one of my favorite parts of the game and it makes me so sad to see my animals die like this. No one might even read this but I hope something is done about the disappearing wolves/attacking enemies when they shouldn't issue. 

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, AngelDawn said:

Hi, so this game is one of my favorites.
However, I have to cry after my tamed animals every day.

The tamed wolves are not very smart. One of our wolves ran off and we can't find it in the meadows so we assume it's dead. Would be nice to get a notification when a tamed animal dies. 

Another one of our wolves was found super far from where i left it and I don't understand how it makes sense for them to run all the way to other biomes when i make them stay. Why can't we see them on map like we do other players? I think tamed animals need more work put into them. The way they react to things around them just makes it really hard to keep them alive.

My second tamed wolf got killed by bowman skeletons it couldn't get to. The wolf was just standing there getting shot at and died. I didn't even have time to take it to my base and it was dead. Why don't they run off or hide for a bit when facing enemies that are for sure gonna kill them? It makes no sense for us to be unable to set them to passive mode where they wouldn't attack enemies or would run off when facing them. 

In addition to how the wolves act the boars are impossible to keep alive. I have tamed boars 4 times now. The second I get to a good number of around 6 baby boars they get killed by raids. Which always go for the boars first! Before I can even get there all my boars are dead. And they attack the enemy also even when it's dragurs they have no way of defeating. Why don't boars run away from enemies? 

I've had my boars in a pen this whole time. I first had a weak fence then upgraded to a stakewall. Suddenly I had swamp raids spawning in INSIDE my boar pen. I'm not even kidding. I had three draugrs spawn in there and kill the boars. Even if i start attacking the raiders the boars run right into the attackers and get one-shot killed. 

I tried to read online how to find my tamed wolf and I've seen many others have faced this same problem. I think tamed animals are such an important part of the game but it doesn't feel immersive when it's a 24 hour job to try and keep them alive for just 4 hours before they get murdered again. 

I'd also love if my animals would follow me through portals (since trolls kill my wolves on my way home) but I understand why that's not a feature. 

What I would love to see in the game: 
-Tamed wolves to show on map
-Tamed animals to not go all the way to the other side of island when you make them stay
-For us to be able to put tamed animals in passive mode so they only attack when we tell them to

I know more things are coming to the game and it's being made better and better. I looove the hearth and home update! But this is one of my favorite parts of the game and it makes me so sad to see my animals die like this. No one might even read this but I hope something is done about the disappearing wolves/attacking enemies when they shouldn't issue. 

I can only assume that you are referencing the game "vAlheim", we are "vElheim" (a RuneScape Private Server). 

You can find Valheim's forums here: https://valheimforums.com/

• Like 2
  • Kekw 5

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

• Nhs locked this topic