Locked The 'Not-So Ultimate' Ironman Guide

• Administrator

Rs4pHsc.png

Greetings fellow VPgmvPn.pngUltimate Iron-fellow.

This guide is going to be kind-of small, but will outline some very important pieces of content to help you start on a UIM.

Things to know
You can mostly follow my other guide; Ironman Handbook: Progression
With the exception that you have to manage your inventory space wisely, and that you can't do Dungeoneering whenever you want due to having items on you.

Starting off your account.

Dungeoneering-icon.pngDungeoneering: At the start of the UIM experience, I would suggest starting with Dungeoneering.
You can't do Dungeoneering when you have items so you'd ideally focus on that first.

Try to set yourself the goal of getting most, if not ALL unlockables (skilling scrolls) from the Dungeoneering Reward Shop.
Other than the skilling scrolls, aim for a
Bonecrusher.png: RS3 Inventory image of Bonecrusher Bonecrusher, and at least a single Twisted bird skull necklace.png: RS3 Inventory image of Twisted bird skull necklace bone necklace - regardless of its tier, these will come in handy in the future.

The reason you only really need to focus on these listed above is because you can do Elite Dungeon trash-runs later in the game to get Dungeoneering EXP.
Rather than the forcing yourself to the "conventional" Daemonheim dungeoneering runs to train.

*After Dungeoneering - don't forget to grab a pair of Silverhawk boots (1).png Silverhawk boots from the Oddments Shop, or Diango*
These are BIS Hybrid Boots up to Lv65, and when charged, provide some very nice
Agility Agility EXP with no effort.

InventionInvention 
Once you've finished with your Dungeoneering goals, set your eyes on Invention.
Invention requires levels 80 in the following skills; CraftingCrafting, DivinationDivination, and SmithingSmithing.

For Crafting, I'd suggest Gem Rocks in Al-Kharid Mine - just mine them, cut them, drop them (you can turn the Rubies into Bolt Tips for Ruby Bolts in the future).
*For the above, you should hopefully have enough combat levels from Dungeoneering for the Scorpions to no longer be aggressive*

For Divination Divination, the conventional method of training paired with doing GCTs is recommended.
For Smithing Smithing, you just do it normally - there are no "special" or "suggested" methods to train this skill.

The skilling tools made with Invention are nice to use, you'll want Invention to make specific accessories in the future (more info on this in my Progression guide).

Another reason for wanting to rush Invention are the Invention Machines.
You'll NEVER turn on the Generator, so these will be some extra storage.
You're able to create up to 6 total machines - personally I suggest 3 Disassembling Machines, and 3 Alchemisers. This will give you a total of 18 storage space in the machines.

InventionMachine Storage Priority 
As for Storage Priority, you'll want 3 slots for Runes (Blood rune.png Blood, Death rune.png Death, Soul rune.png Soul) - ignore this if you get a Sealed large rune pouch.png Rune Pouch from the Vote Shop.
3 slots for Consumables (1 food, 2 potion - ie; Shark.pngSharks, Prayer potion (1).png Prayer Potions & Weapon poison++ (1).png Weapon Poisons - these potions are obtained from ED trash runs).
2 slots for useful Herblore Supplies (Grimy bloodweed.png Bloodweed, Searing ashes.png Searing Ashes), and the rest of the slots are up to you - but these are what I suggest to keep.

Controls inventory.png Managing your inventory/gear.

When it comes to managing your inventory as a UIM, you want to focus on a few things.

For the majority of playing, you'll want to utilize either; easy to obtain/store buyable gear, or long-term-use Hybrid Gear.
*For the above I recommend using the starter Pathfinder jacket.png Pathfinder gear, or Monk's robe (top).png Monk Robes until you get Dragon Rider body.png Dragon Rider gear*

For specific early styles, Lunar from the Oneiromancer has amazing usage for low-level magic gear and will carry you with mage for a LONG time.
Other than Lunar, there aren't really that many "good" options for other styles. For Melee there is Proselyte which is great since it has a good prayer bonus.

The Hybrid Gears that I'd suggest other than Pathfinder/Dragon Rider are;
Akrisae's robe top.png Akrisae (Augmented Akrisae's robe top.png Augmentable), Crystal body.pngCrystal Armour, Attuned crystal body.png Attuned Crystal Armour, and Anima core body of Sliske.png Anima Core of Sliske (inc Refined anima core body of Sliske.png Refined, both Augmented refined anima core body of Sliske.png: RS3 Inventory image of Augmented refined anima core body of Sliske Augmentable.).
*Though I'll specify again, you can use normal gears that you earn instead of Hybrid gear - Hybrid Gear just saves time and space.*

When it comes to Inventory management, you'll want to hold Clue Scrolls (Degrade all BUT Elites, down to Easy & Elite where applicable).
You'll want to hold onto an Enhanced Excalibur.png Enhanced Excalibur for its healing effect, Cape swaps such as Saradomin cape.png: RS3 Inventory image of Saradomin cape Mage Arena Capes, and Ava's accumulator.png Avas (ignore once you get any Constitution cape (t).png Skillcape).
Weapons such as; the Polypore staff.png Polypore Staff, Bane 2h sword + 4.png: RS3 Inventory image of Bane 2h sword + 4 Bane 2h +4, Attuned crystal bow.png Attuned/Crystal Bow are effective one-slot weapons.
The Polypore staff.pngPolypore Staff requires charges and not conventional spells, the Bane 2h can be upgraded to a Dragon bane 2h sword.png Dragonbane 2h for KBD afking in the future (can also be Augmented dragon bane 2h sword.png augmented).

