Mining Skilling Gude - 1-99+

Arcadiez

j0Cbb5j.png

Rz4uJwL.pngMining is a gathering skill that allows players to extract ores, gems, rune essence, geodes, and other resources from rocks throughout the map. Mined ores can be smelted at a furnace, turning them into bars that can be made into metal objects using the Smithing skill, Construction skill, or Crafting skill. On the World map, mines and mining sites are identified with a lump of ore.

Mining Rework Info

Basic info
With the rework of the Mining and Smithing, means that it has some changes compared what you may be used to.

First of there are more ores, bars, pickaxes/Equipment(find info below) and they are changed to fit more their respective tier. Example Runite ore which is a tier 50 armour used to require 85+ in mining and smithing. Now Runite ore is a tier 50, requiring 50 in mining and smithing.

Also Equipment/armour can be upgraded to a "+" version, example Elder rune pickaxe +3. By using the equipment on an Anvil(make sure the equipment is repaired if it has been used in combat)

Advance info
Mining rocks do not deplete anymore. For each strike on a rock, the player will make progress towards gaining an ore.The amount of progress gained will depend on the player's Mining level and the tier of pickaxe that they use. Additionally, 10% of the player's Strength level is added to the player's progress gains.

Stamina
At level 15 Mining, players unlock the Stamina mechanic, with a base of 100 stamina. Following every swing, stamina is drained and refills completely whenever a rock is clicked. Stamina is a multiplier to the damage formula. The Stamina increase with increased mining level. The player's stamina is increased by 1 for each Agility level (including boosts).
100% stamina = 100% damage, 1-99% stamina = 90% damage, 0% stamina = 20% damage;

Experience
Although not every swing grants an ore, every swing grants experience based on the damage rolled for that swing. The damage made on that swing is multiplied by the experience multiplier of that rock

Ore box
You can also make ore boxes which can store ores for you.
Follow the link below for the FAQ on ore boxes
z2i8Xw1.png

Link: https://velheim.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1035-frequently-asked-questions-faq/

Equipment/Items

95Gqpme.png

Game perk

8ZooyXQ.png

Equipment

Vf0Cuw5.pngMining cape/master cape: +5% double ore chance. Whenever double ore is received, bonus XP equal to the level requirement to mine that rock is awarded.

WHWeKv8.pngThe magic golem outfit is a Mining outfit acquired from combining the sapphire, emerald, and ruby golem outfits. Once combinedThe pieces of the sapphire, emerald, and ruby golem outfits can currently be collected through gemstone golem fragments (which requires level 70 Mining) and combining these with the Invention skill at level 20 Invention and level 80 Mining.

Familiar

ULaEx6H.png Lava titans summoned at level 83 in Summoning will give add + 10 damage per swing, while mining.

hEpl43N.png Void ravagers, summoned at level 34 in Summoning will add + 1 damage per swing, while mining. If a scroll is used, there is an additional +1 visible boost.

iKv1aAC.png Desert wyrms, summoned at level 18 in Summoning will add + 1 damage per swing, while mining.

B5eM6N1.png Obsidian golems, summoned at level 73 in Summoning, will add + 7 damage per swing, while mining. If a scroll is used, Strength is given an additional +9 levels, leading to a total +8 damage per swing (unless your Strength is a multiple of 10).

Aura

DWlWPOa.png

0Msxr8m.png

• Quarrymaster aura 5,000 Loyalty points.
  • Increased critical hit chance when mining 2%
  • Greater Quarrymaster aura 14,000 Loyalty points.
  • Increased critical hit chance when mining 4%
  • Master Quarrymaster aura 33,500 Loyalty points.
  • Increased critical hit chance when mining 6%
  • Supreme Quarrymaster aura 58,500 Loyalty points.
  • Increased critical hit chance when mining 8%
  • Legendary Quarrymaster aura 119,000 Loyalty points.
  • Increased critical hit chance when mining 10%

XazmqbD.png

• +2% geode chance when Mining.
  • 10% chance to give an additional red/crystal-flecked sandstone which does not contribute towards the daily limit.
  • 10% chance to not deplete a resource when Woodcutting.

