Locked Future updates.. plans...?

Sandstorm

I love this server its the best ive played tbh i find it better than actual rs3 the no pay to win is amazing dont feel like cos im poor im excluded my main problems are.

• The chat gets out of hand quite often and can be offputting
  • im an iron man because normal exp rates are either too high with well active at all times or too low
  • more bosses would be nice i dont know if its possible to merge some oldschool bosses into this game as the combat system is more oldschool than most servers

this would include the wildy bosses witch would insetivise the pvp people an give them people to pk while there in there

• maybe add a reputation for each town/region u can work towards to unlock goodies and add the achievent diaries for more locations not everyone plays to hit things( just saying i love hitting things ) so like miscellania but world wide but also should focus on fun rewards so it dont end up feeling like u have to grind it daily or lose your soul should feel optonal rather than forced

over all tho i love the server an look forward to playing each day

• Like 2

Blood for the Blood lilly

I personally quit the server due to:

The server feels under tuned, all pvm is too easy, most bosses are just 100% afk with no mechanics, or ways 2 cheese mechanics.

All drops are super common, making u finish the game way too quick and no drops are really an achievement.

The combat change with delays to 2hs & dual wield made pking impossible, and is now just an afk dual wield fest rather than switches for k0 potentials.

Not sure how helpfull any of that feedback is, but thought I'd let u know.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I feel like people have covered most things already, so I'll add my two cents.  I'll also sub categorise them people can skip over the stuff that they may feel would have no impact on them. 

1: Altscaping and Raw Gp.

I agree that the thieving stalls, pyramid plunder and gold drops should be upped again. The answer almost every single new person asks is 'how can I make money' and I don't really have many answers (I do but I don't want everyone and there altscapes farming the crap out of it until it becomes dead content), which leads me to my first suggestion, upping gold drops, thieving/plunder cash I would also heavily re-consider the alt scaping rule and possibly lowering the number of accounts online per mac to 2 accounts (I know when it was suggested to lower it from 5 way back we had more people suggesting it to be as low as 2) or adding a new clause to the rules that if you are to log in with multiple accounts you are not allowed to do the same content type on both at the same time (because we need our charge farms tbh), I've seen this on other servers to discourage farming and as long as it's made clear it tends to work out alright, it will put extra work on the staff team of cause but I feel something should also happen to prevent us going back to being alt scape with 300 online with 150 of them being afk farms or people just afk in general. I don't think the server feels dead, it's just the 15min afk timer kicks peoples alts of because they forget about them, I feel the timer to kick should possibly be removed and it should just be made so that you stop gaining loyalty points if farming points was the issue. 

2: The suggestions section.

It's currently in shambles, I've had a look over the 9 pages and quite honestly just close them all or add a new achieve folder and put them in there until someone wants to read and sort them. There are suggestions that have been added, bug reports in there and suggestions that are just posted x amount of times. Rather than having people post suggestion threads, I'd consider having 1 thread as the old bug reports were and people comment on that thread and that thread alone for there suggestions, give moderators the ability to edit and delete other peoples posts (big up yggdrasil) so that as people post on this there comments can be deleted and the suggestion can be added to the main (first) post making it easier to manage what has already been suggested and giving the staff team more ability on the forums, so they can help you siphon through them and make sure there are not multiple suggestions for the same things or bug reports posted into suggestions. If a suggestion stands out and you feel it should have community input, have a staff member open a poll thread that'll auto lock it's self (like give away posts do) after x amount of time, giving people time to vote on bigger/higher impact suggestions. 

3: Skilling and PVM updates.

