Locked Crafting Guide 1-99+

Kim

xxVskA6.png

CRAFTING GUIDE

USEFUL ITEMS AND EQUIPMENT

Spoiler

xGkJqzq.png Artisan's Outfit: Each piece of the Artisan's outfit increases Crafting experience by 1%. Wearing a full set will give an extra 1% bonus experience for 6% bonus experience in total.

0zLUECp.png Modified Artisan's Bandana: 5% chance to save a piece of leather per item crafted.

zWRLLdn.png Tool Belt: Many items used for Crafting are stored on the tool belt:

• Chisel
  • Needle
  • Glassblowing pipe
  • Most moulds

AgjqHaC.png Portable Crafter:

• 10% experience bonus
  • 10% chance to save a hide or clay per item crafted
  • 5% chance for gems barring onyx and hydrix
  • The crafters also double as a tannery, so placing it next to a bank where applicable means that one can tan hides at the highest rate possible.

LRVH5vM.png Scroll of Dexterity: Between 1.6% and 8.3% chance to save a dragonhide when crafting an item that requires three or more hides.

6KDMLFA.png Crafting Cape: The Crafting cape's perk provides unlimited thread and removes the need for thread when crafting leathers, and provides a chance to cut all gems of the same type in the player's inventory at once.

jp3ECnD.png Crafting Master Cape: The Crafting cape's perk provides unlimited thread and removes the need for thread when crafting leathers, and provides a chance to cut all gems of the same type in the player's inventory at once.

vP6Ra5T.png Brooch of the Gods: Doubles some effects of the portable crafter:

• The chance to save hides or soft clay is increased from 10% to 20%.
  • The chance to save a gem when cutting it (except onyx and hydrix) is increased from 5% to 10%.

6ATXYAY.png Pulse Cores: 10% core bonus experience for 10min (Stacks up to 60mins), 50% bonus is also applied when equipping the pulse core.

TwnyGi8.png Vote Books: 50% increased experience. 15 minutes per book.

Master Crafter Perk: 25% chance at saving your ingredients, no longer require thread to craft leather and increases the Crafting speed action by 50%. Price: 500 Velheim Coins

eyJRUF8.png

Don't forget about the Well of Goodwill, from players donating 100M GP for 2 hours, or on double experience weekends for even more experience gains!

SPINNING WHEELS

A spinning wheel is a piece of Crafting equipment used to spin fibres into strings. The following table shows what fibres can be spun into what strings using a spinning wheel:

TTEfIX3.png

1. A convenient spinning wheel is on the 1st floor (first floor) of Lumbridge Castle with a bank directly above it on the next floor.
  2. Neitiznot houses a spinning wheel just south-east of the bank. That means at least level 46 Crafting is required for this spinning wheel (boosts cannot be used).
  3. There's a spinning wheel in Seer's Village just south-west of the bank, which is also close to a flax field.
  4. There are two spinning wheels located in Burthorpe south of the Gnome Banker, shopkeeper, and Mistress Fara. They can be found just outside of the cow pen.

POTTERY OVEN AND POTTER'S WHEEL

Both pottery ovens and wheels are used in the creation of urns and other clay products. Note that a portable crafter can function as both a wheel and an oven, which may save a lot of time as it can be placed immediately next to a bank. However among the full list, some notable fixed locations with both a potter's wheel and oven which are also close to banks include the following:

1. In Burthorpe they can both be found south of the bank; this is near the smithing furnace and west of the druid circle.
  2. South-east of Varrock's East Bank inside the gated and fenced area.
  3. On the ground floor (first floor) of the Crafting Guild, which is itself close to a bank chest outside in the clan camp, entering the guild a player must have a level of atleast 40 Crafting to come inside.
  4. Very close to the bank chest in the Ithell district of Prifddinas. This is the fastest method.

TANNING

Tanneries can be used by players who wish to tan their own leather, which is needed when a player is Crafting Leather, Hard Leather or Dragon Leather. They can be found in a few locations:

1. Portable Crafter (the cost is same as regular tanner).
  2. A tanner can be found just South of the Varrock West bank.
  3. One resides on the ground floor (first floor) of the Crafting Guild.
  4. Jack Oval can be found between North Taverley and South Burthorpe and will tan hides for the player.
  5. A tanner lives in a house just a stone's throw North of the Al Kharid bank.
  6. The closest tanner to a bank resides in the Ithell district of Prifddinas.

