Locked Buds With Death - Getting noobs PVMing

Twenty Weeks

hP68X2X.png

Hey there, is this you?

vvEj9AK.png
mBOSRGx.png

tZ7JdJB.png

Do you want to kill Velheim's hardest bosses consistently, learn the ins and outs of PVM and also have a great time doing it? Are you in luck pal, introducing:

Buds With Death, a Velheim PVM community

What is BWD?

Spoiler

Buds With Death is a pseudo-clan made by Twenty Weeks, a jaded asshole who thinks he knows everything. I say pseudo-clan as there's no real requirements to join the FC (more info below) and there's no official clan in-game. 

BWD serves as a hub that will take players newer to endgame PVM but eager to learn and not only take them for kills for group bosses and other high-level content such as Elite Dungeons, the vision is to have them eventually pay it forward and show the next generation of Velheim players how to consistently do this content.

We are not a leeching community. While there's no real precautions we can set to have you not disappear after 1 kill, we don't want to become a place where people jump in, get what they want, jump out. Ultimately, it's all about creating a community where people can get valuable advice from trusted high level players to help themselves improve. 

What will BWD offer -you-?

Spoiler

''Great to hear Twenty, everyone helps everyone and at night we'll dance around the campfire singing kumbayah. What can I actually expect from joining here?''

Woah, such hostility! I understand. Simply put, BWD will offer you a platform to test your mettle against the game's hardest bosses including Vorago, Nex: Angel of Death, the Ambassador and much more. Even if you don't give a shit about actually learning long-term, chances are you'll earn money to progress your account while doing this. As well as that, we offer people the chance to grow into a mentor role themselves. If you want to learn PVM, there's simply no better way to go about it. We also have connections with Misfits, the game's highest level and most well-organized clan, and give you the opportunity to grow into a spot there if you perform well.

How to join

Spoiler

To join the Buds With Death community, simply join the friends chat as so:
qjXpI1a.png
1PF6oRF.png
SBkEe6C.png

Simple, right? You'll now be in the community and, provided you meet the requirements listed below, can start joining for runs and learning high level PVM.

Requirements and Da Rulez

Spoiler

While requirements to join each boss may vary, a general set-up that will allow you to do most content will look something like this:

SNEs3rd.png

Skill requirements to join end-game bosses:
Herblore-icon.png?fbbf2 96 for Overloads
Prayer-icon.png?0e5f2 95 for Turmoil/equivalent
Summoning-icon.png?202f5 52 for Beast of Burden

Aura unlocks:
Vampyrism_aura.png?49251 Vampyrism

Dark_magic_aura.png?1bfe5 Dark Magic

Reckless_aura.png?8770d Reckless

Special requirements per boss:

Nex: Angel of Death
- Dual wielded crossbows with your off-hand being a repriser of at least level 80 + Bolt switch
- Spirit shield (Arcane, Elysian or Divine are all fine)
- Runes for entangle (water, earth, nature)
- Antipoison
- Shield that can provoke (level 80 chaotic shield/level 90 RotS shield)
- Read Esker's incredible guide and familiarize yourself with the mechanics

Barrows: Rise of the Six
- Ghost hunter pieces x3
- Ancient magic spellbook unlocked + 92 magic for blood barrage
- Salve Amulet (e)

Special requirements to join groups can be set by mentors and are up to their own discretion. These simply serve as guidelines for what you should have to tackle these bosses in an efficient manner. 

When you join one of these learner runs, you'll commonly be requested to come on voice chat to be able to listen to your group's mentor making calls. You're not required to have a mic/speak yourself, but you should be able to listen. These voice chats will happen on Velheim's main server unless Sand decides to allow me to make my own Discord for this community specifically. Angery >:(

Rules & Regulations

- Most obviously, while we're a friends chat not directly linked to the main chat channels of Velheim, you're still expected to follow Velheim rules within the fc. Failure to do so will get you reported to staff and sent to a brutal gulag in north-eastern Siberia.
- Leeching bosses (barely contributing and leaving after only a few kills) will get you blacklisted from joining future runs. You're expected to stay for a full Overclocked aura rotation at least, or until the mentor decides to call the run. 
- You're always expected to be able to share knowledge when you can, and to always be respectful about it. Everyone can get emotional, I would know, but BWD is no place to spread toxicity. We're here to help you learn and expect that you show patience to players that come after you in turn.

Quite a doozy, isn't it? Why not join Buds With Death today and put some hair on your chest, ass in your jeans or whatever other bodily feature you wish to develop? Still not convinced? Here's some testimonials.

''Bro can you at least voke if you're going to do nothing and just hit Nex during minions''  ~ Kong
''Nah I got this I'll just hit her one more time
'' ~ Twenty Weeks, 2 seconds before dying to AoD's bomb
''Please I'll say whatever you want I just want to see my family again. Yeah, BWD is the best'' ~ Asgardian
''Any Rago gamers?'' ~ Lil Baby, forever in our hearts
''Nex is currently shielded by the energies within the pillars and is unavailable to comment at this time.'' ~ Nex
''Oh fuck it's these guys again'' ~ Vorago
''You dare disturb the shadow! Again? Oh my god...'' ~ Dharok
''I wanted to summon Xau-Tak into this world to bring about an age of darkness, but getting repeatedly clapped by BWD has made me reconsider.'' ~ The Ambassador

To celebrate the launch of this initiative. I will be doing Nex: Angel of Death learner runs all evening whenever I log on tonight. Look for an announcement in the help fc!

• Like 3
  • Pog Dance 1

To do what I've preached.

Founding member of Bandits

On 2/21/2022 at 9:03 PM, Sprout said:

Leaving the velheim help chat :o

edit- am retarded didn't read it all before commenting, but have now. 

--edit edit-- Looks noice, might actually join at some point and become social again :d (complete that aod)

This post is why we need a :pepega: react on the forums lmfao.

This seems like a super good community, if you're taking on noobs I'll join though sorta inactive rn with phase 3 WoW ._.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Solid Ramen said:

This post is why we need a :pepega: react on the forums lmfao.

This seems like a super good community, if you're taking on noobs I'll join though sorta inactive rn with phase 3 WoW ._.

I've had a few busy days myself bro, so don't worry about it. I'll hit you up next time I see you on!

To do what I've preached.

Founding member of Bandits

• 3 months later...