Locked Tutorial Island Feedback

Lokai

Well, I finally tried out Tutorial Island. Overall not a bad implementation. Here is my feedback on the content:

What I liked most:

• Path is laid out well with prompts, hints, arrows, and everything to ensure the player progresses without feeling lost
  • Content is limited to a few activities and up to 200 xp in any skill
  • Dialogues and content is familiar to one who has done RS Tutorial Island

Areas that might need tweaked:

• I indicated that I was "just creating another character" at creation, so it would be nice to have the option to "skip" the tutorial at that point
  • The Quest guide talked about the RS quest interface, rather than the Velheim custom one. It would be nice if it touched on some of those buttons during the conversation
  • I had banked a few items during the Tutorial. Not sure if you meant for those items to stay banked afterward, but they were still in my bank

• Like 4

cooltext407088970608825.png.d6ace26a1ac245688c7f6966397c0c8b.png

image.png.f25bd7b61757d183ff2c7881f4a44ae5.pngimage.png.798765135492c87745f50817d75f9737.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Sprout said:

Just read this, excuse me for grave digging. 

I think that if you click 'I already play I'm just making another account' or what ever the 3rd option was, that it should then skip the tutorial island, because having to do that every time would give me an aneurysm

Unfortunately, there are plenty of new players that would use that button to simply skip the simple tutorial that was implemented before - which resulted in very basic questions (that were explained in the tutorial) being asked in the Help FC.

• Like 1

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Iron Tyrone said:

Unfortunately, there are plenty of new players that would use that button to simply skip the simple tutorial that was implemented before - which resulted in very basic questions (that were explained in the tutorial) being asked in the Help FC.

Give the staff a command to send them back to tutorial island, that'll teach them skallywags. 

• Kekw 1

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

So if you click on "I've played before" give them a small prompt for a question you would only know In-game. Like I don't know... "What can you buy with Vote books" or "Who can reset your Combat Skills" stuff like that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...