Locked PVM-focused timed events & Mentoring System.

Iron Tyrone

• Administrator

This suggestion is just for some more "community" building, which could help the newer players get a proper grasp at PVMing.

• PVM Focused Timed Events.

Every 2/3 hours, a boss, or "boss-related" content will be put on a Spotlight for an hour.
The spotlight would do the following;

• Increase Drop Rate % by a little bit,
  • Bosses which utilize Public Rooms become 'Insane' respawn speed by default and have the following change;
    - Rather than recieving drops, participating players receive Item Shards for the item dropped,
    - 200 item shards can be crafted into the specified item, and drop in amounts of [100 / # of participating players rounded up] when rolled in the Public Room,
  • Exceptions to the Shard feature would be any bosses which do not actively have item shards for their 'main' drops, and in such cases would have an even further increase drop rate %,
  • Ironmen are also allowed to participate in the Public Rooms to benefit from this timed event.
  • An IP/MAC can only have one account in a focused instance at a time.

• Mentoring System.

This system would be a way for more experienced players to be able to teach lower level players, and benefit from it.
The requirements to become a Mentor would be the following:

• Have a total level of at least 2,000,
  • Have a total of at LEAST 5,000 boss kills,
  • Have killed EACH boss at least once (including Caves, Kiln, Zuk, and Croesus),
  • Have killed EACH boss at least 50 times (not including Caves, Kiln, Zuk, and Croesus),
  • In the case of Ironmen, they would be allowed to become Mentors, and would be allowed to participate in Instanced content with their Mentee (regardless of Mentee game-mode).
  • A mentor would have a limit of 3 Mentees at any given time.

A player who wishes to become a Mentor would be able to register themselves to a 'Mentorship Board' in-game. From there, players are allowed to "apply" to join a/your "Mentorship" as a 'Mentee'. 
The requirements to enter into a 'Mentorship' would be the following:

• LESS than 2,500 Boss Kills.
  • Accounts must have NOT originated from the same IP or MAC address as the mentor.
  • Mentee's who are Irons, would be allowed to participate in Instanced Content with their Mentors.

For Rules or I guess 'clauses' we would have;

• Should the Mentor & Mentee be on the same IP or MAC at any time, the Mentorship would be terminated and they would be barred from eachother permanently.
  • If a 'Mentor' is found in violation of the above note, they would be excluded from recieving any Mentorship rewards for a period of time.
  • A 'Mentor' will have their 'Mentorship' withdrawn/disbanded if they have not logged on for 7 days (they can re-apply/re-enable it again afterwards).
  • A Mentee can withdraw from their Mentorship at any time, but would have to wait 12 hours before they can apply to a new one.

As for the Mentorship rewards, I had a few ideas floating around in general that could be useful and/or desirable.

• Exclusive Cosmetic Override/s,
  • Exclusive Title/s,
  • Exclusive Pet/s,
  • Currency earned from Mentoring which can be used on a specific reward system (untradeable currency and rewards).

Other than the benefits of teaching and earning rewards, there could also be smaller features that would make the system more coherent and beneficial such as the following;

• All item drops would instead be replaced with Item Shards (with the same formula as the PVM Events),
  • No death penalties for the Mentee when participating in content with their mentor,
  • and a small chance for drops to be doubled.

If you have any feedback, feel free to let me know in the replies and I could adjust my suggestion accordingly.

• Like 1
  • +1 2
  • Love 1

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

Amazing conecept would love to see this ingame.... 1 problem for alot of irons that i see, we cannot actually join instances with mains at alot of places so will limit the mentoring... but seeing the boss hotspot would make so many people hunt bosses id love to see it

Definitely super cool concepts, and I'd be interested to become a mentor in the future should it get implemented! Your thoughts are so well laid out, it's almost hard to come up with additional suggestions or tweaks.

On "PVM Focused Timed Events", a few thoughts:

1. Would the shards concept really be viable for ironman (non-group) accounts to entice them to participate? Maybe it would, I can't speak for them, but they would have to participate in a lot of rolled drops to be able to combine for 100 of the given item.
    • Of course we shouldn't disbar a piece of content because some may not find it useful, just a thought though.
  2. Should probably also implement a restriction of 1 IP/MAC per boss room, unless this is already in place.

On "Mentoring System":

1. Should there be a limit placed on how many mentees a mentor can have at a time?
  2. What is the trigger upon which the mentor will receive a reward? After killing X number of bosses? After X time as a mentor? Feedback provided by mentee? Otherwise?
  3. Personally, I think the rewards should be kept to non-tradeable only. For a number of reasons, but primarily to ensure mentors are in the system for the right reason, to actually help mentor a new player and teach them how to become better PVMers, and not solely for the benefits/rewards. Titles, cosmetics, etc. would be really cool to see. 

Overall, again, really well thought out and I think both would be great additions to the game!

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Longshot said:

Definitely super cool concepts, and I'd be interested to become a mentor in the future should it get implemented! Your thoughts are so well laid out, it's almost hard to come up with additional suggestions or tweaks.

On "PVM Focused Timed Events", a few thoughts:

1. Would the shards concept really be viable for ironman (non-group) accounts to entice them to participate? Maybe it would, I can't speak for them, but they would have to participate in a lot of rolled drops to be able to combine for 100 of the given item.
    • Of course we shouldn't disbar a piece of content because some may not find it useful, just a thought though.
  2. Should probably also implement a restriction of 1 IP/MAC per boss room, unless this is already in place.

On "Mentoring System":

1. Should there be a limit placed on how many mentees a mentor can have at a time?
  2. What is the trigger upon which the mentor will receive a reward? After killing X number of bosses? After X time as a mentor? Feedback provided by mentee? Otherwise?
  3. Personally, I think the rewards should be kept to non-tradeable only. For a number of reasons, but primarily to ensure mentors are in the system for the right reason, to actually help mentor a new player and teach them how to become better PVMers, and not solely for the benefits/rewards. Titles, cosmetics, etc. would be really cool to see. 

Overall, again, really well thought out and I think both would be great additions to the game!

Thanks for the feedback, and to speak on the points:

PVM:

1. I can see what you mean, but it would be a shame to have a feature like this and STILL only reward the sole top contributor, I'll think of a better number for the number of shards dropped to make it worth-while for all players involved (if something like this is accepted).
  2. I'll add that to the thread.

Mentoring:

1. I was thinking a limit of 3 or 4 Mentees, didn't think it important to specify but I'll add it.
  2. I think it could be a combination of the three somewhat-so, but I was primarily thinking of # of bosses killed, perhaps with a limit per boss per mentor/menteeship.
  3. That's was my plan - the currency used to would be for untradeable things in the shop, perhaps the cosmetics or pets I had in mind, with the titles being tied to number of kills with Mentee.

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

• 1 month later...

Love this one.. I'll not talk about the mentoring system but the way u presented the "PVM event" is so good. Just like old times doing boss mass with ur clan but now being like a global call and including ironmans too. 

Love the idea of insane respawn + plus increased drop rate, with the twist of receiving shards instead of uniques has a main drop.

Maybe all the participants should get normal drops (stone spirits, seeds, salvage) and not just the player with most damage done.

Total Support from me! 

• 2 months later...