The thread with most replies..

Sandstorm

So I like to hike, and a friend and I happened to find ourselves in Seattle in the US. There are a lot of great national parks around the city so we decided to go hiking. Now note that it was the middle of November and the weather wasn't great but we checked it beforehand and it was supposed to be dry. So we found a seemingly great trail to hike, set up a little camp at the end and then hike back the following day. And here starts a whole series of unfortunate circumstances. Firstly, due to traffic we arrived pretty late to the trailhead, which lead to us hiking 75% of the trail in complete darkness. Secondly, the trail wasn't very long but we overlooked the elevation changes and it was one of the most brutal hikes I've ever hiked. Third, we arrived around midnight at our campsite, set up our tent, ate some food and immediatly went to sleep because we were exhausted. About an hour into our sleep it began to rain. A lot. So halfway through the night, our tent started to leak, our stuff was getting wet and well sleeping was pretty much off the table. It was also between 0-5 degrees celcius so it was cold as balls. At first light we got out of the tent, got our stuff packed as quickly as possible and went back to the car as fast as we could. It rained throughout our whole 9 hr hike back. We immediatly heated up the car, found the closest airbnb and went to sleep immediatly. Looking back, it was probably one of the more dangerous things I have experienced. Due to the cold and wet conditions, we showed symptoms of hypothermia, and the ground was wet and slippery everywhere so one wrong step could've meant us slipping towards our death. But, we both survived and now we have a great story to tell to everybody :)

Some pictures of an enthusiastic start to the hike, and somewhere halfway on the way back :):

IMG-20181123-WA0016.jpg

rsz_img-20181123-wa0011.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Y6xJTBK.gif

dynasty.png

image.png.3bb09238e59b5e2df6a29454a62bfe08.png

image.png.3988649d1d6aeb4b3daaa76c240ad5fa.png

image.png.f4969619228bd8967c10a1cc254f3db9.png