Locked PoF feedback

Asgardian

The release of Player-owned-farms brought alot of new items to grind, alot to figure out and things to try, however i think some improvements could be made. I totally understand this was a huge undertaking, and Sandstorm is probably keeping a close eye on how it's rolling out and tweeking it as we're going.

The timing for raising and breeding animals seems off; even with the 25% decrease from rs3. I havn't done alot of farming on rs3, as the last time i played was around it's release and a few months after. But it doesn't really feels like it's any faster from what i remember. (and some animals seem to not breed at all, but i've made a bug report on that matter)

Make honeycomb produce 1/2 time of rs3 (30 mins per)

Remove already unlocked upgrades from the farmers market. It can be hard to remember which unlocks you have, when having multiple accounts.

Show the eggs in the paddocks if animals are in - Right now you have to run around to all your paddocks and check if you have animals in them, if they're still on the egg stage.

A new PoF-related perk would be nice - Faster growing and breeding animals, being adolescent for a longer period of time than usual, bigger odds of making a unique offspring, chance of more produce and better traits chance are just some of the things that could be a nice QoL for a PoF perk.

A bit unrelated to PoF, but was really hoping that grapevine farming would've been pushed with this update, would be such a nice addition to getting sara wines from anything else than master caskets and telos for irons, and mains not having to pay 15k per wine for that matter.

• Upvote 2

image.png.ca709eea21805591d1df3616723c0558.png

overall i really enjoyed the new farming content huge update that adds lots of new things to do

i will add my 2cents for pof feedback

breeding overall doesn't really work right now only places i could consistently breed were in the small pen and in the breeding pen in manor farm

breeding time in itself feels really slow

i am not sure how the breeding is implemented but i think if its based on breeding ticks like in rs maybe have much higher chance for successful breed then what the current

the chance to adopt compare to rs3 seems pretty good i am not sure if there is lower chance to adopt compare to breed here

grow time i feel could be faster maybe 1/2 of rs3 like all the farming content

to get this log even with those "buffs" i am pretty sure it would take long time (weeks if not months haven't had the time to make rough estimate)

and i feel it would not be to over powered so you could blitz the base content

the chance to get zygomite i am pretty sure is not actually 1/150 too many people gotten it to be that high but i think as it is now its still too high

maybe it should be something like 1/20 or something along those lines (so if u do 5 farm runs per day u could get zygomite in few days of farming)

or make chance per mushroom picked and then like 1/500 (at max bonus you could get on avg 40 morchella per one farm run)

bank space problems for irons is pretty rough (other players at least could make bank alts)

i understand that expanding bank size is not something you want to tackle truckle right now

so i think making the barn size at least double its max capacity with more upgrades or to make base upgrades bigger cause going for log with current space doesn't seem really something enjoyable

i know you don't like to add custom things but maybe add specific storage for the new items you get from farm animals (spark chitin yak mils and such) like the arch material storage  but just for storage cause this update added lots of new items to store and we already have storage problem

hope it was helpful feedback and thanks for the update :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like the breeding is way faster than RS3, you are probably just getting bad rolls. I have been getting 1-2 Venomous Dinos a day and usually 2 zygomytes daily as well. Make sure your animals are 100% Happy, 100% Healthy and don't have the Stressed(-) Trait, and if you want faster breeding get Virile(+) or Studly(++) Traits. The traits do stack if they are on both of the breeding pair. Ideally for fast AF breeding, try to get a Joyful, Immune, Studly creature. (Genetic Mutation(+) / Instability(++) give higher chances of multiple traits)

I do agree that a POF dedicated perk would be amazing.

As for the farmer's market, it tells you when you click it if you already own the upgrade.

The storage from the new creatures is very small but you can also upgrade it.

I do wish the checked critters were tradable though.

As for zygomytes, you can get them from Adam Anite, I used him to get myself a breeding pair. Took about 10-15 times.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As far as i've seen(which isn't much tbh), the breeding is a nice speed and the only thing i can think of is that the drop rates for some animals could be increased but then again i'm not the most experienced on PoF and not sure how increasing drop rates would impact the server.

Also, i do think a PoF perk could be a nice addition.

• 2 months later...