As sterling has said, I would LOVE, LOVE 120 herblore and farming but, I know this would take a huge amount of resource and time to do. There is a skilling community here on velheim and we are very much alive, we just muddle along and continue our skilling providing resources, charges, potions and what ever else the pvmers need, the past major updates have been pvm focused which is great, everyone needs updates, but just people people are loud it does not mean they should be a priority an example, for the amount of people that were asking for elite dungeons, I am extremely disappointed with the amount of people that run them, most people have only ran for the completionist requirements leaving only a handful of dedicated pvmers actually benefiting from the content. If you are at a cross roads, I would suggest again making a poll, would you prefer me to put my resouces and time into Elite dungeon 3 this month orthen digsite or big game hunter, all of which offer new content and items (elritch cbow for ed, maul from hunter, new powers from orthen) because we know that you physically can't do everything at the pace people expect so having 2-3 large pieces of development for people to vote on as your next project would be great (inb4 people start saying gwd3 when).

4: Gambling.

I've said and i'll always say, gambling is something that requires people to be of legal age to do. If you want to gamble there are other places you can do so, it's removed on runescape and I don't feel it has any place in the rsps scene and the youtubers that make 20min+ gambling videos on servers make me cringe, please don't let us be on that list. However, I would be open to having a lottery system if people want that.  I mean, this pretty much sums it up, having people just log in to gamble would help how..?

3 hours ago, mr bombastic said:

2- People are addicted to gambling, you really have types of people who just log in to gamble and not do anything else in the entire game.

5: PVP.

Ignore most people that suggest pvp content, suggestions for adding skilling stuff to wilderness and npcs is not pvp content (This is similar to when people wanting ed3 and those people don't run it, unless it's something you are going to do people, please don't waste your time or sands time on pointless suggestions or saying +1 for some shit you'll never do, I can't stress this enough #rantover). This is just adding more stuff that wont be used (cst wildy stars are mainly ignored), I'm sure Lush and whom ever else might be in the pvp scene don't want to have more content added so they can go shoot fish in a barrel (naked people that go with no risk just for the xp gain) I doubt that's any fun for them in the long run.  If you want to improve the wilderness scene here have a sit down with active pvpers (lush) or people who actively do stuff in the wilderness (that dude with the wildy locked ironman) and hash out some ideas of what they'd think would attract pkers to the server since it's there community.

I don't have much time to touch on other stuff *work zzzz* But sterling has touched on everything (I have removed stuff that is irrelevant to me and left just this stuff that i'd like to see and the stuff i'd actually use in the spoiler apart from the 2nd dev, also removed this. People are arseholes and most of them would do anything to get there hands on velheim to sell it for a quick buck, it's happened over and over in the past in the development scene, no matter how well or trust worthy you think someone is they rob 5k in donations and sell the source and client .-.), thanks for taking the time to go over everything @sterling

Adjust Dual Wielding; It is outclassed almost no matter what by 2h and is completely neglected. 

Special shout out to this one though, Dual Wielding has been like this since the 2 hit update for 2h and i'd honestly thing more would have been done by now for a better balance between them. 

Spoiler

3 hours ago, sterling said:

1. Adjust Dual Wielding; It is outclassed almost no matter what by 2h and is completely neglected.

2.  Adjust the invention perk weighting. Easier said than done and I know you're wanting somebody to bring you a more refined system for it. Ancient invention is one of the biggest gp sinks in the endgame due to the extremely rare perk combinations. You should also consider reworking some perks/adding custom additions to them (Caroming is custom anyway)

3.  Introduce further 120 skills. Herblore and Farming as 120 skills would set the path for a lot of other issues (I.E. Extreme Invention Potions for ancient invention)

1.  Most PvMers are actually bored cause of one thing; Lack of difficulty. There is no challenge in this game and as a big PvMer myself, I absolutely welcome it. Leading back to the Grand Exchange issue, a lot of these high level drops CANNOT be sold on the Grand Exchange because nobody can sell them due to extreme undercut or lack of gp circulation. Make content harder! It's not a bad thing. Make people feel like their gear is progressing and they're actually getting better for practicing the content. You can do just about anything in this game in T80 gear if not less. Accessibility is good, but too much is a curse.

2.  Host community events perhaps? Not just like, The Beach, but maybe weekly PvM events, or skilling competitions. Get your community involved and excited to not just compete with eachother, but come together as a community and enjoy eachother. For PvM events, maybe try handicaps and buffs (only use these parts of gear, but allow something very strong inbetween.)

