Locked Player-owned Farm

Sandstorm

Player-owned Farm products for 120 Herblore  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do with the items needed to make all the new potions?

• Add actual player-owned Farm (this will cause the 120 Farm/Herb update to push back until Farm is done, which is a huge content piece and will take a long ass time to do)
    • Add needed items to corresponding NPC drops
    • Add a custom shop with all items buy-able; custom currency obtained from Farming
    • Add a custom shop with all items buy-able; just use coins

• Founder

I mean.. I could add the player-owned farm, but it will take a LONG time to do which would result in pushing back the whole 120 update. Think I could do it in a month, so by the end of November. This would also mean no major content updates for that period of time!

Or.. I could just hwip them in a shop, or, make them as uncommon/rare drops from NPC's; poison slime from slimes, spider fangs from spiders, bull horns from yaks and so on and so on.

Anyways - your call, I'll do whichever option wins!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Pog Dance 1
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

Could always implement drops to monsters until PoF is done, there's tie in's to big game hunter, archaeology mysteries and actual hunter to obtain different critters. 
This could allow times for players to become more familiar with the potions and their effects until PoF is up and running.

• Like 7

Kodama.gif

2 minutes ago, Eila said:

Could always implement drops to monsters until PoF is done, there's tie in's to big game hunter, archaeology mysteries and actual hunter to obtain different critters. 
This could allow times for players to become more familiar with the potions and their effects until PoF is up and running.

but then a lot of monsters will be camped out since there is only 1 world

• Like 3

I agree with the farm, but would like drops too. That way, players can choose. 

I also love the idea of adding the items in with the drops, then working on the player-owned farm. That way we can have access to the items first, but still get the farm.

I really don't like the idea of a special currency, and don't want it to be a "just buy them" thing. It takes the fun out of it, and the special currency takes the fun out while also making it difficult.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This is easily the most badass server there is, a POF update would be amazing.

I don't think any of us are leaving because of a small lapse in updates, we still have plenty content!

As a Runescape player since 2005, then osrs (never having played RS3) this is exactly what i love to see, the RS3 content without the cluttered game play.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sprout said:

Would also rather wait for PoF, avoids the possibility of the market becoming over saturated with potions/materials before the actual content to obtain them is added. We've lived without them this long, it wont kill us waiting an extra month (and we'll still get the Halloween event in the meantime)

+1, I worry about how farmed the materials would be before actual PoF would be implemented. Can't help but to vote to wait because the PoF was one of the most enjoyable skilling contents I found on RS3, personally.

11 hours ago, Ironman btw said:

Personally I don't really like like skilling, I would much rather PVM for ingredients. 

I believe there are some good chunk of peeps that don't like skilling that much too.

good user experience would be to have multiple options to get something

I think it's better for the economy and the player base as a whole to put it in as skilling. Normal accounts can still buy from other players which will put more money into skilling (there have been recent complaints that there is not enough skilling money making and PoF just sounds all around good for playerbase). As far as ironman, that's the price to pay for playing the game mode in my opinion. If you want these top tier potions you should have to put in the extra time and do the skilling content.

• Love 1

• Founder

Looks like most end-game potions will be locked until I finish Player-Owned farms. I decided to release everything I have Farming/Herblore related in the next big update, so you'll at least be able to start collecting some of the materials needed!

Thank you for voting and expressing your opinions on the question at hand.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Happy Bunny 1
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif