Locked Game Perks - the Tier List

Leedly

Disclaimer: I am a loud noob, therefore building this list should hopefully bring some opinions and get a proper & more list born from my beginnings.
On that note, this thread will be consistently updated as opinions & meta shift.  If I am inactive (just ask on discord,) feel free to delete & repost.
Note that placement within a tier is currently meaningless, no matter where I've listed it.
Ironmen - Ctrl + F this thread for "iron"

See here for a thread listing all perks and their functions, or check ingame.
This is the go-to thread for ancient invention, vital for high PvM.

PvM Perks Tier List 
  Perks Underlined are recommended to be purchased first
S  - Paramedic             - Buffs: Food, Brews, Vampyrism, Blood Barrage, Soul Split, Amulet of Souls, the list goes on? This perk is insane.
                 Overclocking          - Insane perk as auras cover everything in the game from XP gain to crop yield, life steal, dmg/accuracy, etcetc. Combat and every skill.  Not bold because loyalty is time gated, but get this perk.
                 Herbivore              - IMO this perk is the best value in VH. The boxes add up in value loads and the potion timers can't be beat.  Works on every potion that gives a buff!
                 Coin Collector        - Dg accumulator, but much better. The earlier you buy this, the better. Slayer tasks are a LOT more raw gp than most people realize. That being said, it can wait a little.
                 Lucky Seven           - It's more RNG.  'Nuff said! Also like CC above, the earlier you buy this the more value you'll receive from the extra coins.
                 Robin and Ava        - Unless you're already comped, nothing but ava's will carry this property & it's insanely strong for ranged players, which is most PvM.
                 Proficient Inventor  - This will save you many, many, many millions or your time which is worth millions. Slows charge use on augmented gear, which is used by every endgame and most lategame PvM'ers.
                 Galileo                    - High cost, but will absolutely be worth it in the long run.  All un augmented gear and jewelry (hydrix for eof etc) benefits from this perk.

A  - Greater Gods        - I mean...it's not "vital" but this is one of the best QOL perks for PvM'ers.  Utilized through to endgame with reapers in consideration. Well priced.
                  Prayer Party           - S tier for ironmen, and used to be S tier overall.  Good, but prayer is free at every home teleport and potions are very cheap.
                  Pyromancy             - fm lvl scaling max 10% more health from ctrl + w bonfire. Good, and can be further extended with a reaper reward.
                  Charm Collector     - 1k VC, very costly.  No reason to get this early, but its value as a loot cleaner on all pvm/slayer is fantastic.
                  Preslaysion            - Some people don't know you can tele to task for 200k without thais perk.  You'll easily make 200k every task in gp drops alone... but that's money lost that'll add up.  If you plan to 120 slay and are any mode but 200x, get this. The skipping of tasks for free is incredible but slayer just isn't "required" like it used to be. 
B  - Thaumaturgist        - Will save you money over time, and good for ironmen, but they just generally don't mage even with this & RC perk.  At 700 VC you'll have to mage a LOT to get your investment back, but if you will it's worthwhile.
                  Inoris Incentive       - Adds a little sustain when using demon horn for afk and helps for wyvern bones or any prayer xp farming. 
C  - Engineer                 - Obvious. Use a cannon? Good perk! Otherwise skip.
                 Friendly Familiar    - A very strong and convenient perk, and A-B tier for irons. C overall because pouches are really cheap.
D  - Ash Petchum         - S tier if you want boss pets, else useless. Skilling pets are easy.
                  Bad Breath             - Unless ironman, this perk is not great.
                  Charming Chance  - Better than collector slightly, but almost half the price. Still not great, summoning is ez. 

F  - 

Skilling Perks Tier List 
  Perks in BOLD are recommended to be purchased first
S  - Blacksmith           - If you are most people & plan to make Masterwork, this is a great perk. If not, can skip.
                 Master Inventor   - Invention is used universally by late game players.  This is a grand perk.
                 Quarrymaster       - For miners, this is necessary.  I haven't tested, but as stamina increases mining damage this should directly increase damage a lot from that, then 10% crit and 5% base damage? Strong af. Avoid if you'll buy masterwork.  Note: more stamina = more dmg confirmed by Sandstorm, clicking every swing = ehp.

A  - Bottle Brew         - Great perk, but doesns't work on some endgame potions & combos. S tier for irons.
                  Divinization          - This server runs on divine charge. This perk is amazing for both farming energy and succ-o-matic. Chronicles are whatever. A tier because if everyone got the perk and camped charges, they'd crash. 
                  Going Green        - S tier for irons. If you don't farm this is bad, but most players do, especially with 120 farming content.
B  - none
C  - Master Chef            - Makes cooking xp/hr increase by 33%, and gives 25% more cooked than raw food.  A good perk, but most people simply buy their food.  S-A tier for irons.
                 Master Fisher           - Good if you fish a lot.  S-A tier for irons.
D  - The Paleontologist - Without details on this perk's exact bonuses, i cannot justify recommending it to anyone outside of anyone planning to put 50+hrs into arch.
                  Master Crafter         - If you're going for 200m's, get the perk that goes for that skill.  Otherwise perks like this one just fall short in usefulness for their cost.
                  Master Fletcher       - ^ see above
                  Master Hunter         - ^ see above
                  Master Lumberjack  - ^ see above
                  Niaochao                 - ^ see above
                  Sleight of Hand        - ^ see above