3.  Work with your PvP community and fix the problems they all have with it. Give incentive to go into the Wilderness, face off against players, and make it rewarding. Or even add PvP based modes, like Last Man Standing, or perhaps a PvP only world where everywhere is dangerous.

4.  Provide more raw gp gain. I know you're probably sick of hearing this but the economy is in shambles because of the gp nerf. Allow people to be rewarded for doing their favorite bosses/slayer content WITHOUT being on task or on reaper assignment.
    An addition: rework the slayer and reaper reward shops. Make tasks longer, allow preferred tasks, and add additional rewards to the reaper shop.

5.  Fix some collection logs; I have the most Vorago kc in the game and I cannot complete my collection log still (add hardmode vorago cause its too easy anyway) Perhaps add Golden Reaper? And maybe add pet thresholds to encourage people to grind for their pets but rewarding them for doing it anyway.

6.  Add additional Achievement Diaries. I know a lot of people would love to see Tirannwn Quiver, Wilderness Sword, Desert Amulet, Daemonheim Aura, and Ardougne Cloak.

7. Finish the missing Arch relics and mysteries. A ton of people try to get some relics just to be told they're not coded or don't work and that kills motivation for a lot of content.

8.  Work on Anachronia more! Introduce Big Game Hunter, and flush it out a little bit more. It largely feels incomplete and the only incentive to go is for Grenwalls. Also add Orthen when you get the chance (we know you're working on it)

1. Allow more beta gameplay. I was able to test the ED3 patch and I had a ton of fun doing it and giving you some notable feedback on it all, and it's good to have an early opinion from early access so you know what to adjust and fix. Allow your players and your own staff team access to give you early feedback before throwing anything into live. We want to help, you know?
  2.  Add scaling to Elite Dungeons. Give people incentive to solo the content for higher droprates.

ED1: Fix the Ancient Scale drop for Seiryu, it's STILL severely underwhelming.
ED2: Make the Elite Dungeon Banking ability drop from Black Stone Dragon not as rare, it's the equivalent of an ECB part before ED3 patch.
ED3: Allow some use of Black Stone Hearts, and make Black Stone Arrows work. Maybe create custom passives from them, or a sigil like item like Excalibur's effect.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

To reach out to the community in such a way shows a lot of respect for your players, as the player base has for you. For a one-man team (in developing) you are doing a cracking job. 

I know I haven't been that active myself lately, and I'm sure my reason for taking a "break" is very similar to a lot of others. I started playing Velheim whilst 95% of the country was shut, couldn't see friends, family or go anywhere so it was my escape from four walls (effectively). With things reopening and the weather picking up, I've been less inclined to spend time sat inside at my desk playing games and more time outside seeing people. 

This server has a lot of potential to be the greatest. 

One thing I would love to see is some more content for "end game". Once you have maxed, got trimmed completionist cape, the only real thing to do is boss, prestige or make a new account. I agree with many of the posts made above, so I'll try not to duplicate suggestions that others have made but some things I would love to see are: 

Collection Logs

Currently there is no real "incentive" to grind out a completion log other than receiving a title and the drops obtained during the grind, which for some can take a rather long time. I would love to see some form of a reward for taking the time to tackle these. Perhaps a % RDT drop boost for that particular boss or group of NPC's or a % chance to receive a double drop similar to HSR. 

Daily Challenges

Currently we have 5 daily challenges to complete to receive some experience, some GP and lottery tickets. I would love to see an update to this system to perhaps introduce:

Spoiler

Daily Challenges

5 challenges to complete within 24 hours, resets at Server Reset

Weekly Challenges:

4 challenges to complete within 7 days, resets at 00:00 server time Sunday

Monthly Challenges

3 challenges to complete within the month, resets at 00:00 server time on the last day of the month

Potential Challenges

I think it would also be useful to add in challenges which were not just skill related, for example: 

a. Kill X monsters whilst on Slayer Tasks (rewards slayer points) 

b. Kill X bosses whilst on Repear Tasks (rewards Reaper Points)

c. Complete X daily activities (such as CST/ETT) 

d. Kill X players in the wilderness (must be on a different IP to prevent farming) 

Slayer Shop

Currently once you have purchased all of the required items in the slayer shop, there's no purpose to slayer points other than to block tasks; which with the perk is relatively pointless as you can skip for free. 