FURNACE

Furnaces are used in the production of jewellery. The most efficient way to create jewellery is to fill the metal bank with gold bars and have the inventory filled with the gems needed to create the jewellery. Several furnaces exist within a short range of a bank:

1. Shilo Village has a furnace only 10 squares from a bank.
  2. Edgeville has a furnace 13 squares from a bank.
  3. A furnace exists on Neitiznot that is 15 squares from a bank.
  4. Artisans' Workshop has a furnace 15 squares from a bank. Note that the Burial Forges cannot be used for crafting.
  5. Port Phasmatys houses a furnace that is only 17 squares away from a bank.
  6. There is a furnace 17 squares away from the bank chest in the Lumbridge Market.
  7. Furnace south of Burthorpe 24 squares from bank.

TRAINING CRAFTING

At low levels, both crafting urns and making jewellery offer good experience rates. While jewellery and urns offers moderate experience. Low-level players who seek faster experience rates should consider cutting gems, which can be started from level 1.

Starting at level 54, players often train Crafting with battlestaves. Players who seek faster experience rates can start making green dragonhide bodies at level 63.

For any game-mode you are playing on I would highly recommend cutting gems, as it is fast to get rock gems by either buying from Grand exchange, other players or to mine them yourself. Can also making dragonhide bodies or dragonhide shields from dragonhide leather is another good option for experience.

ADVICE FOR IRONMEN

Ironmen should begin the first few levels of training with picking flax in Taverley and turning those into bow strings on the provided spinning wheel there for their use in Fletching later.

After that try to focus on techniques such as crafting urns (especially after 40 when the Crafting guild becomes available; don't forget to use runes to stack urns to save time otherwise spent in banking trips) or perhaps tanning dragonhide or other leather-making techniques.

Although a mining rework has been done that has increased gem outputs, to purely focus on experience gained from making jewellery may not be as practical as it is for regular players, due to the absence of the ability to trade on the Grand Exchange.

However, mining from uncommon gem rocks is viable with high Mining levels and a gem bag. Jewellery may be crafted for enchanting, high alching, sign of the porter, or Invention after it's unlocked.

MOLTEN GLASS, 1-46+

• FQ30znu.png Beer Glass: 1 Crafting
  • L1NSFwm.png Candle Lantern (empty): 4 Crafting
  • 1VNznyy.png Oil Lamp (empty): 12 Crafting
  • 0qAgR82.png Vial: 33 Crafting
  • 2RWBeeS.png Fishbowl: 42 Crafting
  • d2g1ekb.png Unpowered Orb: 46 Crafting
  • OinRzVq.png Lantern Lens: 49 Crafting
  • btOphyV.png Empty Light Orb: 87 Crafting

1. Molten glass can be made in a furnace using a bucket of sand and soda ash (obtained by cooking seaweed on a range or in a fire).
  2. Molten glass can then be made into several useful items with a glassblowing pipe (tool belt will work).
  3. Training this way is a good strategy for going from level 1-30 as glasswork offers decent experience rates.

POTTERY AND JEWELLERY, 1-77+

• vQg32OV.png Bowstring: 1 Crafting. Items Needed: NImnZXl.png
  • y5JvNcu.png Cracked mining urn (nr): 2 Crafting. Items Needed: k0OxDqK.pngk0OxDqK.png
  • FAAaqyi.png Gold Ring: 5 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.png
  • qX76LdK.png Gold necklace: 6 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.png
  • 2KT2aGd.png Gold Bracelet: 7 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.png
  • dd2Ur44.png Gold amulet (unstrung): 8 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.png
  • 2RW2dux.png Fragile cooking urn (nr): 12 Crafting. Items Needed: k0OxDqK.pngk0OxDqK.png
  • hYnzlHP.png Fragile fishing urn (nr): 15 Crafting. Items Needed: k0OxDqK.pngk0OxDqK.png
  • sHLISxn.png Sapphire ring: 20 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngDnTQn33.png
  • 3pT2IyY.png Sapphire necklace: 22 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngDnTQn33.png
  • mdsDfdr.png Sapphire bracelet: 23 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngDnTQn33.png
  • LwcQR55.png Sapphire amulet (unstrung): 24 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngDnTQn33.png
  • zMBXV5y.png Emerald necklace: 29 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngtPZJyUC.png
  • kJ4imX1.png Emerald bracelet: 30 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngtPZJyUC.png
  • NpTsZGa.png Plain cooking urn (nr): 36 Crafting. Items Needed: k0OxDqK.pngk0OxDqK.png
  • MzM5vpy.png Ruby necklace: 40 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngzH1i1qK.png
  • 5TkXkYx.png Ruby bracelet: 42 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngzH1i1qK.png
  • qytRj3Z.png Dragonstone ring: 55 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngUsqxJQA.png
  • kR6WX3m.png Dragonstone necklace: 72 Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngUsqxJQA.png
  • xsByC0m.png Dragonstone bracelet: 74+ Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngUsqxJQA.png
  • Dr4FkvP.png Decorated fishing urn (nr): 76 Crafting. Items Needed: k0OxDqK.pngk0OxDqK.png
  • pZjSSHw.png Decorated runecrafting urn (nr): 77+ Crafting. Items Needed: k0OxDqK.pngk0OxDqK.png
  • Jisd5Tz.png Dragonstone amulet (unstrung): 80+ Crafting. Items Needed: oXYNTzz.pngUsqxJQA.png

