Locked The Revenant Ripper: Twenty Weeks's journey to the Chaos title

Twenty Weeks

The Wilderness, a vast, desolate wasteland that serves as a mockery of the luscious green plains that it once was. The God Wars ravaged it and left it as naught but a land of death and decay, patrolled by vicious mercenaries and nightmarish monsters. 

But even among them, a tale of a man fueled by nothing but hatred for the undead has formed. Deep within the recesses of the Forinthry dungeon lie ancient ruins patrolled by the ghastly apparitions of various monsters that died during the god wars. To most, the heat of the roaring magma, appearance of undead spirits and the constant risk of losing all you are carrying with you would be a deterrent to stay far away from Forinthry dungeon, but not this man. A man who's face is covered in a vicious-looking spiked helmet, who's weapons have bathed in the essence of thousands upon thousands of these Revenants. Even the most hardened mercenaries of the wilderness learned to avoid this man, for his mind? His mind is pure chaos.

That man is me, hi! I'm Twenty Weeks. If you've seen me in-game at any point during this last month or so, you'll probably have seen me complain about Revenants one way or another. In my bossing guide, I got the chaos elemental pet on 6 kc and my brain thought how cool it wouldn't be to get that full log done at a low KC, because reasons, I suppose.

Strategy & Statistics

Spoiler

While I think no one should go for this log under current conditions (see feedback spoiler tab), I will share my strategy for power farming Revenants here.

Perks I think are cool that you should get for this:

Perslaysion (100% mandatory, allows you to force revenant tasks)
Herbivore (Double potion timers are neat, and mean you can usually complete a task in a single overload sip)
Lucky 7 (I guarantee you'll start making your own paranoid RNG theories at some points during this grind, but the extra droprate really does help)
Coin Collector (Alternatively you can have a toolbelted Enhanced Gold Accumulator)
Charm Collector (Alternatively you can have a toolbelted Charming Imp, like I did)
Any Legendary Pet to pick up drops from Revs.

Arch relics:
Hand of Glory (Luck of the Dwarves) because obviously
Dharok's Memento to add a tiny bit of extra dps when Revs knock you low. Far from mandatory, though

My gear set-up was like this for the vast majority of my grind: 

MQDtBim.png

A regular slayer helmet, soul wars cloak, demonhorn necklace, Revenant Bane 1-handed weapons, proselyte chest and legs, rune boots, culinaromancer gloves 10 and the Asylum Surgeon's Ring (i). The goal of this set-up is to maximize your prayer bonus while providing you with the increased damage and accuracy from the slayer helmet and rev bane weaponry.  It's a relatively low-risk set-up, as you'll protect your weaponry and bounty emblem with your biggest loss being a Slayer helmet which I've made for anywhere from 250k to 2m, depending on black mask prices. You'll turn a profit with this grind, though, as you'll naturally earn a lot of money from Revenant gold drops and bounty hunter statues.

What about Ghost Hunter/Salve Ammy?

I have done a couple 100 kills with an absolutely maxed out ghost hunter + salve e load-out. However, with the max hit being 1500 and only 2 revenants being able to outlive that the only thing this set-up adds is the potential to 1-shot a single revenant you weren't able to before while also destroying your prayer bonus, meaning you'll be sipping prayer doses much more often which is annoying. As long as I maxed out my prayer points before a task, I'd rarely hit 0 prayer even on long, extended trips. Prayer bonus is your best friend during this grind.

Vampyrism/Penance?

Vamp serves as a nice passive healing bonus that I'd often use when it was off-cd, but it's not mandatory. There will be times where revs seem to absolutely max out on you and you're forced to eat some food, but all in all it's generally overkill in terms of healing. Penance can be used if you decide to go with a higher dps, lower pray bonus load-out.

My inventory looked as follows: 

9osIfVb.png

Fairly self-explanatory. The teletabs serve as a nice 1-click teleport below level 30 wilderness. The holy overload potion sustains my prayer and stat boosts, I bring 1 prayer pot for emergency sips and a few bites of food in case they are needed. Luck potions aren't part of the inventory by default, but I do all of my kills with them active to maximize droprate. 

The black-and-white hexagon is a Revenant Drop Enhancer which you can either obtain from the bounty reward shop or as a drop while on-task doing Wildy slayer. Each enhancer lasts for 1000 Revenant kills and boosts your rare drop-rate. If accurate by RS wiki standards, it should give you around a ~10% higher chance of obtaining rares. You'll naturally stack these up from drops or as a reward from the shop.

