Locked Future updates.. plans...?

Sandstorm

Polls for changes are the biggest thing.

I personally would also like to see more events, especially for SOF, The beach event was a good event, props to making that happen. Another thing for SOF, if we aren't wanting to change it to treasure hunter, we should at least add in some of the new TH promo items into the circulation, or make them event based. (shining stars, hydra lamps, smouldering lamps, stardust, etc). SOF gets a little stale, I feel adding this stuff would give donations more value as well. 

I agree with some other things that were said above as well, such as the FC enforcement, adding more 120 skill content, the fact KOTS was so poorly advertised and the prize pool was MASSIVE, boss highlights increasing drop rates for a period of time, community events, buffing dual wields, etc.

I'm not a gambler personally but I have to agree that it is a losing point for some people, as some people are addicted to it, and games like this are the perfect place for them to do non self-destructive gambling, I think we should allow it in moderation.

Two things I'd have to HEAVILY disagree with is the auto-sell option at 80% of value, this would massively inflate the economy and create an even worse influx of GP. I agree with the concept, but definitely not at 80%. The other is increasing GP gain, I'm an ironman and I have 700M (and I've dropped plenty to buy bonds on my normie too) and I've hardly even bossed yet, I'm not sure how people are struggling to get GP.

As for forums suggestions, pls make the new badge thing smaller, maybe put it above the awards, looks super tacky as it is right now.

The last thing, and I've mentioned this before, but there are a lot of small little things in typos, missing examines, etc that just come off less "Complete" about the server to me, if you ever want help with small annoying coding tasks, you can feel free to ask me to fix them, I have plenty of coding experience, but I also agree with whoever said adding another developer in would be a good idea, take some work load off yourself while increasing your development output.

• Like 1

q86xnqrq2ykz.png "Ultimate Oni" - Top 5 Ultimate Ironman

18px-Defence-icon.png?94c29 "Oni" - Maxed 10hp Defence Skiller

Special_cup.png?91832 Top 10 finisher in the 2021 King of the Skill event

KEK-EGGS.png

B0aty is spot on about what he's saying. The only way to get an active PvP community would be to have NPC's/Bosses that would provide a faster and more consistent way than anything outside the wilderness, however, since no drops outside the wilderness are changed, people are not forced to go and try the method, it is their choice. He's talking about OSRS, but this also directly relates to Velheim's situation too.

However, the core difference between the two in this situation is that Velheim has nothing to lose and only more to gain by establishing some money making methods in PVP. 

Keep this in mind as this would be a great way to introduce a PvP community and also promotes intermingling of both PvM and PKers.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:03 PM, Ultimate Oni said:

I'm not a gambler personally but I have to agree that it is a losing point for some people, as some people are addicted to it, and games like this are the perfect place for them to do non self-destructive gambling, I think we should allow it in moderation.

My question is, exactly how do you moderate gambling? How do you stop the rich who can afford to gamble a lot of gp just becoming more rich and thus inflating the market further? How do you stop people scalping money from people who don't know rules? How do you police for scammers?
I think the only answer to all of these is to have staff run gambling games and nobody wants to sit and be the dealer all day, I bet.
To only have them at certain times of day, well, there's always someone that will miss out and complain because of it, so not really fair considering time zones and the variety of RL schedule commitments.

kashasig.png

On 7/17/2021 at 1:24 PM, ivana tinkle said:

I love this server its the best ive played tbh i find it better than actual rs3 the no pay to win is amazing dont feel like cos im poor im excluded my main problems are.

• The chat gets out of hand quite often and can be offputting
  • im an iron man because normal exp rates are either too high with well active at all times or too low
  • more bosses would be nice i dont know if its possible to merge some oldschool bosses into this game as the combat system is more oldschool than most servers

this would include the wildy bosses witch would insetivise the pvp people an give them people to pk while there in there

• maybe add a reputation for each town/region u can work towards to unlock goodies and add the achievent diaries for more locations not everyone plays to hit things( just saying i love hitting things ) so like miscellania but world wide but also should focus on fun rewards so it dont end up feeling like u have to grind it daily or lose your soul should feel optonal rather than forced

over all tho i love the server an look forward to playing each day

oooh region/town/city/race rep would be really cool to have!

18.png Cap'n Ahoy #6
22.png Ultimate Ironman Stephanoski #7
17.png Silver #24
Ah0y #4 kots '24

• 4 weeks later...

I think the pvm in this game is too easy, maybe buff the bosses a lot while nerfing some stuff and adding some defensive abilities? it would make pvm more rewarding and upgrading gear feels more of an upgrade

I definitely don't have anything helpful to bring to the conversation... But! I just wanted to say that I have been playing this server for two weeks now and it is my favorite RSPS I have ever played! I am having a ton of fun and I appreciate all of your hard work man. Stay true to the player base you have and it will grow.

• Like 1
  • Love 1