Locked Mobile version for the vote page

Ahoy

If possible to make a seperate vote page for mobile voting where the background is a static image to reduce the loading, my phone struggles big time loading the page.
Maybe even just iframing a part of the page like the screenshot shown below with the normal website menu above it?
I think all the extra things shown like the highscores and the moving background do not add up to any decent user experience for daily voters.

Maybe a link like velheim.com/mobilevote or /votemobile would work well with it's own button or icon on the website.

ZQfSdYf.png

18.png12.png Cap'n Ahoy (1) #6
22.png10.png Ultimate Ironman Stephanoski (2) #7
17.png8.png Silver (0) #24
Ah0y (0) #4 kots '24

16 hours ago, Broy00 said:

I think this might be a case by case issue. I don't have issues,  nor have I ever had issues voting from a mobile device. I would love to hear other's experiences when voting on a mobile device. 

I actually factored this, mainly cause my mobile is not the newest but still decent for plenty of apps to run without any issues.
Was just suggesting a more user friendly and simplefied voting page when using your mobile.

Ah0y (0) #4 kots '24

On 12/14/2023 at 1:32 PM, Ahoy said:

I actually factored this, mainly cause my mobile is not the newest but still decent for plenty of apps to run without any issues.
Was just suggesting a more user friendly and simplefied voting page when using your mobile.

Can you give a suggestion? Do you run your mobile browser in desktop mode? That's what I do , and its flawless. 

15 hours ago, Broy00 said:

Can you give a suggestion? Do you run your mobile browser in desktop mode? That's what I do , and its flawless. 

I just tried and it gives me the same issues.
So my suggestion for a user friendlier mobile page would be;

• static background
  • bigger buttons to tap on to vote
  • no highscores on the sides of the screen
  • perhaps an icon or something to bring you back on the main website

Edit: Okay so this issue happens with chrome on my android, installed firefox and it works a lot better with the background.
    I still think we should have a specific mobile vote page with bigger buttons though.

Ah0y (0) #4 kots '24

• 2 months later...