Mining Urns

Invention perks

Best perk combination to use for mining is.

• Gizmo 1: Furnace 3 + Honed 4
  • Gizmo 2: Polishing 3 OR Refined 3
  • Honed is an Invention perk that causes a tool to have a higher chance of success when used. 2% per rank
  • Honed is made out of 5x Sharp or 5x Silent components
  • Furnace is an Invention perk that has a chance to consume a gathered resource for double the normal experience.
  • Furnace is made out of 5x sharp or 5x imbued or best chance 5x dragonfire components
  • Polishing is an Invention perk that has a chance to transmute a gathered resource to a higher tier. 3% per rank.
  • Polishing is made out of 5x Oceanic components or 5x Dextrous components
  • Refined is an Invention perk that increases the chance of finding a geode from mining rocks.
  • Refined is made out of 5x Enhancing components or 5x Resilient components.

Useful Items

1WYbzqV.pngAllows transport of ore to your bank once your inventory is full. Grace of the Elves which you can add porters to and gives the chance of Seren spirit to spawn.

• Luck rings increases the drop rate of metamorphic geode instead of an igneous geode.
  • Amulet of glory Increases geode drop chance by 1%
  • 7vYQ6Sm.png Brawling gloves(mining). When wielded, 50% XP boost is given at the entrance or outside of the Wilderness, with the buff increasing to 300% (4x the experience) at level 47 Wilderness just south of the fenc

Strength boosting items

• Dragon battleaxe special attack
  • Potions: Super/extreme Strength, overloads.

You can also make ore boxes which can store ores for you.
Follow the link below for the FAQ on ore boxes
z2i8Xw1.png

Link: https://velheim.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1035-frequently-asked-questions-faq/

Varrock armour from Varrock Achievement Diary
iu3Ini8.png

A stone spirit is a Mining-related item dropped by various monsters. When a player mines a specific ore while holding a stone spirit of the same type in their inventory, the spirit is consumed, granting an additional piece of ore (i.e. doubles the ore rate). No additional experience is awarded for the extra ore.

Each type of stone spirit stacks with its own type. All stone spirits are tradeable. There is one type of stone spirit for each of the core ores, silver ore, and gold ore.

l7tXyRS.png

Pickaxes

rafvvH1.png

You can upgrade your pickaxe by using it on an anvil

Eqd6xsJ.png Bronze pickaxe. This Pickaxe is given freely when an account is created, residing in the tool belt.

• Requires level 1 in mining to use.

OyeAK6b.png Iron pickaxe. This Pickaxe can be bought from Bob's Axes, in either Lumbridge, Market or smithed.

• Requires level 10 in mining to use.
  • Can be upgrade to +1

RYybgeX.png Steel pickaxe. This Pickaxe can be bought from Bob's Axes, in either Lumbridge, Market or smithed.

• Requires level 20 in mining to use.
  • Can be upgrade to +1. Requires level 30 in mining to use.

W9bZRoI.pngMithril pickaxe. This Pickaxe can be bought from Bob's Axes, in either Lumbridge, Market or smithed.

• Requires level 30 in mining to use.
  • Can be upgrade to +2.

dd6WBmM.png Adamant pickaxe. This Pickaxe can be bought from Bob's Axes, in either Lumbridge, Market or smithed.

• Requires level 40 in mining to use.
  • Can be upgrade to +2.

C7CnWqJ.png Rune pickaxe. This Pickaxe can be bought from Sacvvo's rune store in champions guild, Market or smithed.

• Requires level 50 in mining to use.
  • Can be upgrade to +3.

uJV8Ugb.png Inferno adze. This Pickaxe is obtained from fire spirits. It requires level 92 Firemaking. It can be used as a hatchet (equivalent cutting speed to the dragon hatchet) or as a pickaxe (equivalent mining speed to the rune pickaxe), with an added effect of a roughly 30% chance of burning logs as they are cut, giving both Firemaking and Woodcutting experience.