I think it would be a good time to review the slayer shop rewards to make it worth doing task streaks rather than just skipping to get the best tasks. 

Change the "Home" Location

I often find that when logging in at home, it can lagg and take quite some time to load. This could potentially put new players off. Also it would be nice to have things a little bit more spaced out (general QoL) rather than somewhat pushed together. 

Awards System

With the recent GP changes, rather than adding raw GP drops back which I know a lot of people have suggested over time, what about adding in an award system which provides each player a one time reward of GP or specific items? They could work similar to questions, but act more like the daily challenges. 

Obviously to protect the economy, I would suggest that whilst the Awards could be completed on multiple accounts, that the reward is only claimable by one account per person (per mac/IP). 

Advertising

This isn't so much of a suggestion, but more of an observation. Lately, over the past couple of months or so, I've been seeing an increasing number of sponsored RSPS adverts via social media (not dropping any names). This could potentially be a contributing factor to the drop in player base. 

Take care of yourself

You take on a lot of stress running and maintaining the server, but remember that you do need to take time for yourself as well. I see you around almost all hours of the day and I understand why with this being your passion. 

I know several people have mentioned this above, but finding someone to help with the bug fixes could allow you the extra time for yourself and to also focus more on the bigger content updates that I know you want to release. 

Just a few thoughts, together; community and staff team, we will make things great again. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Signature-sparkii_zps00eb3558.png.5c4bed58ff1252902a8f0116e791800d.png

image.png.bb9f9fac3adf17ccefecef8cc1cbb5f8.pngunknown.png

image.png.c9c03d004c6d9d56b1986f9bf58b141b.png image.png.f255806fa2cec1c0fbcd368504b87e63.png

I'm sitting in the salon waiting to get my hair cut so thought I'd add my 2p to this while I'm here, will probably edit when I get home to add more. 

First and foremost, @Sandstorm I applaud you on creating and curating this server, it's an often thankless task, I know from experience (have dev/run my own server and been admin of a couple of big ones in another game) People complaining 24/7 can really get you down. Please, please don't let it make you think Velheim is dead, it's still up there in the top lists and you've asked earlier than later for help from a community that is (mostly) full of decent people with a love for your version of this game. We can climb back up!

I'd like to echo what some people have said, I'll tl;dr the points I agree with:

1.Bosses/pvm is too easy at endgame.

2. Said endgame is viewed as "easy" to get to

3. There's little in between being a poor noobie and afk bossing all day

4. Combat is very 2D, meaning it's get 2h or go home

5. Adding other little events between the big flagship ones like KotS, Beach and 3x is a great idea, liking a lot of the suggestions here.

6. Polls are a great idea and I agree with only poll between options you're willing to do.

Other things that I don't agree with or haven't been said already:

1. Please for the love of Guthix don't add gambling! As an easy fix, it works in the short term, but it's faddy and it will bring in mostly people who make throwaway accounts to see if they can gamble/cheat/cheese a ton of gp from people. If they do, they'll stay, but if they don't, they'll leave again and short term players don't build a good playerbase. That in turn, doesn't foster a good community that will stay and donate because they enjoy the server.

2. For events, you might want to consider making one of your current staff or hiring another person to be an Events Manager. Their role would be to formulate and run little community events regularly between the big ones. Of course all of them would be approved by you for content and rewards, but it would take some stress off of you.

3. Skilling content is a little bit bland. This is quite personal for me as I'm not a bosser yet. There's some good suggestions in this thread and I'd like to add maybe make the skilling pets give a small boost, 1-3% to the corresponding skill when they're summoned. That would give people a little more incentive to get them and to summon them instead of having an army of Mortys and boss pets at skilling locations.

