Locked Voting / promotion of server

Argentina rs

Hey! 

I fucking love this server, been playing for almost 3 years and everytime i see the player count drop it kills me :C . We had a couple months ago low peeks of players and all of a sudden it went back up. Saying this... SANDSTORM ... you are the one that managed to make this server so popular back then and today. So you are the one who knows what to do and what not to do. Maybe my suggestion (that u probably already have in mind) is stupid and of course you are the one that decides what to do. 

1) Voting IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THE SERVER . I try to do my best to vote everyday on both my accs. Maybe its time to bring back the double vote books from voting like back then? especially with the low player count we are having currently? And maybe increase the velheim coins prices for every certain votes. 

2) Promotion of server: SAND. A couple months ago when u said lets keep rolling, u mentioned that u invested in new advertisement of the server.. im  not sure if that helped or not and of course its your money and you are the smart one here and im just a guy trying to help but maybe with my little knowledge im saying something thats not worth it. Maybe its time to get more youtubers again to promote the server? Or advertisement in more pages idk. Its probably expensive for you but maybe the recovery from people joining its worth it since a lot of people donate irl money ( i would love to but im poor lol, thats why i do my best to vote everyday). 

3) This has been said serveral times... but ill say it again. Maybe now its time to add a new game mode to the server. For example iron man classic or idk if there are any other game modes to be added, cause maybe it motivates old people to come back to make a new acc and start from 0 on a new game mode. 

4) Is there anyway to get the new skill of rs3 on here? Im not even sure about the new skill of how it works cause i havent played rs3 ever again. But maybe being the first or one of the first servers to have that skill on here brings a lot of people? Maybe this takes tooo much work and since its related to combat maybe its imposible to bring it to server. Idk, just mentioning just incase. 

Im sure you are working on great updates (battlepass for example) that hopefully bring a lot of people back and new people! You are the smart one here again, so you are the best to decide what to do of promotion of server etc, just wanted to mentioned this to maybe make you think about the topic a bit more and maybe it brings you ideas of what to do to get this server Back to where it belongs full of people ( i swear its such an awesome server that deserves way more people in it). 

I Hope this server never closes. I love it so much and idk what i would do without it . 

MUCH LOVE. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

image.png.7a58dc53928b9ad56e50e221dfc7375d.png

image.png.f3235239d3f42053ef1ec873aad77d8e.png

5.6b.png

image.png.99d14933f1833ad6c45dc11ebc39b0a7.png

Edited :

First of all, I want to start with that i like the server, it is really unique with the combat being like OS but still rs3 stuff. Shout out to Sand for this!!! And I know how hard it is to get everyone happy (you can’t).

But this can also be a thing which people don’t like ofc, since it harder then rs3 for some people (example: pray flicking etc.) So, this also makes it harder to get people I guess

And I know how hard it is to get everyone happy (you can’t).

Getting new players is one but keeping them is a second.

We could try a lot of things to get new people, but we currently are also losing a lot of people. I think there needs to be a balance between that, there are a lot of things that could be changed so that people stay, and no need to add something new.

There are a few (I believe) "small" things that can be changed to get people to stay.

OFC new things are also nice, but I don’t know what other game mode would be a thing, so I am not exited for that. And necro is going to have a huge impact and hell of a lot of work for sand I am afraid. Personally, I don’t think it makes sense to add it here. 

A bigger thing: I just think we might need a better balance between combat styles, ofc when aoe is needed melee and mage make sense, but in High level pvm that’s not needed, and range is just so op. This would also make prices a bit better for things, ranged items are much more expensive than the others, this will also mean that other bosses will be done more. Since it all can make money.

Edit:

And ofc we also need new players, and a good way will be advertisement, and a good high position on the server list. Thats how I found this server, seen an ad, but ad first I ignored that wanted a bussier and higher position server then many that advertised at that moment, so when i saw it high in list I checked it out :D

I rather see Sandstorm fixes and adding missing content (like some things in Archeology for example) before we would need a new skill.
As for a new mode I would go for a classic iron man or a true hardcore mode with no extra lives (die and your account is done or reset).

• +1 1

18.png12.png Cap'n Ahoy (1) #6
22.png10.png Ultimate Ironman Stephanoski (2) #7
17.png8.png Silver (0) #24
Ah0y (0) #4 kots '24

• Administrator

I'm down for a new gamemode (10x Tradeable always piqued my interest) and maybe more QOLs that enhance the new player experience, but as said multiple times before - Necromancy is a big negative because of the cache (as is other content from the latter half of the 925 cache).

