Make Bloodwood into a Daily outside of wilderness.

• Game Moderator

As we know the bloodwood tree at Soul Wars is protected by sandstorm, I suggest that we unlock it by putting a limit on how much a player is able to gather from it daily. We could even have it to where sapphire or emerald ranks unlock the tree and as you progress your rank you can collect more daily. Keep in mind we need to abide by rule#18 and not alt farm it, limit to 3 accounts.

Sticking a bloodwood tree in Donor zone would be ideal since you need to be a donor to access it from the start, players gathering for the tree would interact more and frankly I don't visit regular Donor zone enough anymore anyways either other than for urns.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

We've inquired about utilizing the trees outside of the Wilderness multiple times. Before people say things like "that would remove wilderness content," keep in mind that the wilderness content is heavily restricted already hence why people just stopped grinding out their necessities that require wilderness activity for obvious reasons in the first place.

We all know that the wilderness is the wilderness and that you shouldn't go out there if you're not willing to die a million times whilst gathering resources and such, but that shouldn't be the defining factor to why we cannot get access to said resources outside of the wilderness. 

Unlocking and adding a limit to the bloodwood trees outside of the wilderness for players and increasing with donator rank would be very nice to see for many different reasons.

All in all, I can't see any reason why this would have any negative side affect on how the game is played or enjoyed, so that's a +1 from me 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Game Moderator
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Devy said:

We've inquired about utilizing the trees outside of the Wilderness multiple times.

Gather our "pitch"forks! 

Edited by Hydronix
you see what i did there?
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In my opinion all bloodwood trees should be available for players to have access to. I don't understand why they're not as it is restricting content. Absolute +1. If we can't have the bloodwood trees I do see the one outside of the wilderness given a daily amount that scales with donor status; as more than fair middle ground for the parties who think restricting bloodwood trees improves the game. I really hope this is seriously considered and not shrugged off.

Thank you for suggesting this! <3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

Personally, I would like to see the trees outside the Wilderness have an individual limit per day until they are depleted and respawn on daily reset, and the max number of logs obtainable being scaled with the player's total experience dependent on gamemode (as opposed to total level, since that would incentivize making quick 200x EXP alts to farm the trees) - or simply being limited on a per-MAC basis.

• Like 2
  • +1 2

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

- "The bloodwood tree is a tree that grows only in places of prominent bloodshed and violence, being some of the rarest trees to be found on Gielinor." (text taken from RS Wiki);

- Also collected from RS Wiki: "The main appeal of the Wilderness is that it offers many lucrative combat and skilling opportunities, albeit with greater risk of death."

- Screenshot taken from wilderness warning, absolutely self-explainatory, nothing more to say.

image.png.f273d58094363e795de6aab5ce4d6e3b.png

Based on this information presented earlier, i see that keeping bloodwood trees in the wilderness is essential, especially in the following aspects:

- Economic: From the bloodwood tree you can fletch bis bolts (bakriminel bolts), that is, the most valuable and expensive. Changing their location will cause prices to fall drastically (Law of supply and demand), losing market value for those who make money with them.
- Pking scene: it is there for everyone, who does not use, can not discriminate or complain of who uses. It's one of the ways that keeps the game active too.
- Risk-to-profit ratio: Anything that has a high profit, then needs to take a high risk to get it. All the items in the game that are expensive, are difficult to get, there is a logic in that.

By these means, I don't see any positive point for server in unlocking and adding a limit to the bloodwood trees outside of the wilderness. My vote is -1.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Hmm 1

4 hours ago, Brazil said:

image.png.f273d58094363e795de6aab5ce4d6e3b.png

Based on this information presented earlier, i see that keeping bloodwood trees in the wilderness is essential, especially in the following aspects:

- Economic: From the bloodwood tree you can fletch bis bolts (bakriminel bolts), that is, the most valuable and expensive. Changing their location will cause prices to fall drastically (Law of supply and demand), losing market value for those who make money with them.
- Pking scene: it is there for everyone, who does not use, can not discriminate or complain of who uses. It's one of the ways that keeps the game active too.
- Risk-to-profit ratio: Anything that has a high profit, then needs to take a high risk to get it. All the items in the game that are expensive, are difficult to get, there is a logic in that.

By these means, I don't see any positive point for server in unlocking and adding a limit to the bloodwood trees outside of the wilderness. My vote is -1.

I would agree with this,

Although, if we follow the rs3 lines as sand intends to, they are 5 bloodweed trees outside the wilderness that can be utilized.

They are multiple other bolts that are as good as them.  (Specially that most people cant afford blights, then the bolts scales down to t90).

Without counting on RS3, we've completely made the wilderness an option for players to do wilderness activity. if they want to activate it and PK, they can.

-In the Gorajo Hoardstalker Dungeon in Prifddinas, Meilyr
-Near the Darkmeyer Arboretum
-Mahjarrat Ritual Site
-Soul Wars
-Manor Farm

Here's my suggestion;
To have a middle ground, make bloodweed tree available OUTSIDE the wilderness, based on daily (max of 7.5k/Mac address). If people want more, then, they can go in the wilderness.

Or

Make the wilderness able to have it safe, just like rs3 but with a twist.
-1 hour per day you can toggle to Max "Safe Wilderness" which you can travel in the wilderness being safe
-After that 1h, you automatically become "pkable". 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Meow 1

2dWssCm - Imgur.gif

1 hour ago, Captn Levi said:

Make the wilderness able to have it safe, just like rs3 but with a twist.
-1 hour per day you can toggle to Max "Safe Wilderness" which you can travel in the wilderness being safe
-After that 1h, you automatically become "pkable". 

I liked this idea, however, suggesting some changes:

- Time reduction, from 1 hour to 30 minutes per day. Also, if you teleport out of the wilderness, that time is lost and cannot be reactivated until the next daily reset.
- After those 30 minutes, you become skulled and can be "pkable"

• Like 2

• Game Moderator
On 4/2/2024 at 9:44 AM, Brazil said:

I liked this idea, however, suggesting some changes:

- Time reduction, from 1 hour to 30 minutes per day. Also, if you teleport out of the wilderness, that time is lost and cannot be reactivated until the next daily reset.
- After those 30 minutes, you become skulled and can be "pkable"

maybe once a player is skulled there's an increased rate of how fast they can gather recourses from the tree further incentivizing high risk high reward gameplay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hydronix said:

maybe once a player is skulled there's an increased rate of how fast they can gather recourses from the tree further incentivizing high risk high reward gameplay.

It's a nice suggestion too, but it's something more difficult to code imo. 

• Like 1