Locked Feedback & ideas for the perk system

Zavkod

Hi, and thanks for reading,

Before I begin I would like to say that the perk ideas are not a suggestion as those are not allowed..
They are simply some ideas I have had over the last months, while working on unlocking all of the perks.
I wonder what people think about them, hence me posting it :)

New perks I fantasise about when I lay in bed:
Again, not suggestions.

Spoiler

Combat Endurance:
Description: Instances last 50% longer, bringing the total instance time to 90 minutes. It does however increase instance cost by +50%.
Reason: We have a perk boosting our aura times and potion times times, why not boost instance time too?
Cost: 750 VC

Skilling Endurance:
Description: When doing stackable skilling actions, like dissasembling items, making arrows, protean items etc. will now no longer last for 60, but 90 actions.
Reason: Same as above

Pet Trainer:
Description: Allows you to configure legendary pets further, for example toggle item pickup to only pickup noted / stackable items, or items with an examine value above X coins.
Reason: Legendary pets are useful in most situations, but not in all situations as they can clutter up your inventory quickly. In those situations area loot would do the trick, but because we're most likely not going to get that this perk would be a nice alternative.

Stacker:
Description: Automatically use note paper if a noted variant of an item is found in the inventory and the unnoted variant is picked up, requires you to carry note paper in your inventory.
Reason: Imho this should have been a invention machine, something like the spring cleaner, but as jagex didn't do that (yet) this might be our next best thing?
Cost: 500 VC

Auto Pouch:
Description: Automatically fill runecrafting pouches when withdrawing a bank preset with them, where they were filled.
Reason: I mean, why not? Convenience, it's what all perks give, in the end.
Cost: 300 VC

Portable Porter:
Description: 10% chance to trigger a porter effect while training one of the gathering skill, teleporting the item to your bank / metal storage. 
Reason: I mean, why not? Convenience, it's what all perks give, in the end.

Protean Collector:
Description: A 1% chance to receive a protean version of an item when skilling. Example: When a yew tree, there's a 1% chance of receiving a protean log instead of a yew log.
Reason: Everyone loves proteans.

Powerful Portables:
Description: The timer for portables is increased by 100%, allowing one portable to be used for 10 minutes. Also increases action speed and xp rates by 10% when using a portable.
Reason: Portables are barely being used, and often wasted for 'fun', they deserve better.

Ultimate Flex:
Description: No benefits are gained, but this perk is required to unlock the 'Perk Collector' title.
Reason: No real reason, I just thought it would add something more to grind towards.. (as if there isn't enough lol)
VC: 10.000

Dangerous Brawlers:
Description: Increase Brawling Gloves xp gain by +50%, broadcasts wilderness level when glove charge falls below 100% and 50%. This perk must be toggleable, but once the gloves have been used with or without the perk active they stay in that stage, regardless of this perk status. (So you can't disable it at 51% and enable it at 49% to avoid the broadcast)
Reason: Might add some wilderness activity? Also: More risk, more reward.

Current perk (system) feedback:
Not a lot of perk feedback, as the perks are really good as is..

Spoiler

Herbivore:

• Herb boxes should be banked automatically, I have the perk for ~3 months and couldn't be arsed to pick up more then 40 boxes. The boxes are useful, but not when you have to pick them up manually. Seeing a lot of other perks automatically bank the extra items they provide, why doesn't this perk do the same?

All perks:

• Perks should be toggleable, this would allow us to play without them when needed to, this is useful for making tutorials and testing certain strategies.
  • Maybe perks should have levels? I have collected almost all perks, and when I do I probably will stop increasing my donor status. Not because I don't want to donate anymore, but because I feel like paying for cosmetics is not worth it. Grinding out better versions of perks (even for 'redicilous' prices) would be way better in my eyes. We can do the same with auras, why not with perks? 
  • Add the title 'Perk Collector' when all perks have been unlocked. If 'Ultimate Flex' perk is added this title will be a pretty rare perk, as it costs around 2b (in bonds) to achieve just that perk..

• Like 2
  • Love 1

For sure ye need it ingame,alot of those content will help alot our gameplay. I think the others players also will like it ,the option to configure pets to catch useful drops seems amazing,"Dangerous brawlers,Powerful portables ,etc" all em could be add or just re-work in the currently perks. Add new ones is a way to give player motivation to keep getting bonds for a long time,if the "Perk collector " tittle be added it will take a time to get. This is wat i think i could keep writting but its i dont think is worth. =^]

• Like 1

• 2 months later...