Other gear slots: Pocket, Ring, and Necklace.
For these slots I would recommend the following.
Illuminated Book of Wisdom.png Illuminated Book of Wisdom for the pocket slot, bought from Jossik and completed with the pages from clue scrolls.
Asylum surgeon's ring (i).png Asylum Surgeon's Ring (i) for the ring slot, bought from the Vote Shop in order.
Twisted bird skull necklace.pngSplit dragontooth necklace.pngDemon horn necklace.png Bone Necklaces from Dungeoneering, they work in tandem with the Bonecrusher for almost infinite prayer points - bought from dungeoneering.
Other necklaces I would recommend are; Blood amulet of fury.png Blood Fury (Hybrid + Healing passive), Amulet of souls.png Amulet of Souls (Passive boosts SoulSplit's effect), 
Essence of Finality amulet.png Essence of Finality (Has both AOS and Reaper Neck Passives + spec storage), Grace of the elves.png Grace of the Elves (Solely for skilling - hold in your keepsake storage, or inventory)

Keepsake key.png Keepsake Storage.
Storing items in the Keepsake storage is essential for Ultimate Ironmen.

The basis is that the Keepsake Function on Velheim. You can store normal equipment as cosmetic overrides in the Keepsake Storage.
This feature means that you can store up to 50 pieces of equippable items in the Keepsake Storage.

To Keepsake an item, all you have to do is use a Keepsake Key on the item you want to store. You can get Keepsake Keys from Solomon's Store in the SOF Tab, the online Store, the Wise Old Man for Loyalty Points, or the prestige shop.

When you want to retrieve an item that you have stored, go into the SOF Tab > Customisation > then go into the Keepsake Section with the image.png button on the top right. From there, click the item you want to retrieve and click the image.png button to do so.

This is mainly to store items that you otherwise would not need in your inventory, or items that cannot be stored anywhere.
Examples of these are Guildmaster Tony's mattock.png Guildmaster Tony's mattock and Tavia's fishing rod.png Tavia's Fishing rod.
This also applies to most, if not all augmented gear that you aren't currently using.

If you can sacrifice the inventory slot to hold that equipment, then feel free to hold it in your inventory. But in the longrun, with multiple offensive weapon styles (magic, range, melee) then you'll need to utilize the keepsake storage.

This guide is still mostly a WIP, but I'll update it whenever I feel like it tbh - it's a LOT of work explaining UIM strats.
Its mainly just managing inventory, inv machines, and keepsake slots - and still following the Ironman restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

• Iron Tyrone changed the title to The 'Not-So Ultimate' Ironman Guide
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide Tyrone,

I followed part of it starting off, I figured while I waited my 48 hours of transfering my Status that I would work on skills and minimize the need of items during that time.

I was able to obtain 80 Divinaiton/80 Crafting/80 Smithing within the first few hours.

Divination: Guthix Caches

Crafting & Smithing: Proteans (Takes about 100-200 bars, and 100-300 hides) I just recommend buying a couple of bonds and doing spins and then buying proteans or get lucky.

I recommend unlocking invention early on because most items give high junk, repeat this with dailies until you receive 15K+ junk. BIS Junk is: Halberds/Bows/Spears. This took me 3-4 days worth of daily shop runs. After Smith/Craft were done, or I was working on, I was working on my stats, aimed for 70+ish everything, by the time my Donator rank was transfered, I was ready to begin dung. I started with 70 Range, I got lucky and immediately received a Shadow hood, I collected my votes until the dung grind so I was able to get extra XP. Reset my ring of kinship 3-4 times on the way to 120 dungeoneering. Once that was complete, I had 10m Tokens for any chaotic/prayer/perks/pages(can obtain from Maw, I wouldn't buy unless impatient.)

Having the junk grind over, I made 4 Fishing Rod-o-Matics, perked them with Furnace 4/Honed 4(Having perks makes the levels go faster.) got 30mish fishing XP but managed to get 120 Invention while unlocking discoveries aswell. I had 90ish clues at this point, turned them into easies, and D/A'd all the fortunate items. I went to Kalg' demons, and got lucky with 3 Onyxes in 20 KC. Making my LOTD and unlocking Dark Magic.

As soon as I finished that grind, I returned to slayer, included possible reapers, avianisie tasks I did arma, got lucky and finished log in 139 KC. No dupes. When I unlocked Feral dinosaurs, I got lucky and finished pipe by 270 KC, all the other bones I used towards prayer and unlocked ancient magics, got a Nex task, got pet 1 KC, and so far going pretty great. Can't wait to continue this UIM experience :)

• 3 months later...