The Bounty Emblem is going to upgrade itself as you do Wildy slayer, with your first one appearing after you complete your very first task. Each completed task adds 100 ''potential'' with the final emblem being at 3k, meaning 30 tasks to max one out. You can then choose to turn these in for Bounty Points or Deathmatch Points . Bounty points will buy you cool-looking t87 weapons such as Decimation (bow), Annihilation (mace) and Obliteration (staff) with Deathmatch points buying you more drop enhancers. I tended to turn 1 tier 10 emblem into 4000 Deathmatch points, bought 20 enhancers with them and then converted the other emblems I'd max out to Bounty Points to buy these t87 weapons while my enhancer supply lasted. Note that enhancers *are* lost on death, meaning that 20 enhancers doesn't necessarily mean you'll actually get to kill 20k revs with them.

Route was as follows:

S3T4kLU.png

This route means you pretty much kill every Revenant within the ruins. Note that the ones near the starting point (Rev imp) aren't implemented on Velheim. At the end of my route (Revenant ork) I tended to go straight for the Dark Beast, Goblin and Pyrefiend (4, 2, 3 respectively) instead of running back down to the imp spawn. I'd only kill that imp once at the start of each task.  There's some merit to claiming this might not be the most efficient route, as you could focus on only doing high level revs to maximize drop chance, but I found it was more effective for me personally to just run all the way and do a full sweep. Anything at the height of the green triangle near 13/number 5 is sub-30 wildy, meaning that you could make a ''safe'' route that never trespasses above that to give you a quick teleport away if PKers are around.

Spoiler

My total Rev KC is as follows:

mWQEOen.png

For a grand total of 19,060 Revenant Kills for the full log. +1 extra dark beast kill which for some reason isn't in my adventure log. 

Speaking of, here is said full log:

9EQWVWz.png

Note that this log doesn't include any items not on it that are on the same droptable from revs, including Mandrith statuettes and Corrupt Ancient Warrior's equipment.

My most common items were the Corrupt Dragon Scimitar, Statius' Platebody and Morrigan's Throwing Axe. I might get an admin booty to do a deep dive on the total drops I've received from revs that are not showing up in the table here. 

- I didn't get a duplicate on 3 items, the Statius' Full Helm, Morrigan's Chaps and Vesta's Platekirt.

- My first item was the Corrupt Dragon Full Helm, my last was the Vesta's Plateskirt. I received 3 Corrupt Vesta's Plateskirts before receiving a normal one. 

- The revenant that completed the collection log was the Revenant Vampyre

I also wanted to complete the Wildy Log at the same time, where I killed 252 Lava Strykewyrms for all of their uniques (very lucky). I've received ample drops from Revs that are both part of the coll log as well as those that aren't, here's my wildy uniques log: 

va9vc4m.png

Despite showing 3 Rev crystals, I've only ever received two.

I've also gotten a ton of Brawlers, here is most of them that I haven't already used:
x1M55ci.png

I've done a total of 260 revenant slayer tasks to finish this log.

Feedback and closing thoughts

Spoiler

I think this grind was quite a doozy. It's probably the most annoying slayer log by far due to the excessive amount of RNG involved with uniques. When I was going for the Vesta's plateskirt, I had a 1/58 chance to roll the table, with a 1/61 chance for it to be the item I needed. I know that's what I signed up for, but I do have a few things that I'd like to personally see changed for the sake of future madmen that want to go for this:

- Make it so that corrupt versions of Ancient Warrior's Equipment count for the coll log. I'd be done several thousand kills earlier if this was the case. This is also the way it works on RS3.
- Make the revenant pets more accessible, either through drops or through the Bounty Point shop. Before being moved to Soul Crystals as drops, the rev pet and their upgrades were purchaseable for 4k bounty points each from the wilderness slayer shop. As it stands now it feels like these things have a 1/10000 droprate, which reflects my own experience. Considering there's a total of 14 tiers of Rev pet to unlock before you're done, I'd love to see this changed to make it more accessible. 

Other than that, all I can say is good luck and godspeed if you want to go for this grind yourself.

A wall of text, a bunch of disjointed thoughts and way too many numbers. I'd say that's a good reflection on my rev grind. What's next? Why, completing every slayer log there is of course! Just kidding, unless?

Thanks for reading,

Guus/Twenty

rrfont4.png

• Like 1
  • Pog Dance 2

To do what I've preached.

Founding member of Bandits

Tip: Do NOT bring the Bounty Emblems with you if you are carrying items that will protect over it. You can kill the monsters you have as a task until only one kill is remaining then you can run to the bank grab it and finish the final kill to minimize any risk of losing said emblem.

7 hours ago, Xaris said:

Tip: Do NOT bring the Bounty Emblems with you if you are carrying items that will protect over it. You can kill the monsters you have as a task until only one kill is remaining then you can run to the bank grab it and finish the final kill to minimize any risk of losing said emblem.

Sure, this is a safer if slightly more tedious approach. Provided you're praying protect item and don't have a ton of expensive rev drops on you (at which point you should bank anyways) this set-up means you always protect your bounty emblem.

To do what I've preached.

Founding member of Bandits