Locked Repairing Augmented Armors

Frozenbolt

This forum post is intended for discussing opinions regarding the latest poll.

I see that changing the t90+ and its augmented variant to require base components to repair is something most beneficial to our community as at our current status we have a growing community and player base number is increasing really fast, we have a huge new players number and we (the ones who care about Velheim) should be looking forward to keeping this snowball running.

Keeping that snowball running requires rebalancing of many things to fit the present, a while ago we didn't the number of players online around the hour not even at peak times, so @Sandstorm had to lower the roof to make Velheim enjoyable for its present players at that time and boy it was!

Repairing gears using their base components opens a new field for money making specially for low-mid tier players,  and based on my experience that tier is where one decides if they continue this game or quit for good.

Finally I want to express my astonishment from @Sandstorm for putting such a case on a poll >.< like for real sand?? for real????? just kidding you do what you want boss <3

The method to obtain sirenic scales is already in game. New players coming in 200x xp don't farm it. People with augmented armor don't require more. Therefore the scales are never being camped by higher level players that need to repair their own sets. But new players don't camp and make their own sets usually, the spots are generally bare. Why? Ask this and you may see why 51 players voted no to making it repairable with scales/energy. 

That being said, I had no problem with making money off of scale/energy farming just recently even with the current system. We have a constant influx of new players everyday that need to gear up so they can "enjoy the game" which is to most people end game bossing and getting sweet drops. 

Forcing the current players with the sets to require the energy/scales will just take the availability of scales/energy away from the newer players because the players that have been here longer will overpay for their scales/energy so they don't have to farm it and can go back to telos or nex or any other higher boss. Leaving the new players that want to buy the scales helpless because they cannot compete with players that have way more gold than them. You are severely underestimating the fact that people play a private server and most pick the high 200x rate because they do not want to grind consistently unless it's end game bossing. 

Adding onto this, this server is not RS3 with multiple worlds to switch between if all current spots of farming scales are occupied which could again cause a lack of ability for new players to grind the scales themselves with the older players camping the scales. 

In short, this wouldn't actually effect the longer players since they could afford to overpay/constantly camp the spots; but it could harm new players chances of getting their own sets at all and as you said "that is the point where they decide if they want to stay or quit." 

31 minutes ago, Satanical said:

The method to obtain sirenic scales is already in game. New players coming in 200x xp don't farm it. People with augmented armor don't require more. Therefore the scales are never being camped by higher level players that need to repair their own sets. But new players don't camp and make their own sets usually, the spots are generally bare. Why? Ask this and you may see why 51 players voted no to making it repairable with scales/energy. 

That being said, I had no problem with making money off of scale/energy farming just recently even with the current system. We have a constant influx of new players everyday that need to gear up so they can "enjoy the game" which is to most people end game bossing and getting sweet drops. 

Forcing the current players with the sets to require the energy/scales will just take the availability of scales/energy away from the newer players because the players that have been here longer will overpay for their scales/energy so they don't have to farm it and can go back to telos or nex or any other higher boss. Leaving the new players that want to buy the scales helpless because they cannot compete with players that have way more gold than them. You are severely underestimating the fact that people play a private server and most pick the high 200x rate because they do not want to grind consistently unless it's end game bossing. 

Adding onto this, this server is not RS3 with multiple worlds to switch between if all current spots of farming scales are occupied which could again cause a lack of ability for new players to grind the scales themselves with the older players camping the scales. 

In short, this wouldn't actually effect the longer players since they could afford to overpay/constantly camp the spots; but it could harm new players chances of getting their own sets at all and as you said "that is the point where they decide if they want to stay or quit." 

I will have to disagree with you about most of the points you made, drop rates here are not comparable to rs3 so the supply will almost always be higher than the demand.

Going to the point where u mentioned "spots", again this is not rs3, we may have some places where you can drop cannon and go wild, but we do have the aoe capabilities rs3 players have, and when i was at earlier stages i didn't bother doing that and went to kill scutarius because its drop rates are way higher, add on that the spots in asc dung where u can farm are uncountable its not just here and there and there, the dungeon is huge inside.

Let's not forget that supply/demand is enough to decide if old players are going to camp or not, as i said above drop rates here are not the same as rs3 and if supply beats demand you will have stacks over stacks of that item in ge cutting its price making it bad for older players.

As i stated on the poll: Think this is a win win situation for both sides;

"Agree 100%, But perhaps increase the repair cost more. Or if possible to use both method were the scales repair more. Preventing them from being obsolete. Either you have to pay more coins to repair or obtain the scales for a cheaper repair method per charge "

yyUGgRX.gif

Spoiler

5fykfZT.png

Vfq9KMH.png Top notch mod response

Dr43bVV.png

HtDQuEI.png

MmmxLIm.png

ImpFutp.png

gsJ07BN.png