1. Players can make their own soft clay by using clay on a water source, or buy from Grand Exchange or other players.
  2. Players can also mine their own clay.
  3. New players can also make bowstrings from flax as these offer a bit of money as well as slow Crafting experience.

CUTTING GEMS, 1-79+

• xYYioWm.png Lapis Lazuli: 1 Crafting
  • PdXXO9C.png Opal: 1 Crafting
  • 76G41uI.png Jade: 13 Crafting
  • iJ2Eknw.png Red Topaz: 16 Crafting
  • DnTQn33.png Sapphire: 20 Crafting
  • tPZJyUC.png Emerald: 27 Crafting
  • zH1i1qK.png Ruby: 34 Crafting
  • wNCBQp1.png Diamond: 43 Crafting
  • UsqxJQA.png Dragonstone: 55 Crafting
  • cDCo5rj.png Onyx: 72 Crafting
  • sHpDdPh.png Hydrix: 79 Crafting

1. For getting gem rocks a player can use the Grand Exchange or trade other players. For Ironman I recommending reading below to find where the specific gem rocks can be obtained. Also if you aren't on Ironman mode, feel free to check it out aswell.
  2. Common Gem Rock: Requires 1 Mining to mine from, which is located in the Al Kharid Mine. Uncut Gems Obtainable: Uncut Lapis Lazuli, Uncut Opal, Uncut Jade and Uncut Red Topaz.
  3. Uncommon Gem Rock: Requires 20 Mining to mine from, which is located in the Al Kharid Mine. Uncut Gems Obtainable: Uncut Sapphire, Uncut Emerald and Uncut Ruby.
  4. Rare Gem Rock: Requires 23 Mining to mine from, which is located in the Kal'Gerion Resource Dungeon (90 Dungeoneering is needed) or in the Lunar Isle Mine. Uncut Gems Obtainable: Uncut Emerald, Uncut Ruby, Uncut Diamond and Uncut Dragonstone.
  5. Precious Gem Rock: Requires 25 Mining to mine from, which is located in the Al Kharid Resource Dungeon (75 Dungeoneering is needed) or in the Shilo Village Mine. Uncut Gems Obtainble: Uncut Emerald, Uncut Ruby and Uncut Diamond.
  6. Prifddinas Gem Rock: Requires 75 Mining to mine from, which is located in the Trahaearn Gem Mine. Uncut Gems Obtainable: Uncut Sapphire, Uncut Emerald, Uncut Ruby, Uncut Diamond and Uncut Dragonstone.

STRINGING AMULETS, 24-80+

• LwcQR55.png Sapphire amulet (unstrung): 24 Crafting
  • qhquQ0e.png Opal amulet (unstrung): 27 Crafting
  • XgziW0u.png Emerald amulet (unstrung): 31 Crafting
  • hFybuTf.png Jade amulet (unstrung): 34 Crafting
  • ng3Yshn.png Topaz amulet (unstrung): 45 Crafting
  • pBfgvb7.png Ruby amulet (unstrung): 50 Crafting
  • 0blSW4R.png Diamond amulet (unstrung): 70 Crafting
  • Jisd5Tz.png Dragonstone amulet (unstrung): 80 Crafting

1. A ball of wool can be bought on the Grand Exchange or crafted on a spinning wheel out of wool (check the spinning wheel section). It can be used on an unstrung amulet to string it.
  2. At level 80 Magic, players can cast String Jewellery to automatically string all amulets in their inventory. With a mud or elemental battlestaff.

