Locked Kalphite King and the perfect chitin

Asgardian

Going 1598kc for 2drops of an item that is supposed to be 1/50, with the first chitin on 1040kc, just ain't fun. Experienced that first hand on my ironman. Now i am ~500kc in on my classic account, and i have 0 perfect chitins; but multiple of every other drop (not including pet ofc) 

Compare this to every other defender drop which you will have in approximately 10-20kc, i just don't see what makes the chitin so wildly rare for some people.

This item is so weirdly spread out on droprates. Someone finishes all 3 perfect chitins in sub 200kc, while others; including myself, goes insanely dry on it and needs to camp kk for 40 hours. 

Let's make it a guaranteed drop on 100/250 or whatever kc seems fitting, where you're able to say you've probably "earned" it by now. As i can see newer players already fearing the grind of 1k+ KK kills for this item.

• Like 4
  • +1 1

image.png.ca709eea21805591d1df3616723c0558.png

I'd love to see something in place to make drygores more rare, having to go 1600KC would have made a huge impact on the drygore market ( if you've dropped over ) resulting in them just being worthless.

A balance would be so beneficial making the chitin the common item and switching around with drygores :)

+1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

+1 on making it a guaranteed drop at certain kill tresholds. Seeing a person get 2 chitins in sub 100 and personally receiving mine at 33 KC makes me very sympathetic for the unlucky few that have to sit at KK for that many kills. 

Considering the chitin is an untradeable unique that also removes t90 weaps from the market due to making them permanently untradeable, I don't personally consider a more streamlined flow of them entering the game to be a bad thing. 

Nex's defender token droprate is roughly 1/6, Barrows is a tad rarer but has several options and can be traded/looted from m boxes, the chitin sticks out like a sore thumb. Major support from me.

• Love 1

To do what I've preached.

Founding member of Bandits

I've seen drop rates of the chitin range from 10s to well into the 100s. To have such a low chance at obtaining a relatively common drop is rather demotivating, especially when someone new to the grind comes along and gets it at a very low kc. 

I personally think it should be guaranteed at a certain kill threshold, or to simply required X kills to obtain one. 

As Twenty Weeks has said, its untradeable, and used to make another untradeable item. So it wouldn't really have any impact if it was fixed. 

+1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Signature-sparkii_zps00eb3558.png.5c4bed58ff1252902a8f0116e791800d.png

image.png.bb9f9fac3adf17ccefecef8cc1cbb5f8.pngunknown.png

image.png.c9c03d004c6d9d56b1986f9bf58b141b.png image.png.f255806fa2cec1c0fbcd368504b87e63.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Nhs locked this topic