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

As a classic enjoyer myself I would love an Iron Man with Classic xp rates. The only reason I don't play Iron Man atm is because the xp rates.

For advertising, this server has maintained top 10 across multiple RSPS sites for a long time now. I think the best advertising would be new/completed features imo

I am truly, in love with this hidden gem and would be absolutely SHATTERED if Velheim isn't sustainable

So @Sandstorm, good sir, this is my advertisng pitch, that I will want to execute to promote this server to the masses

Objective:
1) Promote Velheim RSPS in a unique way , in the priority is to brag the GAME PERKS aspect that the Server offers to provide a significant yet not overly broken, boost to the quality of life in the game play

PROJECT: SLAYER (cum Reaper?) LOCKED only Ironman with the Preslaysion Game Perk

Gist: Purely making a character that's strictly reliant on slayer tasks for progression in any form of skilling, etc
Character loudly shows the capabilities of the Preslaysion Game Perk which can make even the grindiest of grinds possible!

Exceptions: Character get to access maybe a few, but not limited to, some D&D that the server offers to once again, showcase what the server truly offers

• Game Moderator

I'd like to see a return of King of the skill

however we don't need to be handing out irl cash as rewards however maybe some in game uniques restricted to said king of skill accounts

also expanding our advertisements to twitter/facebook will help a ton

• +1 1

Game modes:

Lower the Normal Game mode from 200x to 50x.

Lower the Novice Game mode from 50x to 10x. (as a novice player i feel the xp rate is too high for my taste)

(Maybe lower the Ironman xp rate if they community wants that as well to eg 5x)

New ironman Classic mode of 2x.

Potential Seasonal game mode? Need ppl to vote on that, but eg. You have x-amount of months to compete. Could have certain limitations/restrictions for each season. Eg: one seasons you have permanent aggression potion effect(creates a challenge)

Winners are rewarded with the Crown of Supremacy which eventually becomes the Crown of Legends. Along with the crown, players also unlock an emote and a new title corresponding to the competition that they won. New hiscore, maybe even some irl money rewards for the top 3. Especially give not only new player a chance of exceeding in hiscore but also for veterans to have something new to fight for.

Voting

I'd like to see the return of mystery boxes with maybe new items in them for Vote party, should encourage more to vote. A billboard hiscore for voters, top monthly/overall. Through this billboard players might be able to claim rewards instead of staff members have to manually add it :shrugs:

PVM

I really like to see something like this implemented to encourage more pvm and introduce new players to all the bosses. Can also have something similar for skilling, currently double xp in fishing guild for 1h or whatnot.

TASK

I still think a Task/achievement system will do wonders, help new players on their feet. I can imagine a lot of new players have no clue where to start,

Prestige

I'd liked to see prestige billboard hiscore in-game.

Battlepass

Even tho some might critique it, i still think it's a good thing. Perhaps even some daily logins for new players? constantly log in for 10 days in a row, each day they unlock something which might help them on the grind.

Advertisement

ZS8v6er.png

I'd recommend a new updated banner(animated one) plus update some of the text with more new relevant content. Probably some staff member can assist with it or player.

Youtubers wise, i mean, I see some of them put like zero fucking effort into the video which is just shameful. Like they record for 30min edit in 10 and call it a day(not you noob). So not sure it's right way to go tbh, unless it's a series base. Road to max/comp/gw3/telos weapons etc etc.

Maybe a new website design, i think i know a team who could make a cool one. First introduction is quite important one.

A trailer? a proper trailer would be neat, less than 1min to showcase what the server has to offer (perfect for those with short attention span)

C*nt move, get bots, advertise on f2p rs3 servers.

Community manager

Having a community manager would be nice, so what's their job? more or less create events, skilling, hide n seek, pvm, pvp, blah blah blah. They will get an exclusive icon/title as well payed for their work. Now, rather than hiring some random inbred from another RSPS who works as a CM there, i'd recommended to looking at the player base instead. Someone who has been around for a while, who knows the server more or less in-n-out. Someone with good interpersonal skills, who plays alot.

An example is how Alora Community managers handle it. Seems to be highly appreciate by that community.

• Like 4

yyUGgRX.gif

Spoiler

5fykfZT.png

Vfq9KMH.png Top notch mod response

Dr43bVV.png

HtDQuEI.png

MmmxLIm.png

ImpFutp.png

gsJ07BN.png

• 2 months later...