4. More interaction on the forum, maybe some forum based events, art contests, themed costume contests, monthly quizzes, stuff that gets people involved in the community as a whole rather than just the game. They don't have to have big prizes, because they're supposed to be pretty easy, but little prizes that are seen as reachable by the everyday player are really attractive. Like the constructive feedback posts, there's actually a ton of people here who are willing to help out, get involved and not just complain! That's so rare in a PS community!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

kashasig.png

I've been playing your server for awhile now not as long as some but a pretty decent while. I love the server and you are a awesome guy and any time I've pmed you you were fast to get back to me, the server imo is best I've ever played, I agree with alot of things some have said on here, but anyways if you ever need anything lmk I'm always down to help with anything!

• Like 1

I can say after leaving for a few months and finally coming back... I can see potentially why population has declined. The 15 minute AFK timeout has probably made it drop at LEAST 60 or so at any given time. (I know i used to take naps and afk) It seems like there is a lot less people in the help chats and the server has fractured into a lot of clan chats instead, and some of those clans probably scared people off.

Some people seem to have forgotten that at ED2 release the Eldritch crossbow was only temp till ED3 came out. Maybe replace it with Blight-bound? Theres also the issues that a lot of countries have returned to somewhat normalcy and people would rather go be outside with their friends than inside grinding on a rsps. I also feel like... maybe there's a bit too much to do for new players? I had a friend join recently and he said the tutorial overwhelmed him with all the text. It been a long time since I did the tutorial so IDK what exactly it is anymore lol.

Prestiging seems to burn some people out too. I know I was all hype for 200m all, but now that I've got it... there's a lot of pressure to prestige but I also don't want to do the grind all over again. I've seen people prestige and then never come back. If you introduced Gambling in some form I feel like you'd lose more people in the long run as they would be cleaned or scammed somehow and then subsequently quit.

• Like 5

Link to previous feedback

Velheim Vision:
#1 718+ RSPS PvX

Increase Player Retention:

• Gotta keep the players that are most involved in the community interested by listening to their suggestions and implementing them. It keeps consistent players consistent. Gives them a reason to be here other than just the gameplay - which... it's Runescape, it gets stale and you gotta take a break. When you do this, it creates a ripple effect in the community as the entire community feels like it's being heard. You've done a good job of this in recent months. I think it has been like 10x better. However, due to focusing on larger content updates, we we'd gotten a wave of newer players and lost some of the consistent players. Most come back eventually though so don't worry too much.
  • Give players more freedom to talk about what they want to talk about. I'm still a huge advocate of creating a general-chat FC, with relaxed restrictions on rules; specifically about topics you can discuss in a civil manner, and also allowing other servers to be discussed . If Velheim continues to be in a bubble, people will just keep bouncing off. 
  • I think regular mode should probably be discontinued/retired. It allows for too fast of progression to endgame content, and people miss tons of the midgame content which you've spent the time to add as well. It's also kind of a noob trap, as the extra drop rate later on is extremely valuable. Regular mode is mostly for the prestige-gameplay now, although it wasn't previously. Regular mode you can max pretty quickly, even with SOF. Novice mode would get ppl addicted better :D Also it's weird that you can just make a classic account, and spoon-feed resources that you've farmed on a regular mode account to it for faster progression. I think novice mode should probably be the standard. It's in a pretty balanced spot. For players that are regular currently (myself included), could just leave them. All they have left to do is prestige. Over. and. Over. Perhaps just give novices an option to have exp at x200 up to level 50 in a skill, like you had exp go to x10 post 99 back in the day. 

Largest Flaw:
One Developer with limited time.

• I think it may be worth your time to look into each and every possible way you can outsource your workload to members of the community and potentially other coders. Yes, we know you don't want to release your source files, but there has to be a way for you to let others work on some files at a time? Biggest drawback to this is that you'd have to review code, and that you might find the way they coded sloppy(too many if arguments, lack of comments, etc.)
  • Good examples are when you have us Beta Test, or when you had us try to help you find animations. (I sucked, but other ppl would probs have been better)
  • Get a nanny when pushing big updates to help alleviate your spouse's suffering.
  • We've got tons of great suggestions that could be easily added by newbie coders most likely. Stuff that isn't actually worth your time, but are great QOL's.....

