Locked Feedback & Suggestions Are Everything

General Joe

Good Afternoon Everyone,

If you haven’t met me, I joined within last week and have been extremely active in-game to get all the experience I can (both from a game aspect and because I’m a classic player).

However, I know I’m new so “what do I know”, but I have seen so many comments that people say that are: staff don’t listen to comments, staff don’t care about suggestions, suggestion section is a joke, there’s no point they don’t listen.

However on the other end I have not seen the forums being utilized by players as much either to express these suggestions. Not sure if it’s just something new happening, but, the forums are supposed to be a place for activity as much as in-game to help be the backbone of creativity, imagination, and growth suggestions to build the amazing server we all play today, Velheim!

The purpose of this post is to bring back the liveliness to not only the forums but more importantly for the players in-game to feel as if they are heard. I would love see more in-game announcements of reminders such as “Just a reminder! All suggestions are welcome as we strive to grow and create this incredible community and served - visit ;;thread (blank)” or whatever necessary forum command and # is appropriate. But suggestions should not stop there, but also be open for a discussion and possible voted if it follows what the Owner and staff see would benefit the server and players! This could also give way to revamp the suggestions section and clear out old content post. *Im not saying this isn’t happening, just suggesting players get more involved in forums so it’s not just a place for words but a community, I think the staff is doing great!

Before someone says “there is a section for that”. This may be true but it isn’t being utilized and ideas having receptivity is another! I just want to bring life back to these forums because as a new player, forums are an amazing place to start and learn while also growing inside the community!

Thank you all for reading this post and I hope it comes off correctly! I think our staff is doing so great and I hope everyone in-game sees that, and trust/utilizes forums suggestions for in-game growth, creativity, and awesome ideas. This is how served grow and continue to thrive with community input!

Again this is a suggestion, and I would love for more forum activities and in-game suggestion forums being used!

- General Joe

• Like 2

• Administrator

Very wholesome. I also would like to see the forums utilized in your aforementioned aspects. I do prefer discord as a direct way maintain communal activity, that being said the forums can do with a bit more life than it recently has shown. Love the initiative. 

• Love 1
Spoiler

271789489_5019120834798894_5792072320771275491_n.jpg.e67b3a2a2c074cf3e8bd9ff2652f162f.jpg

Spoiler

c68a6092a85d0aa9505af919fe4acaa2.png65d4b717daf98bb3467d145ea39cceb2.pngf1e03d634f715f6c59d52578e31814b2.pngf3333ca2d0e49179f94cc3ae4005c069.pngd5e4f7f9cfadc4831077f8a16c6c9ea5.pngdb6149d436d338455f2804b5a0a4f257.pngdbda619b4b0a5eeb81add9c2603a8015.png29a6b7f5f0d39735f4909d3a1fcfd501.png

• Founder

The main reasons I closed suggestions is that a lot of people tend to make quick posts with 20 words in them saying "add X cuz it's cool", after which if their idea is not getting looked at/being worked on - they throw a tandrum. "Oh my gosh sand doesn't care to add 250 ideas in under a weeks time". Bare in mind most of those ideas usually taking days to code, each.

Feedback is always open, yes, but suggestions nowadays are just a way for players to express their opinions, it's like twitter pretty much believe it or not.

Either way, my goal is to try and replicate RS as much and as close as possible, the "add gwd3" (ie.) ideas aren't even need to be posted. It's just about what I feel, want, to work on at the time of me sitting down in front of my computer.

Those were my 2 cents about suggestions.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

• 2 months later...