• Requires level 50 in mining to use.

b40IFtx.png Orikalkum pickaxe. This Pickaxe can be bought from players selling in GE or smithed.

• Requires level 60 in mining to use.
  • Can be upgrade to +3.

R0toOOf.png Dragon pickaxe. This Pickaxe are rare drops from monsters on the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield , can also be bought from players selling in GE,

• Requires level 60 in mining to use.

xRf2fMG.png Necronium pickaxe. This Pickaxe can be bought from players selling in GE or smithed.

• Requires level 70 in mining to use.
  • Can be upgrade to +4.

39ZYWo5.png Crystal pickaxe. This Pickaxe is obtained by trading in a Dragon pickaxe along with 4,000 harmonic dust to Lady Ithell in the Ithell area of Prifddinas.

• Requires level 70 in mining to use.

TUuLuET.png Bane pickaxe. This Pickaxe can be bought from players selling in GE or smithed.

• Requires level 80 in mining to use.
  • Can be upgrade to +4.

mCsp97S.png Elder rune pickaxe. This Pickaxe can be bought from players selling in GE or smithed.

• Requires level 90 in mining to use.
  • Can be upgrade to +5.
  • A +5 version is the best pickaxe in game, however it's not augmentable, which the Earth of song is.

w0TOyUJ.png Pickaxe of earth and song. The Pickaxe of Earth and Song is created by combining a blast fusion hammer, a crystal pickaxe, and an imcando pickaxe at any anvil.

You can obtain the Imcando pickaxe pieces from Shooting Stars when trading in your Star dust to the Alien

You can obtain the Blast fusion hammer from the Blast Furnace Foreman in keldagrim for 1 million gp.

KpdpOUz.png

• Requires level 90 in mining to use.
  • Pickaxe of earth and song has the same stats as a Elder rune pickaxe +5, but is augmentable.

Special: Skillchompas

You can use skillchompas for Mining. It's an expensive method and may be hard to get supplies for, but it's good EXP.

• +5% EXP on Unsuccessful mining action.
  • +10% EXP on Successful mining action.

8XLdYFT.pngCNjRMiu.png

Ores

ZAlideX.png

41knnQS.png Copper ore

• Requires level 1 in mining to mine.

XD9Wamj.png Tin ore

• Requires level 1 in mining to mine.

kGGgNom.png Iron ore

• Requires level 10 in mining to mine.

9tBbh2k.png Coal ore

• Requires level 20 in mining to mine.
  • Concentrated coal deposits require Mining level 70.
  • Location Concentrated coal: Living Rock Caverns

BJPfNoi.png Mithril ore

• Requires level 30 in mining to mine.

gDkRf0x.png Adamant ore

• Requires level 40 in mining to mine.

4rN1Pf4.png Luminite ore

dFbreMi.png Gold ore

• Concentrated gold deposits require Mining level 80.
  • Location Concentrated gold: Living Rock Caverns

G8pCgK3.png Runite ore

• Requires level 50 in mining to mine.

iLHL1rb.png Orichalcite ore

• Requires level 60 in mining to mine.

2BlekAT.png Drakolith ore

• Requires level 60 in mining to mine.

kzLKCvv.png Necrite ore

• Requires level 70 in mining to mine.

sABzYHs.png Phasmatite ore

• Requires level 70 in mining to mine.

VpiVM31.png Banite ore

• Requires level 80 in mining to mine.

Jy0YaAB.png Light animica ore

• Requires level 90 in mining to mine.

fYlwGIB.png Dark animica ore

• Requires level 90 in mining to mine.

Special

OeWu8A1.pngVarious gem rocks have now been organized into five tiers requiring 1, 20, 40, 60 and 75 mining respectively. The higher tier gem rocks drop better gems.

Gz5cMw4.pngSeren stones

• Requires level 89 in mining to mine.

0JIJGqk.pngBoth red sandstone and crystal-flecked sandstone rocks.

• Requires level 81 in mining to mine.
  • Location: Red sandstone teleport and Ithell district in Prifddinas Crystal flecked sandstone.