Fotm:

People are always gonna move around from game to game, it's just normal. Don't beat yourself up if Velheim has a drop. Also, currently there's kind of a big MMO swing going on between WoW and FFXIV, and it's likely impacting other MMO's as well. Just blame Blizzard.

• Like 1

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

9 hours ago, sterling said:

@Fulltimewife gave me the addition to this of adding an inverse to the GE system, where as of now, items can be bought at an unlimited quantity; Allow items to be sold to the Grand Exchange at maybe 80% value infinitely as well. The GE deletes the item, so there is no item bloat and it gets sunk, and gp gets injected into the economy. You'll always lose money rather than selling it to a real player, and to get items, you have to PvM for them, and that's okay. Player-to-player trades could still occur and bartering could still function in that regard.

I did suggest this at one point on the gp nerf disussion thread (no one could read it because there eyes were full of tears I guess kekw) of upping resale values or general store prices to 75% sell back rate but the people that did read it poo'd all over me because it was as auto alchers came into game and apparently it would have made them 'usless' (like the use of charges didn't already make them usless?)

I still think this is a brilliant idea and would much encourage people to pick up junk items more often, I will say this first though and it most likely will not be liked to avoid any future problematic issues uncut dragon stones should be excluded from resale, I don't think I can take another 'x' amount of months of people pointing out that moss golems is always occupied. 

sterling4president

• Love 1

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

45 minutes ago, Winter Revel said:

think regular mode should probably be discontinued/retired. It allows for too fast of progression to endgame content, and people miss tons of the midgame content which you've spent the time to add as well. It's also kind of a noob trap, as the extra drop rate later on is extremely valuable. Regular mode is mostly for the prestige-gameplay now, although it wasn't previously. Regular mode you can max pretty quickly, even with SOF. Novice mode would get ppl addicted better :D Also it's weird that you can just make a classic account, and spoon-feed resources that you've farmed on a regular mode account to it for faster progression. I think novice mode should probably be the standard. It's in a pretty balanced spot. For players that are regular currently (myself included), could just leave them. All they have left to do is prestige. Over. and. Over. Perhaps just give novices an option to have exp at x200 up to level 50 in a skill, like you had exp go to x10 post 99 back in the day. 

Do you have any idea what would happen current Regulars if they get discontinued? Would we just keep our accounts as is? Or would our accounts get knocked down to Novice xp rates?

• Like 2

Hey Sand, first of all I gotta say I Love this server and im playing like 5-12 hours Everyday. I was also sad and depressed with the player count dropping because I never want this server to close. Its the Best private server i have ever played.

My suggestions are: 

- Ive read several comments about people saying that staff members were a Little harsh on some players, saying they Dint need them, or if you dont like the server just leave etc. I would change that. I Know It could be hard recieving comments from people saying chance this, change that, It sucks. Or whatever, but if I were in your spot I would def, try to change that (I Know It's Hard). 

- Add More requirements to the comp/Trimmed cape and maybe even add a New cape (ultra trimmed cape) in which for Example you need to have All the Game perks unlocked, pets, All animations, turn in atleast 1 of certain gear or Hard ítems (for Example all phats, noxious gear etc), all tittles unlocked and maybe get rewarded with either VC/Loyalty points for every achievement completar or some new tokens with a new shop. 

- I would defenitly add More news announcements for total XP reaching (for Example ARGENTINA HAS REACHED 1 BILLION TOTAL XP IN CLASSIC MODE. also if any day u do add More trimmed comp requirements or a new ultra cape like I Saíd, announcements on completing certain Hard requirements would be nice. For Example. Argentina has finished turning in all ítems requirements for ultra comp cape. 

- would be nice if for classic accounts and all accounts if U could add a simbol in front just Like When U talk for Example, but when they right click you so they Know Ur classic without having to talk. 

