Locked To be a completionist - Twenty Weeks's road to Trimmed Comp Cape

Twenty Weeks

Hey Velheim.

Coming up on 2 months playing, I've really grown to love this server and have, if I say so myself, come a long way from grinding out Soulgazers off-task not knowing that I was ruining my chances at a Hexhunter bow.

Now, I've set my eyes on a goal that'll make me feel like I've at least done a significant amount of relevant content: I want to obtain the completionist cape and trimmed completionist cape at the same time.

I'll be using this thread as an update thread for my progress and hope to entertain at least 1 person including myself doing so. Having said that, this is where we stand:

Max Cape: Finished

Comp Cape: Finished

Max all skills + relevant 120s, Smithed full MW, Unlocked all Meilyr recipes, Did Fight Caves + Kiln, Killed QBD, Construct a Tuska Mask

- Unlocked Reaper (Shout-outs to Lil Baby and the Misfits crew)

- Do Nomad & Stronghold of Security

- Complete all Achievement Diaries

- Finished ED1, ED2ED3 diaries

Comp Cape (T): FINISHED! 20/1/2022

- Dominion Tower, Velheim Votes, Crystal Chests, Chompy Birds, Telos at 1000% enrage

- Make a MW Spear of Annihilation 

- Use 25 Crystal Trisks 

- Unlocked all Kal'gerion titles (5/5)

- Unlock all Death effects 

- Unlock Agile Top & Legs (500/500 Elite Laps)

- Unlock Golden Mining Outfit & Imcando Pick 

- Unlock Broad Ammo, Ring of Slaying, Slayer Helmet, Killing Blows

Journey completed on 20/1/2022 at 01:10 AM.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Love 1

To do what I've preached.

Founding member of Bandits

Day 1 update:

After making my character do a disgustingly unhealthy amount of cardio with some mining, pvp and bossing action inbetween the progress looks as follows:

jRX0o9d.png

MZL8by8.png

rY7Hw6x.png
TTRxHnS.png

This means we can now stripe off the golden mining outfit requirement for the Trimmed cape, and are well on our way to having the Agile Outfit done too. Soon it'll be nothing but slayer and reapers, and I think the days of doing a full requirement in a day are leaving us soon. Triskelions will also be an issue, though I did 2 today and hope that slayer can at least cover a few as we work on unlocking the effects from the store.

Day 2 update: Daemonheim Demolition.

Starting off the day, I quickly bashed out the remaining Advanced Barb laps. Now the proud owner of both agile pieces, that's another trimmed comp req off the list!

However, I knew I couldn't keep postponing the inevitable forever and I'd have to buckle down and start slaying. Dropped 10 bucks on Perslaysion and got to work.

I decided I'd hit 2 birds with one stone and focus on Daemonheim creature tasks. Starting the day out, my log looked something like this:

i9Jd8mI.png

Many, many tasks later I can proudly share some highlights:
aPUQXFG.png

oYboe5N.png

I went for Edimmu also because they drop Ghosthunter Gear, setting me up nicely for ROTS farming when it's time to get the masterwork spear of annihilation.

Our log now looks like this:

0mPkZi3.png

Due to all of these tasks, we unlocked Broad Arrows, Rings of Slaying -and- Killing Blows, another trimmed req done! As well as this, you'll see the Kal'gerion Demon commendations are also finished. 

Finally, I did my daily reapers and got my first unlock from death's shop, officially starting that grind as well. I went for Reaper's Choice, as I feel it's the best for points longer-term. Also, tag 2 crystal trisks on for good measure.

Lots and lots of slayer today, but I don't plan to stop anytime soon. While I no longer need to hard focus dg creature tasks, every 10 slayer points are effectively 1 reaper point and I'll use this to my advantage to work on some reaper unlocks once I've hit my daily task quota. 

I guess that's what ''all in a day's work'' means, huh?

• Like 1

A week since the last update as progress slowed down as expected. A ton to go over, so let's dive right in. 

- Nomad, as both a comp req and Varrock Diaries elite req, fell. He's gone, out, down for the count. Goodbye Nomad. An easy requirement ticked off!

- I've been loyally doing my reapers and made a ton of progress by just them all daily, now sitting at 7/8 unlocks with only the Book of Death left before we can also cross good old Death off our list.

- Much like Nomad, the SoS held a few Varrock achievement diary requirements and was a quick and easy clear. 

- Big props to @Lil baby and his consistent Vorago groups. I love how he takes a lot of learners daily and I've enjoyed several kills with his teams. Because of him, 1 of the 2 big group bosses fell in no time!

- Another shout-out to the GOAT @sterling and his incredible Elite Dungeon guides. Not only did I do both ED1 and 2 with all 22 pages in a single run each, I also found out I just really like doing ED2 and will be going for Bisdi after this comp grind is done and dusted.

- Final shout-outs go to @Nev3r@kong, King Kush, @shiny shinx, @Sarosniffy, Clsmarcus and all the other kings that helped me achieve my first AoD kills. I legit would've been demoralized if it weren't for you guys's patience in teaching me, keeping up with me through crashes and helping me kick the door in on one of the most fun bossing experiences I've had in any online game, ever. I'm super down to do more AoD with you guys whenever and will stop camping Yak like a bitch, promise.

This means that I now have the Reaper title, I was all ready to go claim my comp cape, only to get turned into a chicken when trying to get it. Right... the Falador diaries, forgot about those.

A technical difficulty aside, I finished off the Achievement Diary requirement and.....

vwlo6Hv.png

What a journey it has been so far, but it's really just getting started. Not only do we have a few stray trim reqs left, this server is the only server I've ever played on where I still see a lot of fun grinds to go for post-comp. Thanks Sand, you've done incredible work on this and I'll happily play this server for months if not years to come.

~ Twenty Weeks

GMoeBPU.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

A journey ends, another begins.

Now that I'm wanted for mass theft of valuables in the elven lands, begged Death for just a few more points so many times and restored Bandos's famed spear to it's fullest form, there's nothing left on the list. 12 Triskelions, 500 Reaper Points and one Masterwork Spear of Annihilation further, we're done. I'm now a trimmed completionist.

RYhGIfm.png

I know I might be overly cheesy in these posts, but I like to think I have a good reason. In pursuit of the heart, I moved abroad a few years back and have since moved a few times within said country as well. I never really thought I could get back into RSPS but Velheim just gripped me differently, hitting both my nostalgia for RS as well as my urge to explore newer content. Thank you for the incredible server @Sandstorm and the Velheim community for being a welcoming, fun bunch of people to be around. Even if my life is turbulent, I always look forward to logging on and just working on some goals for a bit. Idk what the future holds, but I do know I'll be able to come back here whenever I want to just enjoy myself.

Thanks

Twenty/Guus

LgRYOmk.png

• Like 2

• 3 months later...