F  - Dungeon Daemon - Depending on your game mode, this perk is amazing or useless coming in at a whopping 1.5k VC.  S tier for selling floors and classics. B tier for irons due to cost.
                Fe Forge                 - Worth buying for irons saves on mw.  Other modes iron ore is infinite in GE cheap af.
                Runic Ritual            - S tier for ironmen for souls.  Runes are infinite on GE.
                The Enchanter        - saves seconds/day for most players so not really worth, but neat to have at all perks.
                Ceramic Champion - S tier for efficient skilling players who will use urns. Most don't.
                Builder Bob             - Perk is scammingly worded and only saves MAX of 1 plank per build action. To benefit fully from the perk building chairs you'd get such trash xp/hr it's only worth for ironmen/classic.. Also once you're to ddz you'll be using the portable, which this doesn't work on.

Misc Perks
Investigator            - Like clues? Insane perk.  Don't? ignore.  People buying this perk make billions selling forts to the lazies, up to you.
Mellon                    - Almost completely useless, other than fresh account or prestige. Relevant priff teles are in teleports already. Would be better if on a hotkey imo.
Stamina Stallion      - If you grind ;;bct, ;;spt, or similar you'll need this. If you do: elite dungeons, legios, nex, you'll want this!
Voc Voyager            - If your gold include ports (hc,comp,whatever) this perk is worthwhile.  I highly recommend grinding some ed1 trash to kickstart ports!

Thanks for reading, can't wait to see the discussions this sparks.  Hopefully my starter list isn't too bad. Ty for reading!

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, Pvmlife said:

Good list overall.

Some things I'd change but this will definitely help out new players!

I'm down to hear the changes!  I wanted a list when I first started too, so that's what gave me the idea.  I'm hoping people who are far more experienced on the server will see this & comment changes! I'll gladly change to what's agreed upon or make notes.

I can agree with this tier list for the most part, it would definitely serve as a good resource for individuals seeking guidance on the order that they should get perks. Thanks for posting it, Leedly!

8 hours ago, Ahoy said:

Great list! Reminds me that we could get some love for ports.. maybe add it 5 ships as comp requirement and maybe other rewards besides the gear.

Honestly, I think having five ships as a requirement for obtaining a comp cape is a great idea tbh.

standard.gif

8 hours ago, Leedly said:

Change:
Builder Bob moved from S tier to F tier as I've been informed the perk does not function how it's advertised.

Litterly says 50% chance at saving any materials while building furniture inside your house.
So if you get 1 plank back it does what it says.. it does not stay you get half the materials back for a build.
You actually can save planks, protean for example when making flatpacks outside your house.

But yes it is better for irons, it would be better if there were no inf. stocks for materials in G.E. :)

18.png Cap'n Ahoy #6
22.png Ultimate Ironman Stephanoski #7
17.png Silver #24
Ah0y #4 kots '24

13 hours ago, Ahoy said:

Litterly says 50% chance at saving any materials while building furniture inside your house.
So if you get 1 plank back it does what it says.. it does not stay you get half the materials back for a build.
You actually can save planks, protean for example when making flatpacks outside your house.

But yes it is better for irons, it would be better if there were no inf. stocks for materials in G.E. :)

UigYlzO.png 
- 50% chance at saving any material. Using 6 planks to build a table and having a maximum of 1 saved does not align with this description at all. This perk only functions as advertised when building chairs, or any other 2 plank furniture.

I understand interpreting it as "any materials"  because english is a flawed language that often leads to issues, but from asking players I've not heard anyone who expected it to function other than I did. The perk should be reworded or fixed.  

14 hours ago, Leedly said:

UigYlzO.png 
- 50% chance at saving any material. Using 6 planks to build a table and having a maximum of 1 saved does not align with this description at all. This perk only functions as advertised when building chairs, or any other 2 plank furniture.

I understand interpreting it as "any materials"  because english is a flawed language that often leads to issues, but from asking players I've not heard anyone who expected it to function other than I did. The perk should be reworded or fixed.  

I think it is coded that you have a 50% chance of saving any material on any furniture, so 50% chance to get anything back, whether you used 1 or 3-4 planks.
But perhaps I am wrong @Sandstorm ..?

18.png Cap'n Ahoy #6
22.png Ultimate Ironman Stephanoski #7
17.png Silver #24
Ah0y #4 kots '24

7 hours ago, Ahoy said:

I think it is coded that you have a 50% chance of saving any material on any furniture, so 50% chance to get anything back, whether you used 1 or 3-4 planks.
But perhaps I am wrong @Sandstorm ..?

Yeah in that case I think it just should be reworded! If that's the intention. 
List updated! Ty Ultimatez for some changes.

• 2 months later...