- Nerf up thieving Stalls for sure a bit higher and make new money making methods maybe. Make It so that you cant be With same accounts doing same thing. That Way, they dont burn a money making method. 

-Maybe make Donation Well individual. For Example 20m to turn it on for 2 Hours but for individual boost. This will remove a lot of cash making it possible to add other ways of making cash and it not ruining eco ( I think) . 

- Make boss drops More rare

- Not sure if This is possible or if people would like It, but maybe add 200m XP cape which real runescape has not even made.. But if thats possible.. Maybe thats an optión. I would nerf regular MODE 200X and make It max 50x and chance novice to x25. Not sure if thats possible because of prestiging effects. But maybe if someone prestiged 4 times  in x200, they would only Have 15 Prestige levels. If thats not possible, just add new modes like people mentioned in other comments. 

- Make events like, double slayer points on weekends and what other People mentioned in comments above about this. 

- Add lottery system for sure , Gambling no. It will make a lot of people join, but also a lot of people quit. In the long run, More people will quit I think. Its Hard for me to say this, but im addicted to Gambling. I Don't Want to end up quitting because of that. 

- I would def get someone to help you with Coding etc. Not sure if U Know someone irl which U could trust or idk. But for you mental health it will Be Good for you. 

- I would def do another KOTS event at some point but advertirse More with youtubers if U can and on vote websites. It will make server More Known. 

- When you vote, make It so that every once in a while you have a chance of getting double vote points from a certain vote if It's possible or some Coins (for Example 10M).that would encourage more people to vote probably which will result in More votes and More people in game. 

Sand, I hope this suggestions help you. Maybe some are stupid. I dont consider my self super inteligent. Please stay healthy and calm, im sure you can make a Heck of a better server than it already is.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

image.png.7a58dc53928b9ad56e50e221dfc7375d.png

image.png.f3235239d3f42053ef1ec873aad77d8e.png

5.6b.png

image.png.99d14933f1833ad6c45dc11ebc39b0a7.png

2 hours ago, Winter Revel said:

Fotm:

People are always gonna move around from game to game, it's just normal. Don't beat yourself up if Velheim has a drop. Also, currently there's kind of a big MMO swing going on between WoW and FFXIV, and it's likely impacting other MMO's as well. Just blame Blizzard.

As a player of FFXIV for many years, I can confirm the mass exodus from WoW is causing havok there.
As far as for Velheim, I do think this and a lot of Covid restrictions being lifted is behind some of the drop for sure.

One suggestion for this is, considering the two types of RS player in my experience, maybe have some kind of special, promotion, advert and event around the school holidays?
I'm not suggesting everyone who plays are kids, but some are and another big lot are parents so there's two opportunities there. Being a pretty international community, you could borrow a lot of holidays from all over the world.

I'm in no way suggesting a huge event for every one, but I dunno, simple things like best costume contest on the forum, mini holiday themed quizzes, stuff that gets people involved in both the game and on the forum. Keep them thinking about Velheim even when they're not playing! Prizes could be as simple as one or two bonds, a chunk of gp or some resources, nothing that's going to be economy breaking but some good QoL stuff or stuff that will sell/trade easily.

• Like 1

kashasig.png

Personally I have always just been kind of in the shadows for a little over a year. One thing that has turned me off a bit is the excessive amount of freebies given out to "sponsored" players which i understand form a certain perspective but at the same time it does annoy me a little in all private servers of any game I play on(Not even a huge deal to me honestly but still an issue when you have monetization). Another thing I have noticed is the lower amount of transparency in everything going on like it used to be which again I can understand form a certain perspective. The only other issue I had was more of one on my own end and that is just lower desire to play at the current moment in time due to other things going on in my personal life. You do have to remember a lot of weird situations happened in the past year as well that contributed to there just being a ton of more people online playing these. Now its not so much the same so its to be expected to normalize slowly. I'll always be around hopping in every now and then to say hi and spin the wheel :3 I am glad I hit my new years goal of 200m exp in all skills though ;)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

vdZ9Sov.png