Locked Protean Memories update suggestion

• Administrator

So here's a fairly quick (?) suggestion~

With a recent RS3 update, Protean memory.pngProtean Memories are now used at rifts rather from the inventory. Alongside this were buffs to the XP gained per Protean Memory (whether the XP per Protean is updated, or the full rework is implemented, both are great).

With the XP rates per memory previously ranging from 13.3/14.6 to 193.1/212.4 (number after the / being with boons unlocked) - to the newly updated 18.2/20 to 320/352 per protean memory (Pale to Incandescent). 

As a note, the XP provided is not solely based on current level - but which rift is used to deposit the memories (a player with 95 divination, depositing the protean memories into the Pale Wisp Rift will still only get 18.2/20 EXP).

Old rates can be found here using the Wayback Machine.
New rates can be found here using the live wiki.

• Like 3
  • +1 2
  • Upvote 1

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

• Iron Tyrone changed the title to Protean Memories update suggestion

If there is going to be a change for these I'd like to see a change for the new protean protein and protein essence where the information right click function should be replaced with the convert option. :D

But I do like the idea of needing to use them at rifts instead of a bank.

• Like 1

18.png Cap'n Ahoy #6
22.png Ultimate Ironman Stephanoski #7
17.png Silver #24
Ah0y #4 kots '24

• Game Moderator

Definitely support the change, we need a new way of training divination. Even this change would speed up div by a mile. Our current ways are very slow, even using protein memories. (Memories still good ofc, specially with the new protean powerups, but not that comparable to the other 27 skills, that has at least one "minigame" for it). Surely can be done via caches, but it is 1h between each other, not worth if it is the last skill for you to max or to finish 200m (saying this because not everyone has de prot mem available, specially at start of a new acc).

Note: Ahoy is right, we need a convert option for the newest prot additions, thank you :)

All this being said it's a +1 from me!

Cheers<3

• Like 1

compcomp1.png.c9c586b3bb2f45bf738007f94d132277.png
2110747713_compcapetrimmed.png.6564bafa38a82a3ed8988ea70c6947c7.png

489470767_compnormal.jpg.54ea345cbf666a8cd1bdcf4a4ed92594.jpg284866779_compperfil.png.6b88a7723b875ff4c047ed9754efcc9b.png

image.png.39fcb9871a451904bcfeac58be29f4b3.png
image2.png.8f619b281b6401f5dad9c5b751c860e0.png

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Ahoy said:

If there is going to be a change for these I'd like to see a change for the new protean protein and protein essence where the information right click function should be replaced with the convert option. :D

But I do like the idea of needing to use them at rifts instead of a bank.

Some players actually reported this as a bug and Sand noted that it is something he needs to code manually (because Jagex didn't include it in their first iteration of the cache we are in) - something you might like to know :p

• Like 1
  • +1 1

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

I agree with this suggestion, but can we take it 1 step further and just lump it with other protean items? like the ability to convert from protein protein and protean essence doesn't exist yet, and we are still missing protean shakes for herblore training. 

Edit: yeah, i guess ahoy already asked for the convert option on the other proteans, but somehow i just completely skipped that comment the first time around, so i guess on top of that im only asking for shakes xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...