Locked Curses/Ancients/Lunar Codex

Sprout

Opened a thread because everyone that was asked to discuss it on forums has not yet shown up so let's begin!

Popular opinions gathered in-game so far. (Forgot who said what so they have became fairy-tale folk)

Papa bear - Prices too high? 

Momma bear - Loyalty point generation too low?

Baby bear - Everything is just right?

Little red riding hood - No warning of update?

The lumberjack - You can boss with chaotic weapons but not curses?

Grandma - New players will log out?

The twinkling little star - Loyalty points 1m per 1k?

May not be 100% accurate

I currently have no opinion on this as I don't have the required information to comment, last time I checked a long time ago I got around 1m loyalty points for about 800 hours playtime but this didn't have voting boost or afk reduction taken into account so I don't have a realistic number of hours it would take to unlock them all. 

• Like 2
  • +1 1
  • Upvote 1

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

I think that was a terrible update. Everything else in the update log was awesome, tons of helpful things added/fixed. I have over 80 hours played while voting twice a day every day, and I wont be able to afford curses and ancients until another 100+ hours played while voting twice a day. 

Personally, I won't be playing anymore until something is done about it. 

• Thanks 1

I was going to start my own post but I'll just jump on this one.

While today's update brought a lot of good with it, it also brought a lot of controversy.

While I completely understand the logic behind wanting players to earn Curses and Spell books, the price is just way too steep.

With Loyalty also being required for Auras it's just not feasible for new players and even some veterans that don't play as much or don't stay logged in the reap all the afk points.
Perhaps you can offer an alternative payment method to them, vote points for instance.

After buying the necessities from the vote shop I've come across an abundance of vote points because there's nothing else worth spending them on besides a Party Hat, maybe.

Where as in my 768 hours played, there are still a lot of auras I could invest into.

Not all of them being necessary or useful is besides the point but if you did want to buy all the skilling auras those end up costing upwards of 150k+ loyalty pts each.

Another option to all this would be to just outright lower the cost of them.

They would still have to be earned but would be more approachable for new players and those who do not play day in and out.

• Thanks 1

Might as well add a quest or two for these instead of having to stay online for 100 hours before you can have them for loyalty points?

They're quite important part of the game. I would quit if I couldn't use ancients/curses once I have the levels.

It's a RSPS after all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sprout said:

The twinkling little star - Loyalty points 1m per 1k?

May not be 100% accurate

claimed. It's not a bad deal XD... but anyways. With this update, a lot has changed. Much of it is kind of like, why? Some of it I can understand whether it have been gone about the wrong way is irrelevant (as that will be fixed hopefully) Quest locked isn't a bad idea. Maybe introduce people how to USE THE WIKI FOR SIMPLE THINGS? Maybe show how to use teleports/search etc. I also believe having things upped to value rs3 goal isn't fair. There we already few people with original Final Boss title, but now we have to do another 90  Kilns/Fight Caves? Why. Maybe 20, but 100 total? Come on now. There's tons of other content to do/needing attention to give feedback on. This being an ultimate grind is upsetting, letalone the possibility of anyone ever getting Golden Final Boss... (with the exclusions of the people who abused the old Pet DR back in the day)

• Thanks 1
Spoiler

NubTamp.png.924c7b74dab70e77f2a6ef68e0f2e40b.png

christmasyelp.png.83aaa0b32d0a6c3271b4a33fac56bf43.png

FinishOnEm.png.0130e5eca73e61960820dc7a1be8eeb9.png

sterlington.png.068f23a82617bb30b97e78fa7c33c9ca.png

10hpspices.png.89105ca07e417efe74251ff9f51cd29d.png

SterAtMe.png.21c58956d834372faafbbaf03a74248b.png

ScytheSig.PNG.af04697501f899bcda57120eb72ee605.PNG

• 1 month later...