BATTLESTAVES, 54-66+

• QGDBvFn.png Water Battlestaff: 54 Crafting
  • jDXTnfR.png Earth Battlestaff: 58 Crafting
  • zPBJTFa.png Fire Battlestaff: 62 Crafting
  • Oc3GBbc.png Air Battlestaff: 66 Crafting

1. Collecting the Battlestaves, Water, Earth, Fire and Air Orbs by using Grand Exchange or from trading other players.
  2. For Ironman I recommend checking for shops that sell, or use the "Item Drop Searcher" from Quest Journals to find what monster drops the specific items needed. Obviously if you are not playing on Ironman mode, feel free to do the same.

DRAGONHIDE ARMOUR, 63-93+

• NM87mv1.png Green Dragonhide Body: 63 Crafting
  • Z6hhrEz.png Green Dragonhide Shield: 64 Crafting
  • dIitpZt.png Blue Dragonhide Body: 71 Crafting
  • uGOQsGU.png Blue Dragonhide Shield: 72 Crafting
  • mAQvg5s.png Red Dragonhide Body: 77 Crafting
  • 67KCRtY.png Red Dragonhide Shield: 78 Crafting
  • p88ca21.png Black Dragonhide Body: 84 Crafting
  • Psdde9y.png Black Dragonhide Shield: 85 Crafting
  • eE1ORhS.png Royal Dragonhide Body: 93 Crafting

1. Dragonhide armour is crafted from dragon leather, requiring a needle (tool belt will work), and thread.
  2. For Ironman I recommend checking for shops that sell, or use the "Item Drop Searcher" from Quest Journals to find what monster drops the specific items needed. Obviously if you are not playing on Ironman mode, feel free to do the same.
  3. When using a Pack Yak and a Bank Preset, you are able to make alot more Bodies or Shields per hour.
  4. For players with 55 or higher Magic can use the High Alch spell, or disassemble them for Invention Components. Another option is to use the Invention Machines for High Alching or Disassembling.
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Love 1
Spoiler

MY GUIDES:

How to get to the Travelling Merchant
How to get to the Travelling Merchant - Topic 3269

Chompy Birds Guide
Chompy Birds Guide - Topic 3278

Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments
Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments - Topic 3597

How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly)
How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly) - Topic 3617

Giant Mimic Boss - D&D
Giant Mimic Boss D&D - Topic 3684

Player Owned Ports Guide
Player Owned Ports Guide - Topic 3720

Bork Boss - D&D
Bork Boss D&D - Topic 3785

How to get to the Lost Grove - Slayer Creatures
How to get to the Lost Grove & the Slayer Creatures - Topic 3800

Raptor Key & Chest - Raptor Monsters
Raptor Key, Chest & Raptor Monsters - Topic 3806

Ancient Invention Guide/Overview
Ancient Invention Guide/Overview - Topic 3821

Crafting Guide - 1-99+

Crafting Guide - 1-99+ - Topic 3901

PetTheCasket.gif.d9df0fc628039da8b1e0a952ebbe26b1.gif

• Kim changed the title to Crafting Guide 1-99+ (WIP)
  • Kim changed the title to Crafting Guide 1-99+
7 hours ago, dreams said:

Looks realllyyy good! Can't wait for it to be done, excited to use it!

Thank you, sir. I have now updated it alot more, and it is ready for use. Will probably end up doing a few small tweaks here and there. Also look for adding new things, when they get added along the way!

• Like 1
Spoiler

MY GUIDES:

Chompy Birds Guide

Giant Mimic Boss - D&D

Player Owned Ports Guide

Bork Boss - D&D

Crafting Guide - 1-99+

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 1:59 AM, Lucinda said:

You never cease to amaze me with what guides you can create, Kim.
10/10 

On 7/26/2021 at 12:50 PM, Sun said:

I love the layout, easy to navigate and read. Very informed for our newbies. 

Thank you for taking the time to prepare and share ! 

Thank you guys for the feedback, means alot. Glad to see you like them, and also that this will help out alot of people, and newbies in general!

• Like 1
Spoiler

MY GUIDES:

Chompy Birds Guide

Giant Mimic Boss - D&D

Player Owned Ports Guide

Bork Boss - D&D

Crafting Guide - 1-99+

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 4:17 AM, notdc said:

this is a good guide 

Thank you! I am glad it could be of use.

Spoiler

MY GUIDES:

Chompy Birds Guide

Giant Mimic Boss - D&D

Player Owned Ports Guide

Bork Boss - D&D