Mining 1-99

zU9Y4iq.png

Level 1-14

XD9Wamj.png41knnQS.pngCopper or Tin ore

• Requirement: Bronze or Iron pickaxe

Level 14-25

kGGgNom.png Iron ore

• Requirement: Iron or Steel pickaxe

Level 25-35

9tBbh2k.png Coal ore

• Requirement: Steel pickaxe or Mithril pickaxe

Level 35-48

BJPfNoi.png Mithril ore

• Requirement: Mithril pickaxe or Adamant pickaxe

Level 48-58

4rN1Pf4.pnggDkRf0x.pngLuminite or Adamant ores

• Requirement: Adamant pickaxe or Rune pickaxe

Level 58-75

G8pCgK3.pngRunite ore

• Requirement: Rune pickaxe or Orichalcite pickaxe

Level 70-80

9tBbh2k.png Concentrated coal

• Location Concentrated coal: Living Rock Caverns
  • Requirement: Rune pickaxe or Orichalcite pickaxe, but recommended to bring even better pickaxe.

Level 75-89

kzLKCvv.pngsABzYHs.png Necrite or Phasmatite

• Requirement: Orichalcite pickaxe, Dragon pickaxe or Necronium pickaxe

Level 80-89

dFbreMi.pngConcentrated gold

• Location Concentrated gold: Living Rock Caverns
  • Requirement: Orichalcite pickaxe, Dragon pickaxe or Necronium pickaxe, but recommended to bring even better pickaxe.

Level 89-91/99

Gz5cMw4.pngSeren stones

• Requires level 89 in mining to mine. AFK training
  • Requirement: Orichalcite pickaxe, Dragon pickaxe or Necronium pickaxe, Crystal pickaxe, Elder rune pickaxe, Earth and Song pickaxe

Level 91-99

Jy0YaAB.png Light animica ore

• Requirements: Dragon pickaxe or Necronium pickaxe, Crystal pickaxe, Elder rune pickaxe, Earth and Song pickaxe

fYlwGIB.png Dark animica ore

• Requirements: Dragon pickaxe or Necronium pickaxe, Crystal pickaxe, Elder rune pickaxe, Earth and Song pickaxe

99+ (200m)

rOtKQgk.png

I would recommend doing Seren stones as they're afk and give pretty good experience. Also use all sorts of boosters.

Gz5cMw4.pngSeren stones

Powermining concentrated gold is pretty good experience per hour

dFbreMi.pngConcentrated gold

Special

Wilderness Warbands

Wilderness Warbands is a Distraction and Diversion where the player or a group of players attempt to loot supplies and trade it in for experience. One of the possible loots are Mining supplies. Players can loot up to a maximum of 25 supplies per camp up to 3 camps daily (75 supplies). Turning the supplies to Quercus will give players experience based on how many supplies they have looted and what their current level is.

Shooting Stars

Shooting Stars is a repeatable Distraction and Diversion.They fall in waves every 2 hours. The stars can be from size 1 (10 Mining required) up to size 9 (90 Mining required). Bigger stars give more stardust in total, but are much harder to mine. If you reach your limit of 200 stardust, you can still carry on mining the star for Mining experience. Mining stars give players stardust. 200 stardust may be turned into the Alien once the star has been broken. for rewards.

• 25% chance to receive double ores when mining for up to 15 minutes of in-game time.
  • Coins
  • Runes
  • Stone sprirts

Divine rock is one of the fastest method of leveling up mining.

Divine location with all boosters is the fastest EXP in game. However you're restricted on how much you can collect per day and it depends on your Donation rank. You can find more info by typing ;;topic 584 in game or following the link below.

Link: https://velheim.com/...o-transactions/

giphy.gif

wDqhJrD.png

Congratulations on achieving level 99 Mining! You are now one step closer to maxing your account!

How about getting 120 and achieve the Master cape?

• Like 2

yyUGgRX.gif

Spoiler

5fykfZT.png

Vfq9KMH.png Top notch mod response

Dr43bVV.png

HtDQuEI.png

MmmxLIm.png

ImpFutp.png

gsJ07BN.png

• 51 years later...